Frank Narducci Case (Update 5/16: Narducci Pleads Guilty

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Re: Rumor Narducci arrested in Philly

Post by PHL_Mob »

The Grandes always were at odds with the Pungitores. To the point where Wayne Grande would walk into Joey Punge’s bar at 15th & Wolf and play “that’s what friends are for” on the jukebox (Joey Pung was Salvie’s best friend and forced to set him up to the point of tears). Grandes were real petty and treacherous and were even playing games while in jail during the ‘88 RICO trial when they were all being held in Holmesburg together. When they all got out, Pung didn’t want Joe Grande around (Wayne Grande has already flipped in early 90s) so he told Ligambi that’s joey grande was still loyal to Scarfo, which was true and told him he should be clipped. This was also around the time that Scarfo Sr & Jr were trying to make moves in Philly and reaching out to made guys so it was a two-angled play for Pung. You can find all of this in the Licata Detention Memo. Joe Pung ain’t no dummy and he knows how to play the games. He’s also smart and a class act. He’s the definition of true LCN.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Here's the thing Pete, an eight year plea at Phil's age isn't much of a plea. Also, the indictment doesn't tell you much about the case from Phil's end. I'd be highly surprised if some tape exists where Phil tossed the CI around demanding he pay a loan. If there was a tape with violence he gets picked up the same day. The tapes they have are probably Gallo using Phil's name to collect the money and the CI's word that Phil roughed him up. They are going to have to track the money to Phil in some way independent of the CI, remember this CI was looking at his own case. Phil is his get-out-of-jail free card, just like Borgesi was Lou Monacello's way out. I think juries are wiser, they want more than some scumbag's word who was facing 20 years of his own that this money came from Phil. Maybe the loan was for this guy's drug transaction.

Just saying not to take any indictment at face value, thats the Feds best foot forward. There are cheaper lawyers than McMonagle who are decent enough to get you an eight year deal. You cough up the retainer for a guy like McMonagle, might be $250k up front with another $250k for trial, if you believe there is a chance to fight the charge. Gallo is the one in the ringer here if Phil fights the charge, he will have heavy pressure to plead and get out of the way so Phil can point the finger at him. However, his offer may not be so good to try and keep him at the table with Phil.

Anyone know who represents Gallo?
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

PHL_Mob wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:43 am The Grandes always were at odds with the Pungitores. To the point where Wayne Grande would walk into Joey Punge’s bar at 15th & Wolf and play “that’s what friends are for” on the jukebox (Joey Pung was Salvie’s best friend and forced to set him up to the point of tears). Grandes were real petty and treacherous and were even playing games while in jail during the ‘88 RICO trial.

Games like how ?
Salve was making tons of money and had all kinds of things going on before he was murdered , who ended up getting Salve’s “businesses “ ?
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Games like Grande would whisper in another guy's ear while they were in jail together and look at Pung across the room pretending to imply that the two were talking/gossiping about Pung... Those sort of games. Girly BS. And yeah, the Grande's were more than willing to help pick-off Salvie Testa because they were one of a handful of people who inherited a major portion of Salvie's rackets. They were treacherous and petty in a very, very treacherous time of Philly LCN history to put it simply...
Tony Monte
Straightened out

Post by Tony Monte »

I think it was in Blood and Honor and it said Wayne got 25% of Salvies business
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Scarfo and Sal Merlino took over Salvy's 1/3 interest in a bookmaking operation with Tommy DelGiorno and Joey Pungitore. I believe Pungitore took over his interest in the meth business.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

PHL_Mob wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:43 am The Grandes always were at odds with the Pungitores. To the point where Wayne Grande would walk into Joey Punge’s bar at 15th & Wolf and play “that’s what friends are for” on the jukebox (Joey Pung was Salvie’s best friend and forced to set him up to the point of tears). Grandes were real petty and treacherous and were even playing games while in jail during the ‘88 RICO trial when they were all being held in Holmesburg together. When they all got out, Pung didn’t want Joe Grande around (Wayne Grande has already flipped in early 90s) so he told Ligambi that’s joey grande was still loyal to Scarfo, which was true and told him he should be clipped. This was also around the time that Scarfo Sr & Jr were trying to make moves in Philly and reaching out to made guys so it was a two-angled play for Pung. You can find all of this in the Licata Detention Memo. Joe Pung ain’t no dummy and he knows how to play the games. He’s also smart and a class act. He’s the definition of true LCN.
Yeah I remember reading that, that is ice cold!
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:31 am
PHL_Mob wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:43 am The Grandes always were at odds with the Pungitores. To the point where Wayne Grande would walk into Joey Punge’s bar at 15th & Wolf and play “that’s what friends are for” on the jukebox (Joey Pung was Salvie’s best friend and forced to set him up to the point of tears). Grandes were real petty and treacherous and were even playing games while in jail during the ‘88 RICO trial when they were all being held in Holmesburg together. When they all got out, Pung didn’t want Joe Grande around (Wayne Grande has already flipped in early 90s) so he told Ligambi that’s joey grande was still loyal to Scarfo, which was true and told him he should be clipped. This was also around the time that Scarfo Sr & Jr were trying to make moves in Philly and reaching out to made guys so it was a two-angled play for Pung. You can find all of this in the Licata Detention Memo. Joe Pung ain’t no dummy and he knows how to play the games. He’s also smart and a class act. He’s the definition of true LCN.
Yeah I remember reading that, that is ice cold!
No joke, that's pretty damn ruthless!
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Joey Pungitore has to be haunted every single day of his life thinking about Salvie....but then again he could just chalk it up to LCN if he’s that hardcore and devoted.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:53 am Joey Pungitore has to be haunted every single day of his life thinking about Salvie....but then again he could just chalk it up to LCN if he’s that hardcore and devoted.
I bet it still bothers him from everything I have read about the incident.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:58 am
NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:53 am Joey Pungitore has to be haunted every single day of his life thinking about Salvie....but then again he could just chalk it up to LCN if he’s that hardcore and devoted.
To his day it still surprises me that none of the made members
under Scarfo did not kill Nicky. The number of members Scarfo killed
would have provided the justification needed to take to NY &
the commission for the green light.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:57 am
You think they would have agreed? I thought he had the support of the Westside and Gambinos?
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

One of the reasons scarfo was boss was because if his connections to New York (specifically the genovese family). Would you go to ny with a beef knowing that if they didn’t agree with you 100% you would almost certainly be dead. Tough call to make.
Fatso
Prospect

Post by Fatso »

He didn't kill many members, and was well liked by most guys from most accounts.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:23 am
You think they would have agreed? I thought he had the support of the Westside and Gambinos?
I know Scarfo was tight with Bobby Manna. But if Salvie and Leonetti went
up to NY they might have gotten permission. Or to your point, they might have
received the same treatment as Tony Bananas did. lol. Could have gone either way.
Leonetti spoke about wanting to kill his uncle. I don't think any of the Philly members
would have voted against killing Nicky. If a unanimous Philly member vote
was presented to the NY bosses, it might have held sway. All speculation
of course.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'