Frank Narducci Case (Update 5/16: Narducci Pleads Guilty

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NothingNew44
Straightened out

Re: Rumor Narducci arrested in Philly

Post by NothingNew44 »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:39 am
Fatso wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:31 am
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:28 am
Fatso wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:23 am
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:57 am
Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:58 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:53 am Joey Pungitore has to be haunted every single day of his life thinking about Salvie....but then again he could just chalk it up to LCN if he’s that hardcore and devoted.
I bet it still bothers him from everything I have read about the incident.
To his day it still surprises me that none of the made members
under Scarfo did not kill Nicky. The number of members Scarfo killed
would have provided the justification needed to take to NY &
the commission for the green light.
He didn't kill many members, and was well liked by most guys from most accounts.
His hit list was 28 people. Most of them members/associates.
And when you really look at it most of the murders were guys getting popped for paying the street tax, killing the guys after Testa got blown up, and Riccobene guys. Scarfo wasn't acting any differently than any other boss at that time would.
Why did Scarfo kill Salvie Testa? The Chickenman
asked Scarfo to look after Salvie if anything ever
happened to him. Scarfo was like an uncle to Salvie.
Can you come up with a valid reason for Scarfo killing Salvie?
A Wall Street Journal article?
Fear is a powerful thing. As leonetti claims Gigante personally backed scarfo for philly leadership and scarfo held this fact over his family. “I’ll bring guys in from New York and kill everybody”. Not to mention Scarfo inducted a lot of men who’s allegiance became solely beholden to him. Younger guys. Who were willing to do what was asked to make a name and gain status. The older guard was quickly supplanted by scarfs supporters. I assume It was a tough position to be in.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Stroccos wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:53 pm
During a recorded meeting on November 26, 2018, Gallo admitted
to Victim A that he had brought Narducci “$300,000 in loans,” or words to that effect. This
recorded statement clearly shows that Gallo and Narducci worked in concert to extort other
loansharking victims beyond Victim A.
So he was loaning out money to several people probably had a book too? Wonder if he was kicking up

Is there a numbers racket at all anymore in Philly ? It was still going strong in the late 80’s Several number operators in the city
Joseph Pungitore from December, 1985 until early 1987 financed the business and supervised collections from the numbers writers. Pungitore's business regularly employed more than five workers and brought in approximately $ 14,000 in bets each week.”
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:02 pm [Is there a numbers racket at all anymore in Philly ? It was still going strong in the late 80’s Several number operators in the city

It was still around in the early 2000s. I don't know about now.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:33 pm
Mikeymike12 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:02 pm [Is there a numbers racket at all anymore in Philly ? It was still going strong in the late 80’s Several number operators in the city

It was still around in the early 2000s. I don't know about now.

Pogo
Back in 2017 there was the bust of the numbers operation run by the Creagh family. They paid Scarfo the street tax back in the day.

As far as any numbers run directly by the Philadelphia LCN, I haven't seen any cases involving that in at least 20 years. It's been all sports betting and video poker machines.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

In a 2000 interview Angelo Lutz said that Merlino played the street number. In a 2001 article it was said that Ligambi was getting money from a numbers operation.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:04 am In a 2000 interview Angelo Lutz said that Merlino played the street number. In a 2001 article it was said that Ligambi was getting money from a numbers operation.

Pogo
Interesting. Though, given the lack of news or being included in cases, the numbers seems to be more and more a peripheral racket. As I've said before, even in New York/New Jersey we've seen a big drop in numbers busts in recent years.
All roads lead to New York.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Great thread. Good reading
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Yeah the Creagh operation was going strong up until their 2017 bust. It was a very large scale operation throughout the entire city (literally). They brought in millions and had brick & mortar locations throughout every low-income neighborhood throughout the city and several locations in south philly that wee known by the guys downtown. The Creagh’s had been LCN associates for years so I’m sure they were kicking up. My guess is they’re back up and running or someone else picked up their action as it seemed to be extremely lucrative. People will still play the street number even in today’s world because you don’t pay taxes on winnings and the odds of wining are much better than the State Lotteries. Also, you can bet as little as 10 cents and upwards of as much as you want, which is extremely appealing to the low-income player and illegal immigrants etc.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

PHL_Mob wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 am Yeah the Creagh operation was going strong up until their 2017 bust. It was a very large scale operation throughout the entire city (literally). They brought in millions and had brick & mortar locations throughout every low-income neighborhood throughout the city and several locations in south philly that wee known by the guys downtown. The Creagh’s had been LCN associates for years so I’m sure they were kicking up. My guess is they’re back up and running or someone else picked up their action as it seemed to be extremely lucrative. People will still play the street number even in today’s world because you don’t pay taxes on winnings and the odds of wining are much better than the State Lotteries. Also, you can bet as little as 10 cents and upwards of as much as you want, which is extremely appealing to the low-income player and illegal immigrants etc.
I has no idea policy was that big in Philly recently.
What part of the city are they from?
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Creagh is Irish and in his 60s so if I had to guess which I am I would say either the Northeast, Kensington, Fishtown, or South Philly are all good bets.
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

They had storefront “fronts” in South Philly and SouthWest Philly, All over North Philly and West Philly. He was based out of the NorthEast though or the center of his operation was. His son who was involved was also in real estate which was based out of Northern liberties. I know one of the windows or “store front fronts” was at 9th & Snyder in south Philly. You literally knocked on a door and then go up to a window and fill out a ticket and pay your cash and that was that.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

PHL_Mob wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 am Yeah the Creagh operation was going strong up until their 2017 bust. It was a very large scale operation throughout the entire city (literally). They brought in millions and had brick & mortar locations throughout every low-income neighborhood throughout the city and several locations in south philly that wee known by the guys downtown. The Creagh’s had been LCN associates for years so I’m sure they were kicking up. My guess is they’re back up and running or someone else picked up their action as it seemed to be extremely lucrative. People will still play the street number even in today’s world because you don’t pay taxes on winnings and the odds of wining are much better than the State Lotteries. Also, you can bet as little as 10 cents and upwards of as much as you want, which is extremely appealing to the low-income player and illegal immigrants etc.
Wow ,interesting wonder who Creagh was working with after Joey Pungitore went to Jail in 87. The money the Creagh’s were pulling in ,wonder if Pungitore wanted it back when he got out / or got it back. I tend to think people underestimate the amount of money Philly is pulling in.

Yeah several reason for The numbers racket to keep going ,The odds are way better ,the amount to bet , no wait for payouts , easy access, , no taxes etc etc.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

I had no idea that numbers was this big in Philly
in today's world. Store front windows to buy the #'s?!
You learn something new every day.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I’ll bet on anything and everything, my personal low point every year is when I put a few dimes on Little League World Series games every August...
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

NJShore4Life wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:39 pm I’ll bet on anything and everything, my personal low point every year is when I put a few dimes on Little League World Series games every August...
yeah thats sad lol

I play no limit hold em at least i have a chance haha
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"