Ronnie One Arm opening statement 2006

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Bklyn21
Full Patched

Re: Ronnie One Arm opening statement 2006

Post by Bklyn21 »

bronx wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:27 am hellboy,exactly what im saying ronnie ratted...but in todays mob times when guys admit they are members and point blame at others ,it is not ratting..i read something that alite was an informer or ratting way back in the street, early 90's. bklyn surprised me also about ronnie..
I believe IMO if you point blame at others especially in a court of law your ratting and your a rat ! Theres a ton of high level members and low level members/associates on the street today that are informants , Thats a big reason they are able to operate and stay in operation, Because they pass info on to the Police and the feds about theyre own members and associates and about other OC operations, Or crime in general
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

IMO at least the way Ronnie did it, He went into some crazy shit acting in his own defense
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:31 pm That’s the difference between today’s mobsters and the previous generations. Doing the allocution, that’s a big no-no in the old days. Just goes to show how times have changed and how the mafia has lost a huge portion of their power, especially nationwide. Couldn’t imagine Carlo or Accardo telling one of their guys that it’s okay to admit membership of this thing.
It was smart of the Genovese to start allowing it. Everyone knows anyway, why get 20 years when you can get 5 and be back on the streets making money for the family. One of the reasons they have been so strong.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:53 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:31 pm That’s the difference between today’s mobsters and the previous generations. Doing the allocution, that’s a big no-no in the old days. Just goes to show how times have changed and how the mafia has lost a huge portion of their power, especially nationwide. Couldn’t imagine Carlo or Accardo telling one of their guys that it’s okay to admit membership of this thing.
The mafia has to adapt to the changing times. If ur facing 20 years in prison, and prosecutors offer u an 18 month plea deal that requires u to admit ur a member of lcn, u would be stupid not to plead out. Nowadays everyone already knows the mafia exists, so admitting ur a member isnt that big of a deal. This isn’t the 40’s. Plus going to trial attracts too much attention from the media and prosecutors may reveal some sensitive shit at trial.
I understand all of that and I don’t disagree with you and your reasoning. That’s the difference between American mobsters v Calabrians/Sicilians aka Zips. I wonder if there is a way to find out the mobsters doing the allocution if they are American or from the other side. In the end, it just goes to show how weak the American Mafia has become. Times have changed for sure...for the worse. Do the Italians on the other side allow their members to plea out? Is an allocution required in the Italian court system? I’d be interested in learning a bit more about that.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:08 pm
The mafia has to adapt to the changing times. If ur facing 20 years in prison, and prosecutors offer u an 18 month plea deal that requires u to admit ur a member of lcn, u would be stupid not to plead out. Nowadays everyone already knows the mafia exists, so admitting ur a member isnt that big of a deal. This isn’t the 40’s. Plus going to trial attracts too much attention from the media and prosecutors may reveal some sensitive shit at trial.
I understand all of that and I don’t disagree with you and your reasoning. That’s the difference between American mobsters v Calabrians/Sicilians aka Zips. I wonder if there is a way to find out the mobsters doing the allocution if they are American or from the other side. In the end, it just goes to show how weak the American Mafia has become. Times have changed for sure...for the worse. Do the Italians on the other side allow their members to plea out? Is an allocution required in the Italian court system? I’d be interested in learning a bit more about that.
The American mob is weaker by the day, nobody has ever denied that, not sure what you are trying to state? You have informed, I am sure you are knowledgeable.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

I feel like the mob has been makin a comeback since mafia takedown day in 2011. The families will never have the influence they had pre- RICO but families like the westside still have a lot of influence.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:38 pm
The American mob is weaker by the day, nobody has ever denied that, not sure what you are trying to state? You have informed, I am sure you are knowledgeable.
I’m just curious to know of all the mobsters in the U.S. that have had to do the allocution over the last 20 years, how many of them were actually from the other side? I’m assuming this but I would have to go out on a limb to say that there are far many more American born mobsters who have admitted the existence of LCN v guys made on the other side and then came over.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

JCB1977 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:00 pm
I’m just curious to know of all the mobsters in the U.S. that have had to do the allocution over the last 20 years, how many of them were actually from the other side? I’m assuming this but I would have to go out on a limb to say that there are far many more American born mobsters who have admitted the existence of LCN v guys made on the other side and then came over.
Okay great, are you taking in the ratio of how many mobsters from the other side make up the percentage of the mob vs here? How can you possibly get accurate stats when it is probably 90/10? Horrible sample size comparison.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:07 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:00 pm
Okay great, are you taking in the ratio of how many mobsters from the other side make up the percentage of the mob vs here? How can you possibly get accurate stats when it is probably 90/10? Horrible sample size comparison

Nope. You missed the point. Thanks anyways

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Actually I was simply pointing out a pretty big hole in your request that you failed to realize. You are welcome.