Son of mob boss Vincent Gigante enters surprise guilty plea

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Son of mob boss Vincent Gigante enters surprise guilty plea

Post by Cheech »

Wow
Guy Fatato said on a tape-recording that Franzese's vig on a $30,000 debt was "like social security" for him. - GohnJotti
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Smart plea. 30 months is the cost of doing business.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Interesting decision. It seemed like Esposito was 100% goin to trial after all the money he spent on bail. Wouldn’t be surprised if the higher ups forced him to plead guilty. The trial would’ve gotten a lot of attention and the westside wouldn’t like that.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

I agree about the 30 months and i think from what i read thats the Most prosecution agreed to seek so maybe he gets a little less who knows but to lose almost 4 million that hurts i dont care who you are . You would have to think theres similar size stashes in other locations connected to the gigantes or if it was really a fund for the westside like the feds said who knows but to get caught with that kind of cash on hand laying around sucks wether it was his blood family money or a genovese stash he is still responsible for the loss and thats gotta hurt him. I know alot of guys gotta look at that and talk shit like he shouldnt of had all that laying around like they said he did but you never know what you would do with that type of cash until you have it its easy for guys to "say" they would have had it stashed better or at different location if it really was Westside money like they say and not gigante families stash then theres definetely some people that arent too happy to say the least but who knows ...all im just saying is giving that type of cash up to the fucking government would kill some people , thats a hit ...this guys whole case is INSANE money wise between Espositos defense team, the house arrest with the fucking guards whatever bail had to be secured for his release and/or property that had to be put up , and last but not least ALL THAT CASH that was siezed and lets be honest if it was found in different locations scattered as they said i wouldnt be suprised if some of our UPSTANDING HONEST FEDERAL AGENTS didnt take a little taste for themselves not all surely but dont think some of these feds arent taking a little for themselves they risk there lives and there human like we all are so temptation is always there but Espositos total cost after everything is a number id be interested to hear?Any guesses?
bosslt
Associate

Post by bosslt »

Good deal.
Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Post by Niagarafalls »

Still no mention of his rank. Doesn’t seem like he has to admit membership either.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:56 pm Wouldn’t be surprised if the higher ups forced him to plead guilty. The trial would’ve gotten a lot of attention and the westside wouldn’t like that.
Good call, this sounds really likely to me.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Niagarafalls wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:10 pm Still no mention of his rank. Doesn’t seem like he has to admit membership either.
That right there is a brilliant plea, because it makes it harder for prosecutors if they go after him down the line.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

jmack wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:53 pm Smart plea. 30 months is the cost of doing business.
That is all he is facing? Damn
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:56 pm Interesting decision. It seemed like Esposito was 100% goin to trial after all the money he spent on bail. Wouldn’t be surprised if the higher ups forced him to plead guilty. The trial would’ve gotten a lot of attention and the westside wouldn’t like that.
I think you may be right.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Was he working on this deal all this time? There is no telling how much money this guy has. I mean they take $3mil from him and he can still afford to pay what $25k a month for the guards? How does the IRS not own him right now?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

DPG wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:49 pm Was he working on this deal all this time? There is no telling how much money this guy has. I mean they take $3mil from him and he can still afford to pay what $25k a month for the guards? How does the IRS not own him right now?
Because he has millions in legit property in New York.
All roads lead to New York.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

And this is why the Genovese family have had the fewest informants . They’ve mastered the art of the plea deal
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

So he has to pay the fine AND forfeit the $3m?