Mafia recruits

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Re: Mafia recruits

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

And the reason why I know all these things is not just because I’m 100 percent Italian/Sicilian but because I’m related to a few legendary Gangsters but there all Deceased. I speak fluent Sicilian Dialect and both sides of my family come from The Province Of Palermo. It’s a laughing stock seeing all this shit on TV Mob Wives and Books etc Half Of these people are all full of shit
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Nino, gotta say that you’re speaking the truth. In large part today, it’s OVER! No more respect, and most of the guys in the street today do NOT even understand the life. I had posted an old thread about this very issue. The loss of the life, the prolific rats, and the loss of values. See if you can pull it up and read it. It’s one of my older posts. Think you in particular will really enjoy it. Let me know what you think ok
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Maxie the things you hear today it just makes you believe this is total bullshit. There were two mob guys that actually admitted in court about being a captain in the Mafia and publicly stating that they were involved in a racketeering enterprise. It was Ronnie one arm and Johnny Sausages when they got indicted and went to court a few years ago. Atleast Toto Riina when asked at the maxi trial claimed he has no knowledge of the LCN or Mafia and read it in newspapers and heard about it on TV. You would think to yourself they broke a rule and when your made and take the oath you take a vow of silence never to expose the family or divulge the secrets. These guys did right there it tells you that it’s a load of crap and these two men are still alive
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Confederate wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:44 pm
NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:35 pm Exactly that’s why street Gangs are taking over because the Mafia has already been exposed once they make a new recruit the F.B.I. Or the organized crime task force all ready knows before everyone else There’s no secret anymore it’s a big joke. The Mob is a brand today it sells movies, books, TV Shows, merchandise they even have a mob museum. Anyone getting involved in a crime family has a big bullseye on there head not from The Organization but from The F.B.I. And a stoolie that’s wearing a wire
Italian Americans don't need the Mafia. It has outgrown its usefulness. Like you said, it is a BRAND that sells books and movies about what use to be which is practically long gone in 2019.
True. If Italians were in the same place today as they were 80 or years ago they would have more guys robbing and in rackets. One point, the Mafia way of life would to attract them. Even back in the 1960's guys who were Italian and rough and not law abiding became bikers, or got into using drugs or selling them, with no Mafia connections.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:52 pm Maxie the things you hear today it just makes you believe this is total bullshit. There were two mob guys that actually admitted in court about being a captain in the Mafia and publicly stating that they were involved in a racketeering enterprise. It was Ronnie one arm and Johnny Sausages when they got indicted and went to court a few years ago. Atleast Toto Riina when asked at the maxi trial claimed he has no knowledge of the LCN or Mafia and read it in newspapers and heard about it on TV. You would think to yourself they broke a rule and when your made and take the oath you take a vow of silence never to expose the family or divulge the secrets. These guys did right there it tells you that it’s a load of crap and these two men are still alive
Different country's, different ways.
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Yea I would say so Bert European Mentality VS American Mentality but still there involved in the same life it’s rule anywhere you go. Riina was a diehard LCN Loyalist he was a true believer. Others join the Mob to make a quick buck, attract women and enjoy the benefits of being involved in the Mafia. But again with Riina it was a way of life Rich or poor it didn’t matter the guy was a strict leader and all for that life
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

Nino, read my old post ok.
It speaks to all of this being discussed and more
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:40 pm And also in this era of today they’ll recruit anybody. Spanish, Greek, Albanian, Irish, Black it don’t matter cause they are so greedy and disorganized and wanting to keep up the money flow that they don’t look at that anymore. Years ago they checked your background making sure if you were full blooded Italian and wanting to know all your history. It wasn’t easy back then originally it was either you were straight from Sicily or you were American born Sicilian with roots coming from Sicily such as parents or grandparents then they changed it to being strictly just Italian hailing from the North or south. It was Gotti that changed it during the 1980’s where your mother can be any ethnicity and your father had to be Italian as long as you had an Italian Surname. But years back they had a lot of Italian American Street Gangs that they use to recruit from. Today they are probably just focusing on anybody the can make money with and even though the Italian communities changed there still are Italians around its just not like it once was
Well they've always had associates of other ethnicities. But if we're talking recruits in the context of this thread, nobody is getting made that isn't at least partly Italian.
NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:35 pm Exactly that’s why street Gangs are taking over because the Mafia has already been exposed once they make a new recruit the F.B.I. Or the organized crime task force all ready knows before everyone else There’s no secret anymore it’s a big joke. The Mob is a brand today it sells movies, books, TV Shows, merchandise they even have a mob museum. Anyone getting involved in a crime family has a big bullseye on there head not from The Organization but from The F.B.I. And a stoolie that’s wearing a wire
What have street gangs taken over in relation to the mob?
maxiestern11 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:40 pm Nino, gotta say that you’re speaking the truth. In large part today, it’s OVER! No more respect, and most of the guys in the street today do NOT even understand the life. I had posted an old thread about this very issue. The loss of the life, the prolific rats, and the loss of values. See if you can pull it up and read it. It’s one of my older posts. Think you in particular will really enjoy it. Let me know what you think ok
In a lot of places it is over. But not in New York and, to a lesser extent, a few other places. 15 years ago, there were people on these forums saying, "It's over!" Meanwhile, between then and now, we've had a list of mob cases as long as your leg.
NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:52 pm Maxie the things you hear today it just makes you believe this is total bullshit. There were two mob guys that actually admitted in court about being a captain in the Mafia and publicly stating that they were involved in a racketeering enterprise. It was Ronnie one arm and Johnny Sausages when they got indicted and went to court a few years ago. Atleast Toto Riina when asked at the maxi trial claimed he has no knowledge of the LCN or Mafia and read it in newspapers and heard about it on TV. You would think to yourself they broke a rule and when your made and take the oath you take a vow of silence never to expose the family or divulge the secrets. These guys did right there it tells you that it’s a load of crap and these two men are still alive
The entire Genovese family is all about taking pleas, even if includes an allocution. It's strategically the smart thing to do, you can cut your time down drastically, and one reason why the West Side is still in the best shape. Regardless of what Phil Leotardo says.
All roads lead to New York.
maxiestern11
Full Patched

Post by maxiestern11 »

By Finished I mean in he sense of what it was, what it’s supposed to be..... it’s OVA! Never to come back again. Some fucked up mutation of it still will be around for quite awhile I’m sure. But the “right way”? NO MORE! The world changed!
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

There is nothing serious that is going on in New York you can’t compare and contrast the 1980’s to now. People back then were getting killed left and right bodies were all over the streets the Colombo’s were In a bloody war struggle years ago they had the unions etc I mean come on today an indictment pops up here and there but it’s strength is not as powerful as back in the days. There are rarely no socials clubs everybody is either dead in jail or an informant the Italian communities are no longer Highly Italian populated. And yes Street Gangs and cartels are taken over there controlling the drug trade there’s definitely more bloods and crips out there operating in the streets than the LCN
Half of the LCN guys are getting too old and dying left and right. With the street gangs it’s more of a young generation that are hands on in the streets. The mob was once like that but no more
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

I’m not saying the mob doesn’t exist anymore I’m just saying they were at one time the rulers of the underworld back in the old days. Because face it what other organization was as organized like the Italian LCN. Even today all these groups aren’t so organized but there alive and well and they recruit plenty of young people in there Gang. All these Italian American Kids aren’t growing up like the Italian American kids from the old days. These kids are going to college and becoming successful years ago it was different there were Social Clubs and plenty of mob guys on the streets. How can today be the same as then?
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

And yes In the Mob has Made Non Italians in recent years Rizzuto Made a Spanish guy and a French guy. Another guy from Pittsburgh turned rat named porter was Made but he might of be half Italian on his mother’s side anyways he didn’t have an Italian Surname
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:14 pm There is nothing serious that is going on in New York you can’t compare and contrast the 1980’s to now. People back then were getting killed left and right bodies were all over the streets the Colombo’s were In a bloody war struggle years ago they had the unions etc I mean come on today an indictment pops up here and there but it’s strength is not as powerful as back in the days. There are rarely no socials clubs everybody is either dead in jail or an informant the Italian communities are no longer Highly Italian populated. And yes Street Gangs and cartels are taken over there controlling the drug trade there’s definitely more bloods and crips out there operating in the streets than the LCN
Half of the LCN guys are getting too old and dying left and right. With the street gangs it’s more of a young generation that are hands on in the streets. The mob was once like that but no more
I don't think the mob necessarily needs to be dropping bodies left and right to be considered a serious operation. Murder may get more attention because of its drama but money is really what its always been about.

Drugs is the only area that the mob has been marginalized in by other groups. But more so cartels and DTOs, not street gangs that have typically operated on the retail end. But generally speaking, the LCN operates in different circles than these other groups and their rise hasn't had nearly much effect on the mob as many believe.
NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:21 pm I’m not saying the mob doesn’t exist anymore I’m just saying they were at one time the rulers of the underworld back in the old days. Because face it what other organization was as organized like the Italian LCN. Even today all these groups aren’t so organized but there alive and well and they recruit plenty of young people in there Gang. All these Italian American Kids aren’t growing up like the Italian American kids from the old days. These kids are going to college and becoming successful years ago it was different there were Social Clubs and plenty of mob guys on the streets. How can today be the same as then?
True, lots of things have changed. But if you're talking about it "being over" in terms of it no longer being at its peak, it's been that way for decades.
NinoFromNYC2 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:33 pm And yes In the Mob has Made Non Italians in recent years Rizzuto Made a Spanish guy and a French guy. Another guy from Pittsburgh turned rat named porter was Made but he might of be half Italian on his mother’s side anyways he didn’t have an Italian Surname
Rizzuto making Fernandez and Desjardins is debatable since all we have is Fernandez claiming that to be the case. Porter, who was Italian on his mother's side, was an extremely unique case. One of the few exceptions that proves the rule.
All roads lead to New York.
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

Wiseguy do you know any Mafia people or related to any mafia people? Even though The Mob will still be around it’s going to get weaker and weaker. Where is it gonna be in 2050 there are mob guys that have walked away and quit the mob. Count how many mob guys that are dead, in prison and turned rat
NinoFromNYC2
Straightened out

Post by NinoFromNYC2 »

What’s gonna be the future for a new supply of Associates, Soldiers, Captains and Administration Members who’s gonna fill in these positions 50 years from now?