Frank Narducci Case (Update 5/16: Narducci Pleads Guilty

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Rumor Narducci arrested in Philly

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Well considering how the Nicodemo and Cosby cases turned out this doesn't bode well for Narducci. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

I can’t tell if this is a play where he (Phil) truly feels he can beat the case based upon lack of evidence/ability to discredit this “victim” or if he’s just true-blue LCN and refuses to plead guilty. Got to remember that this guy was willing to do a life sentence based on the fact that the only reason he was ever released was because the Flowers case was overturned. He’s on “house time” as it is so either scenario makes sense, but if he cops a plea he could end up doing less than fighting it... Will be interesting for us to see the evidence discovery if it ends up actually going to trial!
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Sarcasm aside Pogo, Cosby got a hung jury with McMonagle and Nicodemo got a mistrial on his first degree murder case. McMonagle told Cosby to shove his cronies and yes-men up his ass and put on an aggressive but reasonable and respectful defense(acknowledging that Cosby may have been a scumbag and screwed everything that walked but Costand was extorting him over consensual sex). Then Cosby fired him because of it and hired 2016 trial lawyer of the year Tom Mesereau (future trial attorney hall of fame member and Jacko defense architect) and paid him a mil on the condition that Cosby would be in charge of the defense and that his people be allowed to try the case in the media. Now he will likely die in prison because of it.

McMonagle took that Nicodemo case and made the best diamond he could out of a lump of shit. He was knocking jurors off with challenges left and right and the State gave him the opening with the leaked jury tampering charges. He was smart enough to recognize that things could only get better with a mistrial and pushed aggressively for it. That doesn't take a rocket scientist buts its testament to how respected he is that he opened with the ridiculous hijack theory and the State still offered a plea that will let Nicodemo see daylight someday. Those things don't by luck or accident, that comes from hard, smart work in the trenches. Trying tough cases and getting good results. Look at his record. That guy is one of the best at what he does and he isn't in it for the headlines. Good indication that Narducci is going to fight his charges tooth and nail. Certainly make things more interesting, that's for sure.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:52 pm Phil hired Brian McMonagle as his defense attorney , looks like he will be fighting hard. McMonagle is one of the best lawyers money can buy. McMonagle was Nicodemo’s lawyer for the DiPietro hit along with Frank DePasquale (Johnny Chang’s Cousin and made Guy in Philly LCN) as his co counsel. McMonagle also defended Bill Cosby.
Even when someone pleads out they still get the best lawyer they can. This is a definite plea they got Phil he has no way to win this case. Not gonna risk 20 years with his record when he could plead out for much less. Based on the case I would think 8 years would be on the high end he could plead for less
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Great posts PHL, NJ and dac 👍
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

PHL_Mob wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:08 pm I can’t tell if this is a play where he (Phil) truly feels he can beat the case based upon lack of evidence/ability to discredit this “victim” or if he’s just true-blue LCN and refuses to plead guilty. Got to remember that this guy was willing to do a life sentence based on the fact that the only reason he was ever released was because the Flowers case was overturned. He’s on “house time” as it is so either scenario makes sense, but if he cops a plea he could end up doing less than fighting it... Will be interesting for us to see the evidence discovery if it ends up actually going to trial!
Can you obtain a copy of the indictment? It’s public record.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

JCB1977 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:44 pm
PHL_Mob wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:08 pm I can’t tell if this is a play where he (Phil) truly feels he can beat the case based upon lack of evidence/ability to discredit this “victim” or if he’s just true-blue LCN and refuses to plead guilty. Got to remember that this guy was willing to do a life sentence based on the fact that the only reason he was ever released was because the Flowers case was overturned. He’s on “house time” as it is so either scenario makes sense, but if he cops a plea he could end up doing less than fighting it... Will be interesting for us to see the evidence discovery if it ends up actually going to trial!
Can you obtain a copy of the indictment? It’s public record.
You are so slow. It was posted within the first 2 pages, wtf is wrong with you?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:52 pm Phil hired Brian McMonagle as his defense attorney , looks like he will be fighting hard. McMonagle is one of the best lawyers money can buy. McMonagle was Nicodemo’s lawyer for the DiPietro hit along with Frank DePasquale (Johnny Chang’s Cousin and made Guy in Philly LCN) as his co counsel. McMonagle also defended Bill Cosby.
The lawyer is made?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

I think it was an officer from Philly police who ID'd DePasquale as made during the Ligambi trial, when looking at recordings of the 2009 Christmas party
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

If anyone wants to read the indictment, Narducci and Gallo were set up like a bowling pins.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-relea ... 1/download
Breadman
Straightened out

Post by Breadman »

all interesting stuff. Thank you for all your posts. I've seen it in a number of treads , does anyone know what the beef between Joey Punge and Joe Grande is about?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Breadman wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:38 am all interesting stuff. Thank you for all your posts. I've seen it in a number of treads , does anyone know what the beef between Joey Punge and Joe Grande is about?
It never came out specifically what caused Pungitore to try and get Grande killed but there's historically been bad blood between the two. Phil Leonetti described Grande always trying to get on Punge's nerves, making it look like they were talking about him and everything. Leonetti also claims that once they all got arrested Scarfo told him if he got out on bail he was to kill Grande and his brother (also Scarfo's wife) but that never happened obviously
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Hopefully this case goes to trial. Obtaining trial transcripts is pretty simple, they give a lot of great information.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Fatso
Prospect

Post by Fatso »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:53 am
Breadman wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:38 am all interesting stuff. Thank you for all your posts. I've seen it in a number of treads , does anyone know what the beef between Joey Punge and Joe Grande is about?
It never came out specifically what caused Pungitore to try and get Grande killed but there's historically been bad blood between the two. Phil Leonetti described Grande always trying to get on Punge's nerves, making it look like they were talking about him and everything. Leonetti also claims that once they all got arrested Scarfo told him if he got out on bail he was to kill Grande and his brother (also Scarfo's wife) but that never happened obviously
It did come out. Joe Licata told Nick Stefanelli, who was wired up, that Grande was still loyal to Scarfo and Pungitore was, at that point, aligned with Merlino & Ligambi.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

joeycigars wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:58 am If anyone wants to read the indictment, Narducci and Gallo were set up like a bowling pins.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-relea ... 1/download
Thanks, didn’t see it.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP