General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Lupara »

thekiduknow wrote:I always thought it was interesting how both Gotti and Massino ended up. Very different styles of bosses, yet Massino flipped while Gotti didn't. I don't think Gotti ever faced the death penalty, but I still think it's interesting.
I think Gotti's pride and ego was so inflated he would take the death penalty.
bingo
Honorary Member

Post by bingo »

Lupara wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:12 pm
thekiduknow wrote:I always thought it was interesting how both Gotti and Massino ended up. Very different styles of bosses, yet Massino flipped while Gotti didn't. I don't think Gotti ever faced the death penalty, but I still think it's interesting.
Lupara, he probably would have wanted to pull his own switch.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Lupara »

bingo wrote:
I really think he'd take the death penalty "like a man" instead of offing himself which would be considered weak.
bingo
Honorary Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by bingo »

Lupara wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:42 pm
bingo wrote:
I really think he'd take the death penalty "like a man" instead of offing himself which would be considered weak.
I get you point Lupara. What I meant wasn't so much as to imply suicide but to imply absolute control (power) until the very end. Nobody kills me. I decide who and when. Hence "pull his own switch." More of a control freak move as a display of power, not display or act of despair.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Lupara »

bingo wrote:
bingo wrote:
I get you point Lupara. What I meant wasn't so much as to imply suicide but to imply absolute control (power) until the very end. Nobody kills me. I decide who and when. Hence "pull his own switch." More of a control freak move as a display of power, not display or act of despair.
Fair point, but we'll never know because cancer got to him first.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I can actually see him on the lethal injection table saying "Cosa Nostra till I die"
bingo
Honorary Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by bingo »

Lupara wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:15 pm
bingo wrote:
bingo wrote:
Fair point, but we'll never know because cancer got to him first.
You're a real calculator. You're a real riot! Bang zoom!
valinho
Prospect

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by valinho »

Hello everyone, thanks for much to the admin who validated my registration, this forum is really interesting, a real gold mine.
sorry but English is not my mother tongue, I hope it will not be too illegible.

I had a particular question, It has always intrigued me, I did not dare to create a subject for that,
this concerns the internal murders of each family,
In the Donnie Brasco movie, Lefty says "Give to you, you go out alive, you come out dead, and it's your best friend that does it."
When someone had to leave, was the contract given in priority to a member close to him? (associate or made)

This has happened many times, the example that shocked me the most is paul gulino, whacked by two chilhood friends,
tony mirra with his cousins, demeo with testa / senter, the friend of gravano milito even if he did not press the trigger he was present,
in the soprano, Bobby Baccalieri Sr kills Mustang Sally, ok it's fiction, and many others

I know there are no "friends" in the mafia but
has it ever happened that a member refuses to abandon his friend despite the risk of being sentenced himself ?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

valinho wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:46 am Hello everyone, thanks for much to the admin who validated my registration, this forum is really interesting, a real gold mine.

I had a particular question, It has always intrigued me, I did not dare to create a subject for that,
In the Donnie Brasco movie, Lefty says "Give to you, you go out alive, you come out dead, and it's your best friend that does it."
When someone had to leave, was the contract given in priority to a member close to him? (associate or made)

This has happened many times, the example that shocked me the most is paul gulino, whacked by two chilhood friends,
tony mirra with his cousins, demeo with testa / senter, the friend of gravano milito even if he did not press the trigger he was present,
in the soprano, Bobby Baccalieri Sr kills Mustang Sally, ok it's fiction, and many others

has it ever happened that a member refuses to abandon his friend despite the risk of being sentenced himself ?
Colombo soldier Joseph 'Joe Campy' Campanella comes to mind. Campanella was the bodyguard of William 'Wild Bill' Cutolo, the family's underboss in 1999. That year, acting boss Alphonse 'Little Allie Boy' Persico ordered Cutolo's murder. Vincent 'Chickie' DeMartino, another close confidante of Cutolo & Campanella, committed the hit, and because of his refusal to along with it, Campanella himself was marked for death afterward, and survived an assassination attempt in July 2001.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

valinho wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:46 am Hello everyone, thanks for much to the admin who validated my registration, this forum is really interesting, a real gold mine.

Gotti would not give up his friend Angelo Ruggerio, leading to the Paul Castelano killing. I have to think there have been others over the years.
nowandlater
On Record

Post by nowandlater »

thekiduknow wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:34 pm
I can actually see him on the lethal injection table saying "Cosa Nostra till I die"
That's a ggod one Kid. :)
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Guys where can I find info about the creation and origins of the fife families? Can't remmember what tread
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

thekiduknow wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:34 pm
i thought it was pretty ballsy to wave off the priest and last rites before he died.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Gotti was in a coma the last few weeks of his life.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Was the Mafia’s supposed ban on facial hair ever an official rule for all mobsters?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.