Son of mob boss Vincent Gigante enters surprise guilty plea

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Manhattan_
Straightened out

Re: Son of mob boss Vincent Gigante enters surprise guilty plea

Post by Manhattan_ »

What about the co defendants ? Steve Arena , Vincent D'Acunto ? Also the list of that was found at his townhouse of Genovese family members ? Has that list been made public ?
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Philly d wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:54 pm So he has to pay the fine AND forfeit the $3m?
Of course he has to forfeit the 3 million. You think they will let him keep that after admitting guilt to criminal conduct?
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

DPG wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:49 pm Was he working on this deal all this time? There is no telling how much money this guy has. I mean they take $3mil from him and he can still afford to pay what $25k a month for the guards? How does the IRS not own him right now?
In gangland this week Capeci says this deal does not stop him from being charged with tax evasion. That Could be an interesting wrinkle.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:47 pm
DPG wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:49 pm Was he working on this deal all this time? There is no telling how much money this guy has. I mean they take $3mil from him and he can still afford to pay what $25k a month for the guards? How does the IRS not own him right now?
Because he has millions in legit property in New York.
Thanks for clearing that up
jmack wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:37 am [quote=DPG post_id=106428 time=<a href="tel:1554943742">1554943742</a> user_id=4371]
Was he working on this deal all this time? There is no telling how much money this guy has. I mean they take $3mil from him and he can still afford to pay what $25k a month for the guards? How does the IRS not own him right now?
In gangland this week Capeci says this deal does not stop him from being charged with tax evasion. That Could be an interesting wrinkle.
[/quote]

Im sure he’s being audited
I get it....first rule of fight club.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

People have mocked this as a small time racket--but not if you have 15 locals doing it. Diversification
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Hailbritain wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:35 pm And this is why the Genovese family have had the fewest informants . They’ve mastered the art of the plea deal
Right! I’d be surprised if he would’ve taken it to trial. A plea? Not surprising.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

UTC wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:25 pm People have mocked this as a small time racket--but not if you have 15 locals doing it. Diversification
Part of the article reads Esposito confessed to making millions of dollars with fellow Genovese associates in the old-school Mafia scheme that operated between 2001-17.

The annual 10-12k annual payments were apparently just one way money was coming out of the union. According to the indictment, there was also a little over $1 million in kickbacks.

What's strange about the whole thing is Fyfe. He's a relative who obviously has his $300,000 a year union job because of his connections. Yet he's balking at paying the 10-12k a year? They, including Fyfe, were all involved in the scams together so why is Esposito even having to "extort" Fyfe?
All roads lead to New York.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

jmack wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:37 am
He is paying $3.8 fine and forfeiting $3m plus legal costs...so this is gonna cost him $8mm. Ooh madone!

Wonder if he took a new loan out on the townhouse. Pretty crazy there is a wiseguy who grew up in a $15m+ townhouse in the UES. I mean how tough can he be?
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Pretty crazy VE indirectly threatened his nephew.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Does anyone know if Andrew Gigante is still involved?
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:43 pm
UTC wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:25 pm People have mocked this as a small time racket--but not if you have 15 locals doing it. Diversification
Part of the article reads Esposito confessed to making millions of dollars with fellow Genovese associates in the old-school Mafia scheme that operated between 2001-17.

The annual 10-12k annual payments were apparently just one way money was coming out of the union. According to the indictment, there was also a little over $1 million in kickbacks.

What's strange about the whole thing is Fyfe. He's a relative who obviously has his $300,000 a year union job because of his connections. Yet he's balking at paying the 10-12k a year? They, including Fyfe, were all involved in the scams together so why is Esposito even having to "extort" Fyfe?
Yes, it doesn't make sense, unless they were no longer totally in league as time went on.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

UTC wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Yes, it doesn't make sense, unless they were no longer totally in league as time went on.
Which, in turn, makes you wonder if Fyfe thought he wouldn't really be hurt because of the family connection. He certainly flipped pretty easily when the feds started looking into the union.
All roads lead to New York.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

I thought the same thing back when it first happened, 10 to 12K was part of the
understood business arrangement. Standard operating procedure. Must be another angle
we are not seeing or reading about.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

stubbs wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:37 pm
Hailbritain wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:35 pm And this is why the Genovese family have had the fewest informants . They’ve mastered the art of the plea deal
Right! I’d be surprised if he would’ve taken it to trial. A plea? Not surprising.
its very surprising. i know a couple people very close to the case (take that as you will, i know second hand type info and conjecture on here is taken with grains of salt for good reason) and up until a few days ago the plan was to take it to trial. hes never been convicted of a crime, felt the case was bullshit, and was planning on going to trial. he had his lawyers prepping for a real trial up until now.

its surprising to think of a genovese member going to trial, but this was different. he was approaching it from the position of not being a genovese member at all.

also its rumored that those around-the-clock guards he had to pay out the ass for stopped showing up for duty yet he still was footing the bill. they really wanted to bleed this guy
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Manhattan_ wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:13 am What about the co defendants ? Steve Arena , Vincent D'Acunto ? Also the list of that was found at his townhouse of Genovese family members ? Has that list been made public ?
curious about the members list. was it an actual member list and/or induction list? something to keep tabs on their member numbers and stuff like that? or was it just an address book containing names and numbers of members (among other people)? i know they essentially ransacked his house so im guessing they took address books, etc... it would be crazy if he had a typed masterlist of every living member though. i think dom cirillo was caught with a little list himself at one point.

you got inductions every year and 150-200 guys to remember and keep track of. gotta keep that info somewhere i guess. next time they should integrate it into the cloud :mrgreen: