Agent describing the Verrazzano Bridge as the “g——agangplank”

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Mvguy818
Associate

Agent describing the Verrazzano Bridge as the “g——agangplank”

Post by Mvguy818 »

What if the ethnic/race group in this statement was say Jewish or African American? What kind of uproar would there be? Probably gets the case thrown right out and could be rioting in the streets. But Italians just have to take it on the chin.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Re: Agent describing the Verrazzano Bridge as the “g——agangplank”

Post by Fughedaboutit »

what?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Mvguy818 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:39 pm What if the ethnic/race group in this statement was say Jewish or African American? What kind of uproar would there be? Probably gets the case thrown right out and could be rioting in the streets. But Italians just have to take it on the chin.

It's the derogatory term guinea gangplank used by some to refer to the Verranzano Bridge. The I first time I had ever seen it used was in the book about Chris Paciello. Politically correct Saturday Night Live used way worse slurs in their sketch about Polish immigrants discussing Italians when Louis CK hosted the show.
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

What trial was it used in?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

bert wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:16 pm What trial was it used in?
the Bonnano trial. its alleged an agent said to Lovaglio when they were talking, and its on tape. i think the defendants lawyers probably heard it during the discovery process and are making an issue about it. a bias issue. dont blame the defense for pushing the issue...whatever sticks.. but lets not act like italians in staten island - out of all places - are victims of anything (besides getting shaken down by the types of people on trial)
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:06 pm
the Bonnano trial. its alleged an agent said to Lovaglio when they were talking, and its on tape. i think the defendants lawyers probably heard it during the discovery process and are making an issue about it. a bias issue. dont blame the defense for pushing the issue...whatever sticks.. but lets not act like italians in staten island - out of all places - are victims of anything (besides getting shaken down by the types of people on trial)
I meant Italians in general, not just Staten Island. It is an offensive term. If an agent messed it in a conversation then is understandable, I thought it was used by an agent in testimony. The OP does have a point on how different groups would react and be supported.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

bert wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:13 pm
I meant Italians in general, not just Staten Island. It is an offensive term. If an agent messed it in a conversation then is understandable, I thought it was used by an agent in testimony. The OP does have a point on how different groups would react and be supported.
no argument from me, offensiveness is a subjective thing. i know italians themselves jokingly have made the same exact statement as the agent referring to their own migrations from brooklyn over to SI.

i could personally care less but itd be interesting if they really could press the issue and maybe dig into the Agents past (nod to Mark Furman) and end up swaying a jury...lol. in the era we live in today it wouldnt be out of the ordinary to try some shit like that
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

I need a safe space
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Stroccos wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:30 pm
I need a safe space
:lol:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

An opinion instead of smart assed remarks would be better.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

bert wrote:An opinion instead of smart assed remarks would be better.
Well what the fuck are you guys even talking about? The first post starts off with nothing and it just keeps going. If this thread was a song it would be this

https://youtu.be/SZXPAh4e8YE

I need a safe place too. I do not feel safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

That saying is as old as dirt heard it my whole lofe...big deal... people too sensitive today
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Jbravo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:12 am That saying is as old as dirt heard it my whole lofe...big deal... people too sensitive today
You're right. in addition, I think the Italian Americans (In general) are pretty tough people and it would take a lot more than a "word" to make them protest something. I think they have too much dignity and pride to march in the streets holding signs and crying and whining over a fucking word like some other people do.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
bert
Full Patched

Post by bert »

Confederate wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:32 pm
Jbravo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:12 am That saying is as old as dirt heard it my whole lofe...big deal... people too sensitive today
You're right. in addition, I think the Italian Americans (In general) are pretty tough people and it would take a lot more than a "word" to make them protest something. I think they have too much dignity and pride to march in the streets holding signs and crying and whining over a fucking word like some other people do.
It's not crying and whining, it's not wanting to be a target when others are exempt. The OP pointed it out. I agree with him.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

bert wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:06 pm
Confederate wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:32 pm
It's not crying and whining, it's not wanting to be a target when others are exempt. The OP pointed it out. I agree with him.
You're right again. This Country is upside down with hypocrisy and double standards.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".