General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo, is that true? both in the Gotti j r doc and the gotti travolta movie it showed him waiving off the priest.

herea a question i stole from bb but pretty good.

did Rastelli ever make Galanti AB?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:37 pm Was the Mafia’s supposed ban on facial hair ever an official rule for all mobsters?

It was never an LCN wide rule or practice. More of a NY thing but even there I don't think it was an actual rule.

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:23 pm Pogo, is that true? both in the Gotti j r doc and the gotti travolta movie it showed him waiving off the priest.

If my memory is correct he was in a coma for at least the last two weeks of his life.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:30 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:37 pm Was the Mafia’s supposed ban on facial hair ever an official rule for all mobsters?

It was never an LCN wide rule or practice. More of a NY thing but even there I don't think it was an actual rule.

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:23 pm Pogo, is that true? both in the Gotti j r doc and the gotti travolta movie it showed him waiving off the priest.

If my memory is correct he was in a coma for at least the last two weeks of his life.

Pogo
what do u remmember for Rastelli giving Galante acting boss spot?
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Anyone have any information on a Thomas Zumma? He's on Snake's list of Bonanno War causalities, being killed on February 6, 1969.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

herea a question i stole from bb but pretty good.

did Rastelli ever make Galanti AB?
Gotti had his lawyers make certain agreements with him, one was no asking for any help, which was not too smart of him. He may have also given a request ahead of time not to have a priest, but that could have also been movie fiction. Gotti was super tough, but not the smartest guy to ever live. Not the dumbest, but not a criminal genius or one in general civilian life either.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

did Lenehan ever admitt he was Picasso??
what happened to the old.claims of him being made in the Genovese Fam??

what do we know about the real Lenehan, im pressuming he didnt flip...?
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

thekiduknow wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:25 pm Anyone have any information on a Thomas Zumma? He's on Snake's list of Bonanno War causalities, being killed on February 6, 1969.
He was a Bonanno associate killed by Joe Messino in a Queens building lobby. Messino said it was hit first murder and he was worried about getting caught because the clip fell out of the gun and he thought his fingerprints might be on it. Rusty Rastelli told Massino that he was looking into who killed Zummo and was going to kill whoever did it.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:53 am
thekiduknow wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:25 pm Anyone have any information on a Thomas Zumma? He's on Snake's list of Bonanno War causalities, being killed on February 6, 1969.
He was a Bonanno associate killed by Joe Messino in a Queens building lobby. Messino said it was hit first murder and he was worried about getting caught because the clip fell out of the gun and he thought his fingerprints might be on it. Rusty Rastelli told Massino that he was looking into who killed Zummo and was going to kill whoever did it.
Was he a Bonanno loyalist? I know Rastelli was a part of the DiGregorio/Sciacca faction, but by 1969 Bonanno was officially out. Did Massino say whether it was a part of the war?
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

thekiduknow wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:09 am
Was he a Bonanno loyalist? I know Rastelli was a part of the DiGregorio/Sciacca faction, but by 1969 Bonanno was officially out. Did Massino say whether it was a part of the war?
I’m pretty sure Zummo was aligned with the DiGregorio faction. That is why Rastelli was upset with the killing.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:42 am
thekiduknow wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:09 am
I’m pretty sure Zummo was aligned with the DiGregorio faction. That is why Rastelli was upset with the killing.
Ah I see now, thanks for clearing that up. That's interesting that that was Massino's first kill, given that he was very close with Rastelli
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Anyone know why the government never pressed charges against Carmine Persico for the murders he ordered behind bars?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Persico was already sentenced to over a hundred years, I think the government viewed prosecuting him again as a waste of time when they knew he was already going to die in prison and that there were other guys they could be focusing on out on the street. If Persico was only doing 10 years or something then I could see the FBI prosecuting him again
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:29 pm Anyone know why the government never pressed charges against Carmine Persico for the murders he ordered behind bars?
Waste of time and money prosecuting somebody who is already serving a life sentence. Especially if that person has access to millions of dollars to fight the charges, and especially if the only evidence they have is the shifty evidence of jailhouse informants.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:42 pm Persico was already sentenced to over a hundred years, I think the government viewed prosecuting him again as a waste of time when they knew he was already going to die in prison and that there were other guys they could be focusing on out on the street. If Persico was only doing 10 years or something then I could see the FBI prosecuting him again
The feds could’ve atleast of moved Carmine to ADX.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:51 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:42 pm Persico was already sentenced to over a hundred years, I think the government viewed prosecuting him again as a waste of time when they knew he was already going to die in prison and that there were other guys they could be focusing on out on the street. If Persico was only doing 10 years or something then I could see the FBI prosecuting him again
The feds could’ve atleast of moved Carmine to ADX.
They definitely could have. That strategy (prosecuting a man already serving a life sentence) was what got Vinny Basciano into ADX too. But I think the tactic of prosecuting a mobster whose already serving life, just to put him into a higher security prison, is unorthodox.

I don't know the full details of Basciano's case, nor I do know the full evidence they had on Persico. But it's my understanding that the further prosecutions of Basciano were based on evidence collected against him by Joe Massino. To not use this evidence to further prosecute Basciano would have rendered most of Massino's work useless. I think that prosecuting Basciano even after he was already serving life was a way to parade Massino around as a snitch, since he was the first New York boss to do so, The Last Don, etc., etc.
Also, I'm going to assume the feds put the squeeze on Basciano to snitch as well. In fact, it's crazy that he didn't.

For Persico, on the other hand, they would have to start a new case, a new investigation, from scratch, and I just don't think they could have gotten the money to do so. And besides, there were no tapes against him like there was with Basciano, so who knows.

Does anyone know any other cases of mobsters serving life, only to be prosecuted with further charges?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com