Mafia recruits

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: Mafia recruits

Post by Stroccos »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:31 am
bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:22 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:16 am
bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:55 am What the hell are you talking about now calling me Dan and Whale Sperm? You've lost your mind fanboy.
If you are Dan, I wouldnt expect you to have the balls to admit it. At best you're a slight Dan upgrade. Better grammar, same lame arguments. Dan 2.0.
I still don't understand your point or what you're saying. Your whale sperm remark was foolish. You must be 16 years old
Whale sperm is an old Dan-related joke from the RD forum.

I'm saying you're acting and debating much like Dan did, assuming you really aren't Dan.

Making vague, baseless claims. Nothing to back them up. Even sounding crazy with Capeci being "under pressure" to not make Asians look bad. Also downplaying the Mafia, as Dan often did.

If you want to be taken seriously, you have to back up what you say. Especially if what you're saying goes against conventional wisdom. Nobody is just going to take your word for it.
i figured he was just some asian guy who was a homer
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:00 am I agree, but different groups dominate in different areas. That is changing with multiculturalism blending gangs. Drugs are the biggest money maker now, and I see Hispanics as having that nailed down. Unless Americans suddenly stop wanting to get high whoever controls the flow from one side and the distribution own the other will dominate. The Italians have not lost what they have, but the amount of that clout has changed IMO.
about drug distribution black gangs are by far more involved that hispanic ones in the states
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

scagghiuni wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:02 am
bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:00 am I agree, but different groups dominate in different areas. That is changing with multiculturalism blending gangs. Drugs are the biggest money maker now, and I see Hispanics as having that nailed down. Unless Americans suddenly stop wanting to get high whoever controls the flow from one side and the distribution own the other will dominate. The Italians have not lost what they have, but the amount of that clout has changed IMO.
about drug distribution black gangs are by far more involved that hispanic ones in the states
but Good thing to consider, you may be right. I don't know for sure, but I do see a lot of housing projects have yearly drug busts involving rings. I don't think they are into the importing part though, aside from bringing it in from southern states. International wise, it's the Hispanics I think.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:58 pm but Good thing to consider, you may be right. I don't know for sure, but I do see a lot of housing projects have yearly drug busts involving rings. I don't think they are into the importing part though, aside from bringing it in from southern states. International wise, it's the Hispanics I think.
the importers are mostly the mexican or colombian cartels nowadays, in the middle several intermediators and the the local gangs (blacks, whites or hispanics) run the distribution in their neighborhoods and blacks are the most active by far according to arrests
lcn was the major distributor at the time of french and later pizza connection in the 1940s - 1980s
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:58 pm
but Good thing to consider, you may be right. I don't know for sure, but I do see a lot of housing projects have yearly drug busts involving rings. I don't think they are into the importing part though, aside from bringing it in from southern states. International wise, it's the Hispanics I think.
You're on the right trail. The Hispanics are far more involved on a higher level in the drug business than blacks. The Hispanics are involved in the manufacturing and importation like the Sicilian Mafia during the "Pizza Connection" years. The blacks are on the lowest level as street distributors standing on their street corner selling it to other blacks and stupid whites driving through the area. They only last for so long because another black will shoot him and take over the corner in the jungle.....
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:12 am FBI site on organized crime in the U.S.

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/organized-crime
Congrats, bert. You found the FBI's page on organized crime. But in the context of this forum, its sort of like finding out that water is wet.
bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:14 am The above is OC, below is gangs. The latest, most recent news from the FBI on them

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/violent ... /gang-news
Yes, the FBI combined it's organized crime and gang sections in 2010. That's a good place to find cases.

Still not sure how this goes to your claim about orher groups surpassing the Mafia in New York though.
Confederate wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:30 pm
You're on the right trail. The Hispanics are far more involved on a higher level in the drug business than blacks. The Hispanics are involved in the manufacturing and importation like the Sicilian Mafia during the "Pizza Connection" years. The blacks are on the lowest level as street distributors standing on their street corner selling it to other blacks and stupid whites driving through the area. They only last for so long because another black will shoot him and take over the corner in the jungle.....
In terms of looking at the drug trade on a national level, the annual DEA Drug Threat Assessment is a good source.

The Mexican cartels/DTOs are the primary suppliers of cocaine, heroin, marijuana, and meth to virtually every area of the U.S. except for a few. In South Florida there is more competition with Colombian and Cuban groups. Mexicans are the dominant suppliers of cocaine in New York state but, within New York City itself, the Colombians are still the main source. Dominicans are the main middlemen for both. The Mexicans are still making inroads to New England, which is obviously the furthest region they have to ship to.

Outside the New York families, the few remaining have relatively minimal involvement in drugs. Even the New York families have been marginalized in the drug trade, though their involvement remains significant. But their strength has always come more from the diversity of their rackets than being #1 in narcotics.
All roads lead to New York.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Mafia recruits

Post by Lupara »

Wiseguy wrote:
bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:22 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:16 am
bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:55 am What the hell are you talking about now calling me Dan and Whale Sperm? You've lost your mind fanboy.
If you are Dan, I wouldnt expect you to have the balls to admit it. At best you're a slight Dan upgrade. Better grammar, same lame arguments. Dan 2.0.
I still don't understand your point or what you're saying. Your whale sperm remark was foolish. You must be 16 years old
Whale sperm is an old Dan-related joke from the RD forum.

I'm saying you're acting and debating much like Dan did, assuming you really aren't Dan.

Making vague, baseless claims. Nothing to back them up. Even sounding crazy with Capeci being "under pressure" to not make Asians look bad. Also downplaying the Mafia, as Dan often did.

If you want to be taken seriously, you have to back up what you say. Especially if what you're saying goes against conventional wisdom. Nobody is just going to take your word for it.
There's been a ban on dealing drugs since 1957. If you don't believe that than go fuck self you dumb hick.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: Mafia recruits

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:29 pmThere's been a ban on dealing drugs since 1957. You don't believe? Go fuck self.
:lol:

Will never get old.
All roads lead to New York.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Confederate wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:30 pm
What's the biggest bust you've seen recently? Curious...
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

February 28, 2019 at Port Newark, 1.6 tons of Coke. Why do you ask?
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Does anybody know or has it ever been estimated by the Feds how many from the old country are migrating to America for organized crime families? I can’t imagine too many Italians are coming here today for the American Mafia. Australia, Argentina, Canada etc have more Italians/Calabrians that are continuing to grow in those countries. OC is much stronger there. RICO changed the entire culture. Along with the younger generations of American wiseguys.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:02 pm Does anybody know or has it ever been estimated by the Feds how many from the old country are migrating to America for organized crime families? I can’t imagine too many Italians are coming here today for the American Mafia. Australia, Argentina, Canada etc have more Italians/Calabrians that are continuing to grow in those countries. OC is much stronger there. RICO changed the entire culture. Along with the younger generations of American wiseguys.
I don't think it was RICO as much as a culture change. Any Italians migrating here would likely stick to themselves if they are with a mafia group from their home country. It is also very tough to come here form Italy and stay. In ht east 5 years I've met 2 guys from Italy who learned English and tried to stay, both were turned down and left. I told done, a waiter, to just stay, everyone else does. He replied that he did not want to do it that way. The other started his own business here but his Visa expired and he had to leave, he left. If 2 honest guys from Italy can't come and stay it has to be way more difficult for anyone coming here with ties to OC.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:02 pm Does anybody know or has it ever been estimated by the Feds how many from the old country are migrating to America for organized crime families? I can’t imagine too many Italians are coming here today for the American Mafia. Australia, Argentina, Canada etc have more Italians/Calabrians that are continuing to grow in those countries. OC is much stronger there. RICO changed the entire culture. Along with the younger generations of American wiseguys.
although the very large italian community the mafia or ndrangheta never started in argentina aside some little cells, anyway most of italians were from north over there
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Wiseguy, not sure what exactly pissed you off but please keep the discussion civil in this section.

I´m not sure if Solai has announced it but I´m back as a moderator. Enjoy the discussion and the debate. And please keep the personal attacks out of here.
There you have it, never printed before.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

bert wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:58 pm
I don't think it was RICO as much as a culture change. Any Italians migrating here would likely stick to themselves if they are with a mafia group from their home country. It is also very tough to come here form Italy and stay. In ht east 5 years I've met 2 guys from Italy who learned English and tried to stay, both were turned down and left. I told done, a waiter, to just stay, everyone else does. He replied that he did not want to do it that way. The other started his own business here but his Visa expired and he had to leave, he left. If 2 honest guys from Italy can't come and stay it has to be way more difficult for anyone coming here with ties to OC.
RICO certainly had an effect over the last 30+ years in decimating the mafia. There are more turncoats over the last 30 years than ever before, which certainly affects the membership and bringing new blood in. Calabrians have been going to Argentina (Buenos Aires) since the 1880's. I agree 100% on the culture change. It's a culture of rats. American born mobsters, especially the 3rd and 4th generation American Mobsters have no honor to their oath. It makes sense as their ancestors came here with nothing and went out and earned a living on the streets and with secrecy. Calabrians have been infiltrating Australia since the 1930's (and I believe at least 20 years prior to that).
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP