Joey Merlino

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Joey Merlino

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Is it 100% true that Scarfo put a 500k contract on Joey Merlino? If so why didn’t that contract happen? We are talking Scarfo not Stanfa .
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Joey Merlino

Post by chin_gigante »

Happened after Scarfo went to jail and the attempt on Nicky Jr IIRC. Merlino did a couple of years in prison and when he got out in the early 90s Stanfa was in charge and no-one was taking orders from Scarfo anymore
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

There was a video of Merlino being asked by reporters about it, and responding " If I knew, I would have shot myself." He was laughing as he said it, I have to give him credit for a sense of humor.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Anastasia tell the story at the 3:40 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIXakKNCywE
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

in the youtube videos posted in the general questions section. nicky the crow caramandi said that he was demoted and evdntuslly led to flip bc he turned down a contract on Chuckies kid bc he knew him his whole life.

assuming chucky was in fact merlinos dad
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

chin_gigante wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:24 pm Happened after Scarfo went to jail and the attempt on Nicky Jr IIRC. Merlino did a couple of years in prison and when he got out in the early 90s Stanfa was in charge and no-one was taking orders from Scarfo anymore
Its not even about taking orders at that point it’s about getting at least 6 figures , Even if they get paid 20% of that offer that’s 100 k. Scarfo could of sent that message to Philly guys NJ guys and NY guys. That’s why I don’t get it ,if that contract was Legit that’s a serious amount of coin and would get all kinds of people trying to make that happen to collect. ( in jail and out of jail.)
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:00 am in the youtube videos posted in the general questions section. nicky the crow caramandi said that he was demoted and evdntuslly led to flip bc he turned down a contract on Chuckies kid bc he knew him his whole life.

Joey looks a lot like chucky
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:00 am in the youtube videos posted in the general questions section. nicky the crow caramandi said that he was demoted and evdntuslly led to flip bc he turned down a contract on Chuckies kid bc he knew him his whole life.

The Crow is full of shit when it comes to murders. In Blood and Honor it is always "I was ready to kill him, I was about to shoot but Charlie White already did".

Acts like a killer but never killed anyone.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

500k must’ve been an exaggeration.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Tony Monte
Straightened out

Post by Tony Monte »

It was Tommy Delgorno not Nicky Crow
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Tony Monte wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:00 am

you know what, i think your right bc nicky was never a capo.

was it joey merlino none the less they were taking about?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Tony Monte
Straightened out

Post by Tony Monte »

He doesn’t say names but you get the idea he’s talking about the Merlinos
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

Tony Monte wrote:

Def was tommy delgorno i believe he said it on that hbo doc that came out about 94 95. It had 3 or4 dif stories on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:16 am

The Crow is full of shit when it comes to murders. In Blood and Honor it is always "I was ready to kill him, I was about to shoot but Charlie White already did".

Acts like a killer but never killed anyone.
Is blood and honor worth reading ? Think about it
I am scared to pull the trigger doesn’t sell many books

Is he the guy who was a brokester living in the trailer park ?
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Tony Monte
Straightened out

Post by Tony Monte »

Great book...probably one of the best mob books ever. I say blood and honor and murder machine are my top two