Carmine Persico, dead at age 85

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Carmine Persico, dead at age 85

Post by Frank »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:41 am
BobbyPazzo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:41 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:17 pm
DPG wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:23 pm Look at how long it took us to find out 'officially' that Barney was the boss after Chin died? I'm not very up to date when it comes to recent successions, so I guess what I'm trying to ask is: How long after Chins death did it take us to get any type of info regarding leadership?

Do you think we get info on this succession more quickly because the Colombos aren't 'The Ivy League' ?
I think its actually an unrelated point. People expect an understanding of the family hierarchy, now that there has been a change, as if that information should be available. We find out the new make-up, when we find out. Irregardless of Carmine and his passing.
No disrespect to anyone but exactly. I’m reading this line, “do you think we’ll find out because...” yea they’re gonna put the info out there because they aren’t the Ivey league. Fuck it, were a glorified crew so let’s throw our structure out there for the boards to update the charts. I’ll tell ya ... 🤦🏻‍♂️
It's not exactly an asinine statement. Genovese always keep you guessing where as the other families one way or another it comes out. I don't think he is saying the Colombos are going to send out a press release or something lol
Your right it could take years to learn the correct new boss, that could be not even still the boss when we find out. Or it could only take a year or so.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

We'll know they've selected a new boss when the white smoke comes out of the chimney.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

B. wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:15 pm We'll know they've selected a new boss when the white smoke comes out of the chimney.
Lol
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Doobeez wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:18 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:22 am Yeah, that's why I said maybe pay attention to the wake and funeral?

But at the same time, it doesnt seem smart right now, to show up en masse, a bunch of wiseguys in the same spot, so I dunno.....
Newsflash: Mob funerals are historically well attended, and with Junior Persico being the guest of honor the place will be filled to the rafters man.
I think many will attend too, they see it as not committing a crime, and know that they will still get photographed and have heat on them. He did all that time, was a boss, and earned it. Friends of his still active (Those still living) will come. Even those not active anymore may show up. I wonder if Sonny Franzese was in New York instead of California if he would attend? I think not, since he has 2 rat sons, and one wrote a book admitting membership. Michael seems to take him everywhere, but if he had another person to bring him, would he come? In fact, can he, due to parole? I don't think Al Gallo will show up given their history, but who knows.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

CabriniGreen wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:22 am Yeah, that's why I said maybe pay attention to the wake and funeral?

But at the same time, it doesnt seem smart right now, to show up en masse, a bunch of wiseguys in the same spot, so I dunno.....
Newsflash: Mob funerals are historically well attended, and with Junior Persico being the guest of honor the place will be filled to the rafters man.
Doubt they let junior even attend
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Don’t expect the bosses to attend, but im sure some capos and made guys from all five families will pay respects.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Stroccos wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Doubt they let junior even attend
Huh? Was that a joke or something? He can't attend his own funeral?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Desiree Persico said on Facebook that a small ceremony was held, but I couldn't find out if that was his actual funeral or not.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:32 pm Desiree Persico said on Facebook that a small ceremony was held, but I couldn't find out if that was his actual funeral or not.
It could’ve been a wake
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

This is what I was kinda saying.....

It SHOULD be a big deal..... But maybe some guys have too much heat to attend... But just paying attention to WHO shows up should be a little informative.....
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Here is Michael Franzese take on Carmine Persico death:

https://www.facebook.com/michaelfranzes ... 688103853/
Know which Game to Play
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Did Michael go to the funeral? I remember that he said that Persico was furious when he learned that he had written the book "Quitting the Mob"
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

aleksandrored wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:52 am Did Michael go to the funeral? I remember that he said that Persico was furious when he learned that he had written the book "Quitting the Mob"
No way.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Michael is so full of shit. Now it seems he just profits off of religion.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

agree Slim