Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

eboli
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by eboli »

Yeah, some a few years ago there was a report Cali was the new boss, but it later turned out he either turned it down or the whole thing was made up. I think the last confirmed info we know about is what we have in the charts section. Pete Gotti - boss; Dom Cefalu - acting boss and Cali directly under him. There were also rumors he was demoted shortly after John G.'s death in late 2017 and even shelved.
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

If the Zips are in charge of the family, I would imagine this had to be sanctioned by them unless the killers are ready for an all out war. Don't think it would be Albanians unless they have set up their own drug pipelines and want to cut LCN out. Considering they are whacking guys over joker poker machines doesn't seem likely. Could be completely wrong, however, when it comes to this stuff. Definitely the biggest hit since Big Paul. Cali is the last guy I ever thought would be hit.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 am I believe back in 2015 Frank Cali was supposed to have taken over for a recently stepped down Cefalu or was it Cefalu stepped down for the golden boy Frank Cali. Then it came out that it wasn't correct and Cefalu still had the title. I haven't followed it until now, where I'm seeing him floated as boss.

I'm just as confused.
I think the problem all the media picked up on the first Gangland article claiming Cali was in charge but didn't pay attention to the next article saying Cefalu was still in control. Capeci hasn't said anything else (maybe next week's article will differ) on the hierarchy after that. He had Cefalu as acting boss and Cali as underboss
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

If the killer(s) were smart, they'd have stolen plates, a stolen truck, or both.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

moneyman wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 am That can't be a pic of him, the nose seems too large.. unless he had some sort of infection or something like that
It's definitely Frank Cali.

https://twitter.com/MicheleBellNY/statu ... 3213171712
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 am
moneyman wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 am That can't be a pic of him, the nose seems too large.. unless he had some sort of infection or something like that
It's definitely Frank Cali.

https://twitter.com/MicheleBellNY/statu ... 3213171712
Thanks for the link, my bad.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 am
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 am I believe back in 2015 Frank Cali was supposed to have taken over for a recently stepped down Cefalu or was it Cefalu stepped down for the golden boy Frank Cali. Then it came out that it wasn't correct and Cefalu still had the title. I haven't followed it until now, where I'm seeing him floated as boss.

I'm just as confused.
I think the problem all the media picked up on the first Gangland article claiming Cali was in charge but didn't pay attention to the next article saying Cefalu was still in control. Capeci hasn't said anything else (maybe next week's article will differ) on the hierarchy after that. He had Cefalu as acting boss and Cali as underboss
But don't law enforcement believe Cali is the boss? I'm sure I read that somewhere. Either way there's been too many conflicting reports on the Gambinos and that was a good thing for them but with Cali being hit the Feds are going to put a squeeze on them. I suspect we'll start getting more info in the next few weeks/months.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Last 100% reliable info I had on him reported him as consigliere, Mannino is the underboss
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

felice wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 am Last 100% reliable info I had on him reported him as consigliere, Mannino is the underboss
Cefalu as boss?
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:50 am Beef with Canadians/ Italian over cocaine and the ports? Could be Cali had something to do with the coke being seized? Other families bosses gave approval (especially since old school guys like persico are gone), and they whacked him.
Heard a rumor a week ago to watch for an East Coast war over drug trafficking... There are groups that feel left out from the big $$$... May turn out to have no connection to this, but makes me wonder.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

felice wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:05 am Last 100% reliable info I had on him reported him as consigliere, Mannino is the underboss
Thanks, felice. Always appreciate your input.
crazyjoegallo
Straightened out

Post by crazyjoegallo »

And if the Cali hit was like the Joe Colombo shooting ie someone hired street thugs for whack Cali and now this guys are dead,so with no witnesses the police won't arrest the right people?
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

willychichi wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:55 am Gene Gotti a Captain and suggesting that he was involved in Cali's murder?

https://www.amny.com/news/gambino-crime ... 1.28498032
Personally, I think this is Gene and Lorenzo Mannino along with everything else, The Canadian situation, The Sicilians and Calabrians and everything coming full circle . Gene went away for trafficking and right now it is the biggest and perfect atmosphere for Gene to step back into...The Heroin epidemic ! I think maybe Gene wanted a bigger role and position in the hierarchy and they werent budging and keeping him out. I think its a universal deal all around for everyone and Cali and a few others were standing in the way . Gene was a major trafficker and had huge, strong connections to the Sicilians, For a powerful and hungry guy like Gene who went in in the 80's when bodies were dropping on the regular , To him its still the 80's..His mindset hasnt changed, And back then thats how everything was handled, By killing your rivals, Those who stood in the way, Combine the fact he watched his family, Brothers etc all hold the highest positions of power, He's taking what he thinks is rightfully his . I think Lorenzo and Gene become new boss and UB or Vice versa with the full help of the Calabrians and Sicilians, I think everyone was involved in this all the way around over rackets to open up new markets, Partnerships, Drug routes, Smuggling, Trafficking
Chopper
Straightened out

Post by Chopper »

handy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:23 am
MoLarryCurly wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:25 pm Two days after a 70 million dollar seizure.

If it was over this - its a very very fast response. Which makes me doubt it.
Also, '70 million' means 70 million street value according to the government. The real cost for the suppliers is probably around 3 or 4 million. It's all guessing work at this point, but Cali didnt get killed over that.
"Do you think Ralph is a little weird about women?"

"I don't know Ton'… I mean, he beat one to death"