Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hailbritain
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Hailbritain »

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:51 pm
Lupara wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:42 pm
Snakes wrote:
JohnnyS wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:18 pm The way the guy in the press conference described it was like Cali was having a conversation with the individual like they knew each other. If it was just some random dude who smashed into his vehicle wouldn't they have described it more as a confrontation? And a random guy carrying a 9mm in that neighbourhood?
It's strange that a guy that knew him would set him up by hitting his vehicle, though. Have they actually specified whether or not the truck hit his car before or after the shooting? "Before" is the impression I've gotten so far.

Also, it seems strange that someone who intended on killing him would hold a conversation with him before deciding to kill him. That wouldn't seem as strange in a club or some other private facility but right out in the open, in front of his house no less? Seems like professional hitters would done it a little more quickly.
This is a method done quite often by mob hitmen. Stricking up a conversation so the victim is off-guard and perhaps also to draw as little attention as possible to the suroundings.
But in front of his own house? With dozens of potential witnesses around? Again, in a club or some other private location, sure, but not some place where any number of people could eyeball the killer. I'm not dismissing it as an LCN/professional hit, only the notion that the chain of events in this situation is normal when compared to other LCN/professional hits.
Yeah seems strange to me also , why make a huge commotion , if Cali heard it then surely his neighbors will have aswel , they could have come out there houses aswel
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

I think this is going to be the longest thread in the history of this forum if not all the forums. Our previous record holder was the Violi named underboss of Buffalo thread.

Everyone is coming out of the woodwork to participate. [emoji16]
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

So nobody who lives in that neighborhood drinks and drives? All kidding aside, the road rage thing is only a theory and one that I put even less stock in now that we know the multitude of shots fired.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Lupara wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 pm I think this is going to be the longest thread in the history of this forum if not all the forums. Our previous record holder was the Violi named underboss of Buffalo thread.

We are average about 13.5 less flames and arguments than that thread, though!
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Surely if they planned it they would have known there's video surveillance in the area. It seems too much of a risk for a sanctioned hit. Maybe the personal angle is more appropriate with the details law enforcement made known to the public.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Snakes wrote:
Lupara wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 pm I think this is going to be the longest thread in the history of this forum if not all the forums. Our previous record holder was the Violi named underboss of Buffalo thread.

We are average about 13.5 less flames and arguments than that thread, though!
That's because the FBI considers this event a fact, so we're all good here. [emoji38]

Anyway, perhaps this is retaliation coming from Hamilton.

Last edited by Lupara on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Know which Game to Play
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

If he's impossible to get a hold of then they would have no choice but to do it at his house. There are cameras everywhere these days pretty much so that really narrows down where they can do it. Also, keep in mind, not all mob hitters are highly skilled assassins like Statham in the Mechanic.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

The Greek wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:43 pm Guessing with technology today and the number of informants this will be solved within a year.
A year? If it is like I think they will already know the guy's name in some days
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

baldo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:02 pm If he's impossible to get a hold of then they would have no choice but to do it at his house. There are cameras everywhere these days pretty much so that really narrows down where they can do it. Also, keep in mind, not all mob hitters are highly skilled assassins like Statham in the Mechanic.
Joker poker is a deadly game as of late
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Eyeing Gene as expected.

https://trib.al/c8Vm4HS
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Sorry for the double post. The family did not cooperate with LE to view security system videos so they had to get a warrant.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Etna wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:08 pm Sorry for the double post. The family did not cooperate with LE to view security system videos so they had to get a warrant.
Yeah, I found that interesting too. The article also mentioned that the truck could have been dropped off at a junkyard for demolition. If this was an inside job, I'm sure the Gambinos have contacts in that world to utilize.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

From what I'm hearing he knew the guy who was outside talking to him for about 20-30 minutes and then about 12 shots were fired he was hit by 6 when the guy was trying to leave he ran into the truck in a panic and took off... the whole incident was recorded on home surveillance video
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'