Mafia recruits

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Re: Mafia recruits

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

And yes maybe money is everything in the world to The Mob as of 2019. But it’s tradition, discipline and old ways came before money the Family and brotherhood was what it was all about
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:04 pm What’s gonna be the future for a new supply of Associates, Soldiers, Captains and Administration Members who’s gonna fill in these positions 50 years from now?
I don’t think anybody is arguing over the Mafia’s state 50 years from now.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 pm Wiseguy do you know any Mafia people or related to any mafia people? Even though The Mob will still be around it’s going to get weaker and weaker. Where is it gonna be in 2050 there are mob guys that have walked away and quit the mob. Count how many mob guys that are dead, in prison and turned rat
I've never met a mob guy in my life but I don't think you need to when it comes to recognizing general trends.

Anyway, I agree it's getting weaker, though the rate we're talking about depends on where we're talking about. In most U.S. cities, it's gone. In a few, it's there but weak and fading.

But New York is different. There it's been a much slower decline than many predicted years ago. The difference is the NY families have been less impacted than elsewhere by attrition. They've essentially maintained the same numbers for the last 25 years. And as long as they're able to replace the members that die, they're not going anywhere. And even today, far more don't flip than do, despite the latter getting all the attention.
All roads lead to New York.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

I think It's plausible for The Five Families to be around in 50 years. The heyday is over and isn't coming back, but I don't see them going the way of the dodo bird anytime soon. :lol: In one way or another they have been around for 130-140 years, so what's a few decades more, especially now when the spotlight is off them and the pressure isn't what it used to be.
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Knowing old timer gangsters that were the creators of the original LCN when it was brought to the USA it shows that you’ll never come across those type of guys anymore like Bruno, Bonanno, Lucchese, Gambino, Profaci etc. The players are the most important part of the organization If you got bad leaders than you got an awful Organization. I understand that crime doesn’t take a vacation but really who’s around anymore
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

It has been weak in new york for a long time, the prosecutors and news groups make it seem big to net profits off it, and for political gain. They are still around, but nothing compared to the say, the 1940's or to other current groups.
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

The thing with the LCN is that it’s an ancient tradition that goes back 750 years ago. It was created to protect the land and its people it was so secretive and tight knit that it couldn’t be broken. Let’s face it the LCN is broken as of now as the years changed the players changed and it didn’t stay the same. Bosses even Flipped such as Massino, Natale, Vitale, Casso, Gravano, Leonetti etc. The point I’m trying to make is It’s never going to get as powerful as it once was
With the street gangs it’s different cause there a loose organization not organized not secretive and there’s a lot of younger guys in it. With the LCN you gotta be chosen for that life and be invited to join. Especially back in the old days whatever we see today and hear about is just a group of guys trying to make money Operating like a Street Gang
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:06 pm
NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 pm Wiseguy do you know any Mafia people or related to any mafia people? Even though The Mob will still be around it’s going to get weaker and weaker. Where is it gonna be in 2050 there are mob guys that have walked away and quit the mob. Count how many mob guys that are dead, in prison and turned rat
I've never met a mob guy in my life but I don't think you need to when it comes to recognizing general trends.

Anyway, I agree it's getting weaker, though the rate we're talking about depends on where we're talking about. In most U.S. cities, it's gone. In a few, it's there but weak and fading.

But New York is different. There it's been a much slower decline than many predicted years ago. The difference is the NY families have been less impacted than elsewhere by attrition. They've essentially maintained the same numbers for the last 25 years. And as long as they're able to replace the members that die, they're not going anywhere. And even today, far more don't flip than do, despite the latter getting all the attention.
Among the New York 5, correct me if I'm wrong, it seems that the Genovese's have had the least amount of made guys who were informants. They seem to be the last hold outs of the older tradition as far as secrecy and organization. I wonder what makes them a little different?
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

A former wiseguy turned rat can walk back into his old neighborhood without a problem. Business owners aren’t intimidated anymore to pay protection money to the Mob cause they just run straight to the cops. These guys are monitored all the time the F.B.I. Is a step ahead
Especially with all these new technology. A wiseguy today lives off past history with names such as Gambino, Genovese, Lucchese etc. atleast back then everything was firmly intact
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

For any Mafia Organization in the USA that was extremely powerful and successful would have to be the genovese’s for sure. I guess because they had a lot of old timers and strong leaders
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Because of so many less solid options for careers years back, many Italians went into the rackets as a fast and solid way to make big money and advance themselves and their families. Many guys were sharp, smart and innovative individuals who in today’s world could/would easily rise to captains of industry. Despite a formal education these were no dummies. They were very capable in every respect, as clearly evidenced by what they accomplished (making LCN what it was, a second government within a government). There were great profits and oppurtunities with minimal risk..... today those same type of capable men generally do NOT go into the rackets because common sense dictates the odds are way stacked against them. Generally small
Profits for huge risk and penalties. The cream of the Crop so to speak choose college and legitimate advancement. Typically mob guys today scrap the bottom of the barrel to find recruits. Low quality dummies, cafone, who don’t have a clue about what “The Life”
Was/is really about seek out street life. The Rico statue, conspiracy laws and dragonian penalties make a career in the mob a losing proposition. That’s not to say there are not fella’s making money that are sharp. But in general, percentage wise the quality guys; the Profaci’s Luciano’s frank Costello’s are not around today. Each year the life breaks down a little bit more. Italian heritage is being diluted, in life in general and the mob in particular. Jerkoffs for the most part. With little real balls, short on brains, are attracted to the life now...... it’s just the way it is. And it’s ot changing any time soon. Just my two cents
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

How was that Nino? You agree?
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Well done
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:06 pm

The mafia will def be around in nyc for atleast the next 25 yrs. I’d say the mob will become more disorganized, and may start to have renegade crews. Either way the mob will still be around for a while. After John Gotti was sent away everyone in the media said the mob was pretty much dead, which was an incredible understatement. Look at all the organized crime groups that came and went (the westies, the rudaj crew) while the mafia continued to dominate organized crime in nyc. The five families are one of a kind and lucky luciano was a genius with how carefully he organized the commission. The only family that could possibly go extinct is the Colombo family. The Persico’s rly drove that family into the shits.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

I think it's pretty dumb to act like the modern mob is small and relatively weak compared to other crime groups. Other than street gangs the only groups in New York with the numbers or power of the mob is the cartels and even then these groups mainly don't cross the same circles outside of drugs. It may not be the 1950s-70s but these groups have proved resilient.

Just because the mob isn't cracking heads in the streets or extorting shop owners doesn't mean they aren't out there making money. The mob is out there, just in a different form. It's more Wolf of Wall Street than Goodfellas nowadays. The numbers are still there and if you check up on this site news come out about the NY mob about every week in terms of various arrests/indictments.