Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

JohnnyS wrote:My gut feeling on this is it's internal conflict too. They could be sending a message to Cefalu and Mannino to step aside by killing the younger Cali. Gene Gotti just got out and Nick Corozzo is free next year... could be the Gotti era guys making a play, maybe they're sick of the current Sicilian regime?
My gut instinct is that this killing is too brutal to be internal. This sort of killing is unusual for the Five Families, especially a high profile one like this, killing him and driving him over in front of his wife and kids. They way it is done suggests revenge for something to me. Even though it has the hallmark of a Montreal mob revenge murder I would be very suprised if it came from the old Rizzuto group in Canada. That will be the final nail in the coffin for them.
John W
Straightened out

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by John W »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:44 am If another wise guy gets clipped within the next month we might get some better insight.
I was thinking the same thing, if this is an isolated incident and no one gets arrested it will be very hard to get a clear motive behind it, if someone else gets clipped soon it might make it easier for us to surmise what's going on.
SconsinJohnson
Associate

Post by SconsinJohnson »

"Investigators believe Cali, 53, was inside his Todt Hill house with his family Wednesday night when the person or people responsible rammed the mob boss’ vehicle with a blue pickup truck, prompting him to come outside, sources said." - NY POST

I don't see how this well planned assassination could have been facilitated so quickly in regards to the cocaine bust. I don't believe this to be reactionary to anything that happened recently.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Snakes wrote:Gene being involved also doesn't make sense to me. If it is over drugs then bringing in a guy who just got done doing 30 years and has a lightning rod for a last name would be the absolute last thing I'd want. It wouldn't surprise me if Gene was on the shelf but there have been crazier things in this world, so who knows.
Agreed, based on this logic it doesn't make any sense. This isn't 1985. He'd be back in jail in no time if this came from him. He just did 30 years and is of old age, he'd be a complete idiot to do this, but then again he's a Gotti...
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

So you think a lot of top guys go back to having driver/bodyguards? Don't know if that's been too common for a while.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 am
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 am I believe back in 2015 Frank Cali was supposed to have taken over for a recently stepped down Cefalu or was it Cefalu stepped down for the golden boy Frank Cali. Then it came out that it wasn't correct and Cefalu still had the title. I haven't followed it until now, where I'm seeing him floated as boss.

I'm just as confused.
I think the problem all the media picked up on the first Gangland article claiming Cali was in charge but didn't pay attention to the next article saying Cefalu was still in control. Capeci hasn't said anything else (maybe next week's article will differ) on the hierarchy after that. He had Cefalu as acting boss and Cali as underboss
It actually happened twice in 2013 and 2015 that Capeci wrote that Cali had taken over as acting boss. Both times he found a more reliable source to refute those claims.
Kash
Straightened out

Post by Kash »

Snakes wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:31 am Make sure you head on over to the BB and vote in Furio's poll on who had Cali killed!
Is Jersey an option?
"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

NYPD news Conference scheduled for 3pm: http://www.fox5ny.com/
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
glen40
Associate

Post by glen40 »

Post reporting the blue truck smashed into his Escalade to lure him outside. The picture in article shows bloody hand prints all over drivers side of his Escalade.
glen40
Associate

Post by glen40 »

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Lupara »

Chopper wrote:
Lupara wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:08 am
Ivan wrote:Holy motherfucking christ. I'm at a loss for words.

"Todt Hill", where Cali was killed, means "Death Hill" in Dutch, incidentally.
Not really. Thot isn't a Dutch word, unless it's a really old spelling. Death in Dutch is dood.
Het is een verbastering van oud Nederlands Lupara :).
Net als Breukelen naar Brooklyn. Ik kan wel zien hoe 'Dood Heuvel' 'Todt Hill' wordt.

Euro trash in the house!
Ja dat dacht ik al, maar het sowieso geen bestaand Nederlands woord meer, dus mijn correctie blijft overeind. [emoji4]

This news is going around the world. Top news outlets here in the Nerherlands are reporting it as well. I wouldn't be suprised if it's on the 8 'o clock news this evening.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

To be honest i don't think this will be solved soon, whoever did it is highly ranked in organized crime,surrounded by trusted people.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Surprised how much coverge this is gettting.

CNN (I know) is quoting LE as having him as Acting Boss.
A law enforcement official confirmed to CNN that the victim was a high-ranking member of the Gambino organized crime family and is believed to be the acting boss.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/14/us/gambi ... index.html
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

In Serbia they talk about it on the news too.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Like others I've had friends who don't give a shit about the mob asking him about this lol. It's huge news, every news channel has been reporting it today.