Frank Cali shot dead

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

The Greek
Straightened out

Re: Frank cali shot dead

Post by The Greek »

Chopper wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:17 pm It had to happen, roughly every 30 years or so a gambino boss gets shot. Some traditions are sacred.
Not a good family to be boss of.

D'Aquila - Murdered
Mineo - Murdered
Mangano - Murdered
Anastasia - Murdered
Gambino - Natural
Castellano - Murdered
Gotti- Died in Jail
P. Gotti - Prison
Cali - Murdered
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

bert wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:24 pm
The Greek wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:43 pm Guessing with technology today and the number of informants this will be solved within a year.
With todays technology they might solve it in a week. They can back track the car by house cameras until they see what highway it goes on, if any. Then they check all the cameras along the highway exits. They might also be able to check for any cell phones that were on that spot at the exact time. If the shooters and driver had cells on them, they can be caught that way. GPS in new cars is another one.
This might be the first mob hit in history to be solved by a Ring doorbell
AndyHaHa
Associate

Post by AndyHaHa »

I feel like this could be something involving the Italians or Canada, because they could leave the country after the hit and maybe escape investigation, plus Cali is connected to those syndicates. I also wouldn’t be surprised if this was large scale drug operation related
AndyHaHa
Associate

Post by AndyHaHa »

Also not saying it’s impossible but to think this is a Gene Gotti power play is wishful thinking
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

The Greek wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:26 pm
Chopper wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:17 pm It had to happen, roughly every 30 years or so a gambino boss gets shot. Some traditions are sacred.
Not a good family to be boss of.

D'Aquila - Murdered
Mineo - Murdered
Mangano - Murdered
Anastasia - Murdered
Gambino - Natural
Castellano - Murdered
Gotti- Died in Jail
P. Gotti - Prison
Cali - Murdered
It's the same for most families in New York. Luciano got 40 years then deported, Genovese died in prison after ra long sentence, Frank Tieri died there and Gigante too. Columbo was shot, Persico and underboss Franzese did. Aton of time, and Perscio died in prison. A few families had it slightly better, but the Gambinos do have the worst history for bosses, with Carlo Gambino as the exception.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pete wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:20 pm
bronx wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:07 pm my opinion, could be a personal beef.. no mention of a driver or other cars involved yet..reported he told his wife he was going outside to talk to someone..
This is kind of where my head was at. A power play for the family in 2019 just seems really far fetched
Frank Cali getting whacked outside his home in 2019 to me just seems really far fetched ;)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

AndyHaHa wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 pm Also not saying it’s impossible but to think this is a Gene Gotti power play is wishful thinking
Agreed, he can't even get near anyone now. I doubt his nephews form Growing up Gotti did it.
123JoeSchmo
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by 123JoeSchmo »

First time I've come back to forum in quite awhile and I see that Frank Cali was killed?

Holy shit.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:40 pm
Niagarafalls wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:38 pm John Gambino died a little over a year ago...someone felt safe enough to make a move?
John Gambino vacuum, power play, seems the G’s are internally unstable. Theory.
People have.thought John was the real boss for years, DO NOT GET CATTY please!! lol.....

But seriously...... we gotta rethink everything.....

My mind is racing...... Is it connected to....everything? lol....

John Gambino dies, Juliano dies, Persico dies, Mancuso gets out, Gene Gotti gets out, the Bonnanos get aquitted....

He gets hit at his house.... why are mobsters now
hit at thier homes all of a sudden? Zottola was too, ALL the canadians get hit at home it seems....

The random Jersey coke bust, ( speculation) Mew York must have gotten tired of Canada ringing out, lol

WHAT a fuckin HUGE hit...... 2019 gonna be crazy.... this is crazier than the Buffalo topic...
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I wouldnt rule out an internal power play, OR an external attack by MAYBE Italians....

This is why I felt it's really important to understand the relationships, and the structure...

A personal beef, ok I can live with it. A Gene Gotti power play I could actually really see.. especially
of another family backed it too....

But if this did indeed come from Italy, ( They were doing HEAVY business...) then I think we gotta revisit what I've been rambling about for years now..

Like someone else pointed out, right after that mysterious drug bust, Persicos death, AND the Bonnanos aquittal..... Its gotta be connected to SOMETHING... we gotta wait and see, I got no idea, but this is something...Damn
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I was just looking at an old photo of Cali's Arcobaleno shop last night.

What is there to even say? In addition to learning more about the murder, I hope this leads to more info coming out about the current leadership.

I'm reminded of Felice's speculation about Cali falling out of favor given he didn't appear at that family party with Mannino, the Gambinos, and DiMaria. Felice was of the opinion that Cali's absence from the party was very out of place and indicated something could be wrong. He fell out of favor with someone, that's for sure.
Last edited by B. on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Holy motherfucking christ. I'm at a loss for words.

"Todt Hill", where Cali was killed, means "Death Hill" in Dutch, incidentally.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Imagine telling people ten years ago that both Cali and Sal Montagna would be shot to death.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

And someone once said that the days of killing a boss were long gone...well it seems they are back

Do you guys think that the contract possibly came from outside the country?
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Villain wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 pm And someone once said that the days of killing a boss were long gone...well it seems they are back

Do you guys think that the contract possibly came from outside the country?
The first thing that came to my mind was Canada. But at this point who knows.