Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by Frank »

B. wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 pm I was just looking at an old photo of Cali's Arcobaleno shop last night.

What is there to even say? In addition to learning more about the murder, I hope this leads to more info coming out about the current leadership.

I'm reminded of Felice's speculation about Cali falling out of favor given he didn't appear at that family party with Mannino, the Gambinos, and DiMaria. Felice was of the opinion that Cali's absence from the party was very out of place and indicated something could be wrong. He fell out of favor with someone, that's for sure.
Yes that was almost 2 years ago exactly, that there was rumors about him being ousted as a boss. I said a boss because I believe Cefalu is still acting boss. Like you said maybe more info will come out now.
MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Post by MoLarryCurly »

I don’t see during a time where there’s less heat, them brining on a massive target. They run smooth and quiet why bring this? In front of his house with his family home, that’s not AmericAn LCN. This has Ndrangheta all over it. Or Albanians which I still don’t see. They always make noise but never really stood up let alone take out the top boss. Don’t think it was his own people mad at him, their all close even if they wanted him out they wouldn’t do it with his family home.
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Holy shit! Just saw this elsewhere and had to come here right away, gonna read this thread now. Insane, biggest thing in NY since god knows when.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Skimmed the thread. Canada was the first place my mind went, it just seems to brazen for the NY families to have carried it out and with his Sicilian connections that seems a good possibility, but we obviously don't have a clue yet. I'd be astonished if it was Gene Gotti even though he briefly crossed my mind, seems ridiculous. Felice mentioning him possibly falling out of favour makes internal Gambino beef very possible. Who the hell knows, hopefully this gets solved quickly as a lot of our questions about the Gambino's (and possibly other families) could be answered through this.
CTamg65
Straightened out

Post by CTamg65 »

Crazy im with the idea that its something from Italy Cali was a big international player i hate to speculate but you never know that bust in jersey was huge im not saying he had anything to do with that but hes on that level with the shit hes involved with its just a comparison when your on that level a mistake similar to what happened in jersey happening anywhere could def cost u your life when your playing with that type of money any mistake could be your life we have no clue what may have happened but i could def see some zips getting that job done like nothing thats just my thought if it has anything to do with a gambino family power struggle that would be insane and then with all the news weve had in the past few years guys beating trial left and right if Cali got hit in front of his house over some beef over here amongst the family then it would be hard not to say the mob is very much alive
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

That was some good info, felice had....
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbr43fO2rYc

If you wanna skip Canarsie's embarrassing rap intro you can listen to him drag the news out to ten minutes without saying anything of any real substance that couldn't be found on Cali's wikipedia page
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

it could be linked to canada stuff and if it's, it could be a conflict between gambino and bonanno families and their connections to sicilian mafia, calabrians etc.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:18 pm Imagine telling people ten years ago that both Cali and Sal Montagna would be shot to death.
I still like the Montagna hit better.

Nothing beats "ex-Bonanno boss shot into swiss cheese comes flying out of a house and dies while trying to swim across a river to escape".

That was the bomb.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

I can’t believe I found out about this on Twitter. I’m going with the murder being internationally related. I can’t imagine Cali doing enough to get a local to kill him.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
MSFRD
Straightened out

Post by MSFRD »

If this was from a dispute with Canada, Sicily or the Calabrians, do you think the Genovese or Bonnano’s were felt out? Whacking a boss of a NY family must come with some repercussions or friction if no other family leaders were sought out.
Teddy Persico
Straightened out

Post by Teddy Persico »

Yea I think some people in NYC were aware of an issue were talked to beforehand. Not necessarily for support, but to as you said, feel them out.
The way you talk, you just confuse him.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Holy shit! Biggest LCN week in a long time! I guess there was some truth to the rumors Cali might have fallen out of favor after his guardian angel (John Gambino) died. What's even crazier is I can definitely believe the theory that Gene Gotti might be involved. He's one of the few people with enough clout to actually think he can do something like this in 2019. I doubt it was the albanians. Cali is no Sally Daz. He was too high up. We shall wait and see, but my take is a sanctioned hit with some outside talent brought in to take care of it.
santos
Straightened out

Post by santos »

I imagine whoever did this is currently on some plane over the atlantic right now going back home.

Similar to this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRTCbP870AQ
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

[quote=Frank post_id=103092 time=1552542200 user_id=5387] The first thing that came to my mind was Canada. But at this point who knows.
[/quote]

Imagine if the next targets are the heads of the other families?! Its also interesting that it occurred right after Persicos death...
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10