General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Frank »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:45 pm
Frank wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:05 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:15 pm Anyone know who the members of mike sarno’s are? (Cicero)
The crew he had when on the streets?
Past and present members
He might not be officially in charge of any crew since he was sentenced to 25 years. It's possible he could be the official Capo of Cicero. I think the time period when he was acting boss he would be in charge of the whole Outfit. So I think I will start to look up names from before that time period.
thesicilian2309
Associate

Post by thesicilian2309 »

Is there an explanation how the system works? I mean the Soldiers pays the Capo and the Capo then gives everything to the Boss? How much percentage they give him? Is someone out there who have any information???
"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid."
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

thesicilian2309 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 pm Is there an explanation how the system works? I mean the Soldiers pays the Capo and the Capo then gives everything to the Boss? How much percentage they give him? Is someone out there who have any information???
The short answer is that it varies from family to family depending on the racket, the people involved, the boss, the time, etc. Generally soldiers kick a % to the capo who then kicks a % to the administration. It can be 10%, but there a were confirmed situations up to 20% or even 50% of the earnings getting kicked up. There were other cases like the one with Joe Profaci who demanded monthly minimum tribute from all of his soldiers directly to him without taking into account their earning potential and so on.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Is it possible that bosses still take part in making ceremonies? Or do street bosses take part instead?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:55 am Is it possible that bosses still take part in making ceremonies? Or do street bosses take part instead?
Well when 4 of the 5 official New York bosses are doing time it sort of goes to the acting bosses by default
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

chin_gigante wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:05 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:55 am Is it possible that bosses still take part in making ceremonies? Or do street bosses take part instead?
Well when 4 of the 5 official New York bosses are doing time it sort of goes to the acting bosses by default
Could it possible that barney held recent making ceremonies?
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:05 pm
Could it possible that barney held recent making ceremonies?
We live in a universe of infinite possibilities slim.

P.S. I'm not trying to be a prick but there is no way anyone on here would know the answer to your question. But like I said anything is possible. I would think whoever Barney has in place on the streets would take care of making guys, just to be safe. No point in getting caught up in a ceremony and then being tied into every single active investigation the feds currently have going on the Westside.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
00bo
Prospect

Post by 00bo »

eboli wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:22 pm
thesicilian2309 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 pm Is there an explanation how the system works? I mean the Soldiers pays the Capo and the Capo then gives everything to the Boss? How much percentage they give him? Is someone out there who have any information???
The short answer is that it varies from family to family depending on the racket, the people involved, the boss, the time, etc. Generally soldiers kick a % to the capo who then kicks a % to the administration. It can be 10%, but there a were confirmed situations up to 20% or even 50% of the earnings getting kicked up. There were other cases like the one with Joe Profaci who demanded monthly minimum tribute from all of his soldiers directly to him without taking into account their earning potential and so on.
So, Do only partners give money when they make a business? I always thought that every week or month they gave a tax.
Andyboy
Prospect

Post by Andyboy »

Is a soldier paid for executing a contract given by the boss?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Andyboy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:19 am Is a soldier paid for executing a contract given by the boss?
I don't think I've ever heard of a made guy being paid for a hit. That's a responsibility that's assumed on becoming a member of a family. Associates, sometimes. The Mafia Cops got paid for the work they did for the Lucheses.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Andyboy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:19 am Is a soldier paid for executing a contract given by the boss?

Short answer no. Some have been rewarded with a promotion or a piece of a business (often of the guy they just killed) but the tv image of getting a briefcase of cash for doing a hit is fiction.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Guys anyone know where this footage is from 00:15 to 00:20? the very beginning, I always see this in the documentaries but to this day I do not know where it is from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zutu_qqAk
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Anyone know exactly which mobster author Giovanni Gambino is related to?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Anyone ever come across Ralph Natale's 302s or a breakdown of his testimony? I've seen the LCNBios recap and some articles from the 2001 trial but I'm assuming there will be much more out there. Thanks.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

I forget where I heard this, but I believe it was a documentary/interview with someone who flipped. In the interview he explained how as an associate of the family (I believe it may have been the Gambinos?) he was "offered" the "contract" to hit someone and his sponsor told him that once the job was completed, he (the hitter) would be offered a cash reward. If this cash reward was accepted, he would remain at the associate level doing contracted hits for money, if he refused the money he would gain further access to the family and gain membership.

Now, my memory of this is extremely fuzzy, it could have been a movie even, but the case kind of holds true from everything I've read/seen/heard.