Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Strax
Straightened out

Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Strax »

Lupara wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 am All the mobsters in New York are known to the police as well as those who are associated with Cali, so why shy away from such a funeral?

Could this be a sign that he had fallen out of favor?
There are a whole bunch of young guys that we don't know about for sure. I think they just don't want to expose themselves at all,if any of them showed up, news articles would be like "New Mafia boss on Cali's funeral" and so on,too much attention. Some of his family members are made, i am sure some of them will be new "ambassador" for Sicilian mafia.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by johnny_scootch »

Lupara wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:13 am
Could this be a sign that he had fallen out of favor?
It definitely surprised me, I would have bet the place would have been mobbed. An Underboss in good standing who was murdered senselessly it's pretty much the norm for absolutely everyone to show up. Either he wasn't in good standing as was said or his wife wanted everyone to stay away and the word was sent out to not show up.

These guys entire lives are under surveillance so knowing cops will be there taking photos might keep a few super cautious guys away but majority would have showed up to pay respect to Cali and to the Gambino family itself.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by gohnjotti »

Carmine Persico had a small ceremony as well. All the press, all the media, all the reporters, I’m guessing both families just wanted to mourn in peace.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

johnny_scootch wrote:
These guys entire lives are under surveillance so knowing cops will be there taking photos might keep a few super cautious guys away but majority would have showed up to pay respect to Cali and to the Gambino family itself.
Yeah, what difference would ik make? The feds know most by face and whether they are active. They are following up on them despite showing up at a funeral or not.

But a better reason would be to avoid the press and have your face on the internet and newspapers when there's already a lot of publicity.

I figure they deliberately held a restricted funeral and not draw more heat by making a big spectacle out of it.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Man, 131 pages O.O, the last thing I saw was that they arrested a suspect, could someone tell me a quick summary of the situation? or if there was something new?
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Seems he was on the cops' radar but they let him go:

https://nypost.com/2019/03/19/erratic-b ... ops-radar/

Wonder if the family can sue.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

willychichi wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:06 am Slain mob boss Frank Cali laid to rest — as authorities look on

https://nypost.com/2019/03/19/slain-mob ... s-look-on/
Personally I find it could be telling there was no one at his funeral.

Bronx and felice what are your thoughts on the funeral?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Hmm strange due the fact his wife blood family has about 20-30 close relatives.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Any retaliation would be completely irrational if it was a random act by a nut, unless it's suspected that he knows something he shouldn't through the daughter.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

Cali associates came in with a suitcase and paid $45,000 in cash for burial spot

https://nypost.com/2019/03/19/mafia-all ... rial-spot/
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

45k? Damn
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

I’m with felice, I think they’ll hit the family.

Haven’t the Inzerillos already lost face in the past by fleeing Sicily? Doubt they’ll want to lose face again. If you can’t understand that, you don’t understand how these people’s minds work. If it were me, I’d want to hit the dad too, to get at the kid.

Inzerillo’s have had their teenage kids killed in the past, they’re always going to be mentally at war with outsiders.

Separate note - you had Salvatore Inzerillo and his two sons Guiseppe and Giovanni? Guiseppe was killed as a teenager and Giovanni lives in Sicily again? How are they related to the other Inzerillos? Cousins?
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Today I spoke with a guy in the know and he told me the same, he is sure they will hit someone close to Comello and that they will destroy his family life.

Anyway he confirmed me that Lorenzo Mannino was higher in authority than Calì because Mannino did 15 years in jail, that is the most important value on the streets.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Did he have any insight as to the small attendance at his funeral?