Mafia recruits

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bert
Full Patched

Re: Mafia recruits

Post by bert »

The guy selling on the corner or out of a bar or wherever is supplied by a person who is in turn supplied by another, and all are out of the same group. Mexico has had drugs taken over the border into the States since the 1940's, maybe further back. They even organize by what region they are from. Same for any other south of the border gangs. The Chinese are so big in financial schemes since the 1970's it' mind boggling, I don't know if they are connected to the street gangs of Chinese ancestry. The media said they were, and mentioned Tongs, but don't if that is true. More real estate sold by cash transactions take place out of their communites, and get no big looking over by the feds. Asians have bought homes and building all over New York often with cash, and I mean actual cash, not a check as a term sometimes substituted for cash. The mafia, even at the height of their power, was nowhere near their level.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

bert wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:33 pm The guy selling on the corner or out of a bar or wherever is supplied by a person who is in turn supplied by another, and all are out of the same group. Mexico has had drugs taken over the border into the States since the 1940's, maybe further back. They even organize by what region they are from. Same for any other south of the border gangs. The Chinese are so big in financial schemes since the 1970's it' mind boggling, I don't know if they are connected to the street gangs of Chinese ancestry. The media said they were, and mentioned Tongs, but don't if that is true. More real estate sold by cash transactions take place out of their communites, and get no big looking over by the feds. Asians have bought homes and building all over New York often with cash, and I mean actual cash, not a check as a term sometimes substituted for cash. The mafia, even at the height of their power, was nowhere near their level.

Curious how the cash for real estate is a scheme or "criminal conspiracy?" Is it bc the transaction isn't recorded (just title transfer) and no tax is paid? Or?

Also interested in hearing some more of the financial schemes as well.

Thanks
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:47 pm
bert wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:33 pm The guy selling on the corner or out of a bar or wherever is supplied by a person who is in turn supplied by another, and all are out of the same group. Mexico has had drugs taken over the border into the States since the 1940's, maybe further back. They even organize by what region they are from. Same for any other south of the border gangs. The Chinese are so big in financial schemes since the 1970's it' mind boggling, I don't know if they are connected to the street gangs of Chinese ancestry. The media said they were, and mentioned Tongs, but don't if that is true. More real estate sold by cash transactions take place out of their communites, and get no big looking over by the feds. Asians have bought homes and building all over New York often with cash, and I mean actual cash, not a check as a term sometimes substituted for cash. The mafia, even at the height of their power, was nowhere near their level.

Curious how the cash for real estate is a scheme or "criminal conspiracy?" Is it bc the transaction isn't recorded (just title transfer) and no tax is paid? Or?

Thanks

It is supposed to be reported, and looked into for amounts that large, but the banks they use overlook it and get away with it. Or they are reporting it and it's getting ignored by the government. Also anyone showing up with hundreds of thousands in a bag would usually raise suspicions, now it's millions of dollars. I know a man who went to the Chinese bank on mulberry street, of all places, expecting a check for his house sale to an Asian woman. The bank gave him his money in cash, over. million. What bank does that? I heard satires of them doing it for over 20 years, but thought it was an urban legend. The banks there were tied to gangs in the older days, so who knows what goes on now. It never gets mentioned Gerry Capeci used to cover the Asian gangs occasionally in the early days of his Gangland columns, then he suddenly stopped.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

bert wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:54 pm Listen Wiseguy, now you are throwing insults, so I 'm not going to try to explain anything or discuss anything further with you. You seem hopeless.
Its hard to argue with facts, I know.
bert wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:10 pmThe Chinese are so big in financial schemes since the 1970's it' mind boggling, I don't know if they are connected to the street gangs of Chinese ancestry. The media said they were, and mentioned Tongs, but don't if that is true. More real estate sold by cash transactions take place out of their communites, and get no big looking over by the feds. Asians have bought homes and building all over New York often with cash, and I mean actual cash, not a check as a term sometimes substituted for cash. The mafia, even at the height of their power, was nowhere near their level.
There have certainly been a lot of extremely rich Asians (billionaires even) buying up property, including in recent years. But the ones I'm talking about are at least ostensibly legitimate. Not in the organized crime context we should be talking about. So I have no doubt you'll forego more vague generalities and kindly provide some examples of these bigger-than-the-Mafia Chinese OC figures with such wealth. Asking for a friend.
bert wrote:It never gets mentioned Gerry Capeci used to cover the Asian gangs occasionally in the early days of his Gangland columns, then he suddenly stopped.
That's because, as I said, the Chinese gangs in New York largely broken up by indictments. Eventually there wasn't much for Capeci to write about when it came to the gangs in Chinatown.
All roads lead to New York.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:16 pm
bert wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:54 pm Listen Wiseguy, now you are throwing insults, so I 'm not going to try to explain anything or discuss anything further with you. You seem hopeless.
bert wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:10 pmThe Chinese are so big in financial schemes since the 1970's it' mind boggling, I don't know if they are connected to the street gangs of Chinese ancestry. The media said they were, and mentioned Tongs, but don't if that is true. More real estate sold by cash transactions take place out of their communites, and get no big looking over by the feds. Asians have bought homes and building all over New York often with cash, and I mean actual cash, not a check as a term sometimes substituted for cash. The mafia, even at the height of their power, was nowhere near their level.
There have certainly been a lot of extremely rich Asians (billionaires even) buying up property, including in recent years. But the ones I'm talking about are at least ostensibly legitimate. Not in the organized crime context we should be talking about. So I have no doubt you'll forego more vague generalities and kindly provide some examples of these bigger-than-the-Mafia Chinese OC figures with such wealth. Asking for a friend.
bert wrote:It never gets mentioned Gerry Capeci used to cover the Asian gangs occasionally in the early days of his Gangland columns, then he suddenly stopped.
That's because, as I said, the Chinese gangs in New York largely broken up by indictments. Eventually there wasn't much for Capeci to write about when it came to the gangs in Chinatown.
You don't have facts, you have theories. Capeci and others were under pressure to not portray Asians in a bad light, so they stopped writing about them as much. Plus, people like you are more entertained by hearing about the Mafia. You must live in another country to be so out of touch with what goes on in America.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

bert wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Thanks

It is supposed to be reported, and looked into for amounts that large, but the banks they use overlook it and get away with it. Or they are reporting it and it's getting ignored by the government. Also anyone showing up with hundreds of thousands in a bag would usually raise suspicions, now it's millions of dollars. I know a man who went to the Chinese bank on mulberry street, of all places, expecting a check for his house sale to an Asian woman. The bank gave him his money in cash, over. million. What bank does that? I heard satires of them doing it for over 20 years, but thought it was an urban legend. The banks there were tied to gangs in the older days, so who knows what goes on now. It never gets mentioned Gerry Capeci used to cover the Asian gangs occasionally in the early days of his Gangland columns, then he suddenly stopped.
it has little to do with Chinese organized crime its rich Chinese people getting there money out of china and parking it in united states real estate , the us government should try to stop this as they are going to price out most americans of buying in certain areas.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Latin gangs we never hear about as much

https://qns.com/story/2018/09/06/allege ... -brooklyn/
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Here, read and learn

https://www.amny.com/news/ms-13-18th-st ... 1.18351816
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Stroccos wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:30 pm
bert wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Thanks

it has little to do with Chinese organized crime its rich Chinese people getting there money out of china and parking it in united states real estate , the us government should try to stop this as they are going to price out most americans of buying in certain areas.

That is a big part of it, but they are doin git illegally at times, and under the table. There are, separate form that, Asian gangs still around, but getting little attention. They are younger and more plentiful than the Mafia is now. The Chinese you mention are interesting now, if the boycotts continue I wonder if they will pull out of U.S. investments like real estate.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Bert, don’t delude yourself. Nobody, NOBODY will ever come close to what the Italians accomplished in America, and all over the world for that matter. Big business, the world of politics, big labor, every facet of life. Almost every single industry across America. Infiltrating, absorbing and controlling to a more or less degree. Every racket that was even worth running. The structure, decipline, rules, cohesiveness and hierarchical design that purpetuates itself over centuries is NOT something that can be duplicated. Even in its current severely depleted current state, the Italian OC is singular in nature. Chinese with there language and social gap, Hispanic who almost don’t even count (low level bull shit drugs and street shit), Blacks who basically again only sell drugs and kill each other with NO structure. Etc etc..... do you REALLY believe in your heart that ANY of these could run entire industries, monopolizing entire segments of labor unions or reach into the White House as LCN has? You’re stroking yourself if you think so! It’s so silly that I’m mad at myself for even responding to this but it needed a serious response!
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

I agree with you Maxie
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:14 am Bert, don’t delude yourself. Nobody, NOBODY will ever come close to what the Italians accomplished in America, and all over the world for that matter. Big business, the world of politics, big labor, every facet of life. Almost every single industry across America. Infiltrating, absorbing and controlling to a more or less degree. Every racket that was even worth running. The structure, decipline, rules, cohesiveness and hierarchical design that purpetuates itself over centuries is NOT something that can be duplicated. Even in its current severely depleted current state, the Italian OC is singular in nature. Chinese with there language and social gap, Hispanic who almost don’t even count (low level bull shit drugs and street shit), Blacks who basically again only sell drugs and kill each other with NO structure. Etc etc..... do you REALLY believe in your heart that ANY of these could run entire industries, monopolizing entire segments of labor unions or reach into the White House as LCN has? You’re stroking yourself if you think so! It’s so silly that I’m mad at myself for even responding to this but it needed a serious response!
the mexicn cartels have it going on In mexico but in America I agree no group will ever come close to the power lcn had at there peak
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

It seems to me that you Italians in this Country have accomplished tremendous things far beyond LCN. If every Italian in America went on strike tomorrow, this Country would most probably come to a screeching fucking halt. Can't say that about too many other White ethnic groups and certainly not about any non White groups. Just my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

maxiestern11 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:14 am Bert, don’t delude yourself. Nobody, NOBODY will ever come close to what the Italians accomplished in America, and all over the world for that matter. Big business, the world of politics, big labor, every facet of life. Almost every single industry across America. Infiltrating, absorbing and controlling to a more or less degree. Every racket that was even worth running. The structure, decipline, rules, cohesiveness and hierarchical design that purpetuates itself over centuries is NOT something that can be duplicated. Even in its current severely depleted current state, the Italian OC is singular in nature. Chinese with there language and social gap, Hispanic who almost don’t even count (low level bull shit drugs and street shit), Blacks who basically again only sell drugs and kill each other with NO structure. Etc etc..... do you REALLY believe in your heart that ANY of these could run entire industries, monopolizing entire segments of labor unions or reach into the White House as LCN has? You’re stroking yourself if you think so! It’s so silly that I’m mad at myself for even responding to this but it needed a serious response!
Over centuries? Part of centuries? 100 years or a bit more, not multiple centuries. Other groups are in unions and politics, and as for a Chinese or hispanic social gap you are deluding yourself.