Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

eboli
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by eboli »

santos wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:46 am I imagine whoever did this is currently on some plane over the atlantic right now going back home.

Similar to this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRTCbP870AQ
Then getting run over by a car like Phil Leotardo. I guess sometimes life imitates art.
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

Surely lots of valid speculation on Canada/Italy, especially as it relates to Cali's historic connections to the drug trade, and the recent $77M coke seizure at Port of Newark. Then there's the internal power play (Gene, Gurino, hell, anyone from Queens faction). I guess it could be a personal beef, but if that's the case, there should be an arrest within 24 hours. There's cameras all over that area of SI. Not to mention you can't get off the Island anymore without your license plates scanned or an easy pass (both easy to track). If it's a professional job, they either had stolen plates that allowed the bridge cameras to only ID the driver based on face (wear a hat). The other option is you have a switch car, drive it to an area near the ferry, and get on the ferry and try to blend in before getting on the subway on the other side in Manhattan. What I'm guessing is that if it's professional, an arrest will take longer. Another connection I haven't seen floated here is Frank Camuso. Staten Island guy, linked to Porky and the Bonannos (who were acquitted on the same day), and is being eyed in a series of big-money schemes for the Gambinos. He's named as
unnamed "Gambino Capo-1" in an arrest complaint against Joseph Prezioso for the fuel tank dumping operation. With the flurry of court activity related to Camuso and Porky, maybe somebody learned something unsavory about Cali. Of course, Camuso and Cali could have worked hand-in-hand and had no beef at all. I'm just mentioning the name because he's the other top Gambino earner on SI.
My guess is it has international connections. Historically, LCN does not do this in front of a home. And how do you take over the reigns with this much heat? If it's zips who board a plane 2 hours later, you get away.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Holy shit!!
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Holy Fuck. Is this happening?? Jesus Christ this is huge news
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Maybe we will now find out if he was the boss or the underboss
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

This just happened because of John Gambino death last year otherwise it would have been impossible.

Let's see if it a Lorenzo Mannino's decision.

Fucking huge news
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

I'm honestly shocked over this. The biggest mob hit since Castellano surely? Hitting a boss right outside his house in front of his wife.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

I feel horrible for frank’s family who saw the whole event. They did nothing to deserve this. Those kids r messed up for life.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

Holy fucking shit , just like Wiseguy said at the first page ,i thought this was early April fools joke.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Wow, just saw this on Twitter, too late for todays Gangland though, bastard! This could ruin the family. A lot of heat coming the Gambino's way, something the haven't had in a while
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Just noticed this is the first time in 10 years la Cosa Nostra has whacked a made guy. Last time was Bonanno soldier Anthony Seccafico in July 09.
crazyjoegallo
Straightened out

Post by crazyjoegallo »

Hey guys I'm new on the forum. Anyway Im italian and live in Rome.
I read in a Repubblica newspaper article that Frank Cali was killed because was married with Rosalie Inzerillo and that wanted to regive the power that the inzerillos lost in the first mafia war.
I dont think that an another NY families would had dare to kill the gambinos boss. But is just my opinion.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

It seemed like the Gambinos were the most stable family in recent years. Been a while since they were hit with any big indictments but this changes everything. The fallout is not going to pretty.
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

Holy shit, saw this morning. Biggest murder since Castellano and to think in 2019. This has been some week for organized crime, and it is not over yet.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

slimshady_007 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 am I feel horrible for frank’s family who saw the whole event. They did nothing to deserve this. Those kids r messed up for life.
Yeah that's fucked up.