Some questions on Chicago

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Some questions on Chicago

Post by slimshady_007 »

I read that in the 2000’s there was an incredible amount of tension within the outfit, specifically between mike sarno and the later presumed dead anthony zizzo. Does anyone know what John DiFronzo’s role in this beef was? Also, who were some of anthony zizzo’s supporters and how was thier reaction to zizzo’s disappearance?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Some questions on Chicago

Post by Snakes »

You could probably answer "unknown" for all of these questions. I've seen an article on Scott B's website that stated DiFronzo moderated the beef between Sarno and Zizzo (and maybe even approved the hit) but that's about it. The Zizzo hit wasn't mentioned during Sarno's trial.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Seriously doubt DiFronzo moderated anything. He had already backed away before 2006 when Zizzo had disappeared. There is no evidence of him ever meeting or moderating with anyone outside of his small elite group of Elmwood Park people. The most logical opinion is that he didn't care what happened between Sarno & Zizzo.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Confederate wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:04 pm Seriously doubt DiFronzo moderated anything. He had already backed away before 2006 when Zizzo had disappeared. There is no evidence of him ever meeting or moderating with anyone outside of his small elite group of Elmwood Park people. The most logical opinion is that he didn't care what happened between Sarno & Zizzo.
Agreed but supposedly andriacchi was involved to some extent I believe with setting up zizzo according to Scott. Andriacchi was supposed to be mediating the beef between zizzo and sarno and zizzo was on his way to meet andriacchi when he got in a vehicle with someone and was never seen again. The oldest ruse in the book he trusted Joey a who set him up. Venas crew was supposedly the ones that carried out the hit if I’m remembering that article correctly. Based on the fact that this was a Cicero problem I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was carried out by Cicero and andriacchi and vena had nothing to do with it. Who knows
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Pete wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 pm
Confederate wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:04 pm Seriously doubt DiFronzo moderated anything. He had already backed away before 2006 when Zizzo had disappeared. There is no evidence of him ever meeting or moderating with anyone outside of his small elite group of Elmwood Park people. The most logical opinion is that he didn't care what happened between Sarno & Zizzo.
Agreed but supposedly andriacchi was involved to some extent I believe with setting up zizzo according to Scott. Andriacchi was supposed to be mediating the beef between zizzo and sarno and zizzo was on his way to meet andriacchi when he got in a vehicle with someone and was never seen again. The oldest ruse in the book he trusted Joey a who set him up. Venas crew was supposedly the ones that carried out the hit if I’m remembering that article correctly. Based on the fact that this was a Cicero problem I also wouldn’t be surprised if it was carried out by Cicero and andriacchi and vena had nothing to do with it. Who knows
You're right about one thing "Who Knows". The Feds don't even know what happened so I seriously doubt our friend Scott B. would know anything about it, especially since his Articles have been riddled with blatant errors and inconsistencies that You & I & Pogo & Wisguy & Sonny B. have pointed out numerous times.
Hellboy
Honorary Member

Post by Hellboy »

A lot of speculation
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

slimshady_007 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:26 pm I read that in the 2000’s there was an incredible amount of tension within the outfit, specifically between mike sarno and the later presumed dead anthony zizzo. Does anyone know what John DiFronzo’s role in this beef was? Also, who were some of anthony zizzo’s supporters and how was thier reaction to zizzo’s disappearance?
Zizzo, Marcello, and the Hatch Chiaramonti were Melrose Park guys and came up under former Outfit Bosses Joey Aiuppa and Sam Carlisi. Both Zizzo and Chiaramonti being wacked when Marcello was incarcerated and with Sarno involved in both hits. To me it is another Outfit time period that is confusing. Unless Marcello signed off on both hits, it almost seems like Sarno had more power than Marcello.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wasn't there also talk of the Hatch extorting the Daddinos and Rudy Fratto going to DiFronzo about it. So the Hatch might of been wacked for multiple reasons. With reports of Marcello becoming Boss when he got out of prison, it sure seems like Sarno was always stepping on Marcello toes. Maybe they had a closerworking relationship than we think and the reasons for those 2 hits aren't as cut and dryed as we think
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Frank wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 am Wasn't there also talk of the Hatch extorting the Daddinos and Rudy Fratto going to DiFronzo about it. So the Hatch might of been wacked for multiple reasons. With reports of Marcello becoming Boss when he got out of prison, it sure seems like Sarno was always stepping on Marcello toes. Maybe they had a closerworking relationship than we think and the reasons for those 2 hits aren't as cut and dryed as we think
My take on it is that after Marcello was indicted in 2005 and was not released on bond, Sarno made his move and took over Cicero and wacked Marcello's man (Zizzo) in 2006 to control the video poker machine racket in that area. Elmwood Park just watched from the sidelines.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Confederate wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:18 am
Frank wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 am Wasn't there also talk of the Hatch extorting the Daddinos and Rudy Fratto going to DiFronzo about it. So the Hatch might of been wacked for multiple reasons. With reports of Marcello becoming Boss when he got out of prison, it sure seems like Sarno was always stepping on Marcello toes. Maybe they had a closerworking relationship than we think and the reasons for those 2 hits aren't as cut and dryed as we think
My take on it is that after Marcello was indicted in 2005 and was not released on bond, Sarno made his move and took over Cicero and wacked Marcello's man (Zizzo) in 2006 to control the video poker machine racket in that area. Elmwood Park just watched from the sidelines.
With Marcello locked up for more than a year at the time of the Zizzo hit, Sarno could have been acting boss for a while. Maybe he become boss right after Marcello was indicted.There was something out there that stated that Marcello got word to Zizzo to back off. And yes the little readings from Scott , Fosco and others could be true or not accurate at all.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

One of the points I'm trying to make is with both of the Marcello guys killed and Sarno being involved in both, it always seemed that Sarno and Marcello were enemies. Maybe this isn't true, with the possibility that both Zizzo and the Hatch being out of line so much that Marcello had no choice but to sign off on the hits. And also the possibility that there was nothing to sign off on because his rank could possibly be not acting boss of the entire Outfit, but street boss of Melrose Park - Cicero and the South territory. I say this because Family Secrets does not mention Marcello as Boss of the Outfit. There seems to be a clusterfuck of bosses. Conventional wisdom is that Marcello was to be made boss upon release from prison in 2003. Then why was his man killed in 2001? It just seems like a guy with that power wouldn't be losing his top men.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Hatch seemed to be stepping on a lot of toes. He was literally pushing Frank Schweihs around, which is never a good thing for your health. I can't imagine Marcello would put up much of a fight over that. By the time Zizzo vanished, Marcello was gone for good.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:03 pm Hatch seemed to be stepping on a lot of toes. He was literally pushing Frank Schweihs around, which is never a good thing for your health. I can't imagine Marcello would put up much of a fight over that. By the time Zizzo vanished, Marcello was gone for good.
Yes that was my original thought, that he couldn't object or in the Zizzo case, do anything about it. It's kind of interesting if we will ever find out if Sarno was boss before or after the Zizzo hit. I would think they had to install someone shortly after Marcello was arrested. Tornabene is a possibility, seeing there was reports if him being driven around town by one of the Carusos.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Sarno may have been the only guy that wanted it (except for maybe Zizzo). Tornabene was in his mid-eighties by that point and may not have played as active a role as some thought at the time.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:34 pm Sarno may have been the only guy that wanted it (except for maybe Zizzo). Tornabene was in his mid-eighties by that point and may not have played as active a role as some thought at the time.
Yes I get the feeling that Sarno become boss after the Zizzo hit or that Zizzo was pretty stupid to butt heads with the boss if Sarno was already boss. I could see Tornabene coming out of retirement for a short period of time, but I believe he was done when Sarno took over. I guess Zizzo could have had a beef with Sarno being boss, because he was basically representing Marcello astill current or ex boss. Well it's safe to say the rest of the administration either ended up backing Sarno or took a blind eye approach. That part is interesting, because I thought that Marcello had a chance to beat that case. Unless Spilotro's daughter knew Marcello and his voice or maybe Spilotro told her who it was, I just don't see him being found guilty on a 20 year old phone call.