Carmine Persico, dead at age 85

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stroccos
Full Patched

Re: Carmine Persico, dead at age 85

Post by Stroccos »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:03 pm
Stroccos wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:53 pm
Doobeez wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:18 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:22 am Yeah, that's why I said maybe pay attention to the wake and funeral?

But at the same time, it doesnt seem smart right now, to show up en masse, a bunch of wiseguys in the same spot, so I dunno.....
Newsflash: Mob funerals are historically well attended, and with Junior Persico being the guest of honor the place will be filled to the rafters man.
Doubt they let junior even attend
Huh? Was that a joke or something? He can't attend his own funeral?
I was joking as the government had restrictiosn on him etc etc
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:12 am Michael is so full of shit. Now it seems he just profits off of religion.
I can't believe that someone would do such a thing
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Snakes wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:52 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:12 am Michael is so full of shit. Now it seems he just profits off of religion.
I can't believe that someone would do such a thing
The whole religion is a Scam
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Additional Comments from Michael Franzese:

My former boss, Carmine Persico “junior” died in federal prison on 3/7. Very Sad! Spent over half his life in prison. His family was devastated. I understand the consequences of our chosen lifestyle better than most. Been through much the same with my father and our family.

We had our differences for sure, but I respected him. I liked him. I’m sure many of you will say he got what he deserved for being a member of La Cosa Nostra as I was. I prefer to have mercy and pray he accepted Christ! I know God will have granted him the same mercy He showed me.

For those of you who are believers, remember his family in prayer.
Know which Game to Play
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Michael F. seems sincere to me.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Mike is a hustler at heart. I don't know if he's sincere in this particular statement, but he's playing his religious angle none the less. He was smart enough to realize exploiting people's fate is far less risky than labor racketeering. As for the Colombos we might have a precedent and a guy serving life to take over as official boss.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:31 pm Michael F. seems sincere to me.
Agreed
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Didn't he recently refuse to answer any of our questions unless we paid him?

"One thing about us wiseguys, the hustle never ends." - Tony Soprano

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I don't believe a line of his shit, he's for sure hustling folks
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:49 pm
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:31 pm Michael F. seems sincere to me.
Agreed
The amount of emotional pain that was put
upon his mother by her husband, son John, &
Michael had to be immense. Not to mention
all the nephews and brothers in-law. If he
has any conscience, changing his ways is how
he would try to make amends.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

bert wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:44 pm
Doobeez wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:18 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:22 am Yeah, that's why I said maybe pay attention to the wake and funeral?

But at the same time, it doesnt seem smart right now, to show up en masse, a bunch of wiseguys in the same spot, so I dunno.....
Newsflash: Mob funerals are historically well attended, and with Junior Persico being the guest of honor the place will be filled to the rafters man.
I think many will attend too, they see it as not committing a crime, and know that they will still get photographed and have heat on them. He did all that time, was a boss, and earned it. Friends of his still active (Those still living) will come. Even those not active anymore may show up. I wonder if Sonny Franzese was in New York instead of California if he would attend? I think not, since he has 2 rat sons, and one wrote a book admitting membership. Michael seems to take him everywhere, but if he had another person to bring him, would he come? In fact, can he, due to parole? I don't think Al Gallo will show up given their history, but who knows.
wasnt Persico somewhat involved in the set up for Sonny??

and does Sonny talk with the BOTH his sons?? im referring to the one that testified against him. im assuming he wouldnt be as nice w him... Micheal isnt even his real son.

So also micheal and sonny are seen together a lot?? kinda suprising to me be sonny allways seemed to strivtly be "man of respect"
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Jeremy, I can't quote the entire passage above. If you mean did Perscio help frame Sonny, no. I never heard that one before, but I don't doubt that it along with other stories are out there. The son thing is bizarre, I wonder what the relationship is like between them myself. I also am curious on Michaels's take on his brother not jus treating, but wearing a wire against his father. That family is a reality show waiting to happen. Seriously, they and their storyline beat the crap out of the Kardashians and anyone else. :idea:
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

does anyone have any idea how much influence Persico still.had on the streets??

like was he a Amuso type thats still calling shots, or more of a Peter Gotti type??

same w allie boy jnr
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:05 pm does anyone have any idea how much influence Persico still.had on the streets??

like was he a Amuso type thats still calling shots, or more of a Peter Gotti type??

same w allie boy jnr
In the Ralph DeLeo indictment, he was identified as the Colombo street boss, that he was chosen to run the family by 'acting boss' Alphonse Persico and that Carmine was the official boss. That would indicate that by the mid to late 2000s Persico had delegated some control over the family to his son. Whether Alphonse still has that power, who knows. Nothing else has come out about it that I know of. Amuso was thought to have been replaced as boss until he ordered everyone to show up at his wife's funeral
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

In 2007, Allie and Carmine's stature in the family was revealed by Sonny Franzese when he met with Michael Franzese. Franzese - who had just learned that his son John Jr. had betrayed him and worn a recording device against him - told Michael "tell your brother about my son, but don't worry, he can't hurt anybody." Sonny then told Michael to "tell pop and Allie" that he had been with them since the beginning and "would never leave until I die. Guys don't understand, where you were born, you stay," he said. He added that being loyal to the boss was not only the honorable thing to do, but in the end, made much more sense.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com