Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by scagghiuni »

Uncle Pete wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:06 pm He looks more like a kid who would commit a school shooting than a mob hit
he was just a fool, in the states there are several people with guns etc., just a coincidence, lol whe thought people from canada, italy or mexico, we see too many godfather movies
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

If this kid is smart he should say he was hired regardless if its true or not, better to be in prison as a hitman who whacked a mafia boss than just some lunatic
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

If it wasn't mob related and he somehow didn't know who Cali was then holy fuck that would be insane, imagine watching the news and finding out the random dude you killed was one of the top mobsters in NY.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

he's a fool, he was not hired, look at his face, he's not a criminal
santos
Straightened out

Post by santos »

scagghiuni wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:16 pm he's a fool, he was not hired, look at his face, he's not a criminal
Sorry, I dont really buy that theory 'make it look like a fool did it' perhaps?..Maybe they already knew how the outcome would look and someone influenced the kid into it.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

santos wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:19 pm
scagghiuni wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:16 pm he's a fool, he was not hired, look at his face, he's not a criminal
Sorry, I dont really buy that theory 'make it look like a fool did it' perhaps?..Maybe they already knew how the outcome would look and someone influenced the kid into it.
Very farfetched IMO. Way too much of a risk that he'd give up the plot the moment he was caught. Best case scenario for them would be him getting away with it but then i'm positive they'd have told him to wear gloves at least. It definitely could be a random nut, hell some of the nutcases that have been through GBB over the years felt like they'd end up doing something like this lol.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

cdc wrote:Some of these theories don’t make sense. The theory that it was a dispute over a woman. So assuming he was warned away from dating a family member or it was over a woman then why did Cali shake his hand after he had hit his car. If he knew the guy and had warned him away and then came out to see this guy had hit his car he wouldn’t be shaking hands with this guy.
Like I said this all smells fishy. The media machine is going rampant.
Costigan
Straightened out

Post by Costigan »

This news today is the damndest shit I have ever heard of in my life. A nut job did this?
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/16/nyre ... lling.html
Sometime in recent years, his strange behavior in a federal courthouse was such that the United States Marshals Service briefly took him into custody and asked the New York Police Department’s Intelligence Division to check its records to determine if he had any history of terroristic threats. Neither of the officials had any details about the specific nature of his behavior, but both said no such history could be found.

Several officials said preliminary information suggested that the killing of the reputed boss, Francesco Cali, who was shot outside his home on Staten Island on Wednesday night, was not related to organized crime. However, one official cautioned that the inquiry was still in its early stages.
This is sounding like a nutjob more and more, although it does say its in the early stages and they don't know the motive yet.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

If this guy was just some nut job u realize there’s a good chance we interacted with him on one of these forums?
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

baldo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:30 pm If this guy was just some nut job u realize there’s a good chance we interacted with him on one of these forums?
Good point and probably so. Maybe he even checked in to see the theories we were putting out too?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Next time when you talk about your favorite wiseguy on the internet keep in mind you're putting his life on the line.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

baldo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:30 pm If this guy was just some nut job u realize there’s a good chance we interacted with him on one of these forums?
Furio?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

TheArm did it for Buffalo.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank Cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

scagghiuni wrote:
Uncle Pete wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:06 pm He looks more like a kid who would commit a school shooting than a mob hit
he was just a fool, in the states there are several people with guns etc., just a coincidence, lol whe thought people from canada, italy or mexico, we see too many godfather movies
Because that could very well have been the case.

Nevertheless, if it was indeed a lone nutjob the Gambinos are still in a vulnerable spot. If they don't kill this guy to make a statement other nutjobs might be inspired by this. I'm sure from now on all the higher-ups will look over their shoulders, knowing that they can be killed by any random fool.

I wouldn't be suprised if the boy's family will receive threats.

Last edited by Lupara on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.