Vincent Gigante murders

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Petespin
Associate

Re: Vincent Gigante murders

Post by Petespin »

Manhattan_ wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:43 am July 28, 1956 James Rocerto , Michael Langone , Louis Musto were heisting crap games in NYC that were partnered by Tommy Eboli and Carmine Lombardozzi. The bodies of Rocerto and Langone were found in the trunk of a car on the lower east side of NYC. Police revealed both were slain with a ax. Louis Musto was thrown into a furnace alive and completely burned.

The murders of Roberto and Langone were verified when their bodies were found, yet the reason for their murder was never known for certain. What happened to Louis Musto and whether or not he was tied to the first two killings Is unknown, his body was never found and it is not known if he was ever actualy murdered. The story of Louis Musto being tossed into a furnace originated in a book by an informant, but from what I gathered seemed to come from the author speculating on what happened. I cannot recall the name of the book. It was by an Irish gangster.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Petespin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:29 pm
Manhattan_ wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:43 am July 28, 1956 James Rocerto , Michael Langone , Louis Musto were heisting crap games in NYC that were partnered by Tommy Eboli and Carmine Lombardozzi. The bodies of Rocerto and Langone were found in the trunk of a car on the lower east side of NYC. Police revealed both were slain with a ax. Louis Musto was thrown into a furnace alive and completely burned.

The murders of Roberto and Langone were verified when their bodies were found, yet the reason for their murder was never known for certain. What happened to Louis Musto and whether or not he was tied to the first two killings Is unknown, his body was never found and it is not known if he was ever actualy murdered. The story of Louis Musto being tossed into a furnace originated in a book by an informant, but from what I gathered seemed to come from the author speculating on what happened. I cannot recall the name of the book. It was by an Irish gangster.
Greg Scarpa told about Louis Musto being killed in 1958. He was later identified by FBI as a made Luchese member.
There you have it, never printed before.
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

Frank piccolo from Connecticut
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:37 pm Here are some more.

Thomas Vastano (1980)
Carlo “Charlie” DiPetro (1981)
George Zappola (1982)
Fraank DeCicco (1986)
John “Johnny Dee” DiGilio (1988)
Anthony “Hickey” DiLorenzo (1988)
Ralph DeSimone (1991)
Ralph Coppola (1998)
Adolfo "Big Al" Bruno (2003)
Lawrence "Larry" Ricci (2005) - Possibly
About ralph coppala, I thought barney gave the green light, not chin. Or did both give the ok on the hit.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Well Gigante was the Boss. The killing of a Capo would have ultimately had to have been OKed by him.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Super
Straightened out

Post by Super »

who could the chin of killed you had the attempt on frank any others??
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Since we’re on the topic of ralph coppala, was anyone ever convicted of directly taking part in the murder?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Scoop DeLuca was hit with murder conspiracy for RC I believe .

Also about Chin hits , I believe they have Gotti on recording talking about how made guys killed due to selling drugs were usually taken out by Chin and Baldy Dom . Something like their crew were always the last visit the victims had been seen with . Article led one to believe Gotti was somewhat fearful of the Chin , if it’s accurate .

That’s a fearless guy tho to happily take out made drug dealers :)
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

who's the guy that chin and his brother allegedly threw off the roof?

what about the granello hit?
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:40 pm who's the guy that chin and his brother allegedly threw off the roof?

what about the granello hit?
Both the Consalvo brothers were thrown off a building...or out a window . First Carmine Consalvo and then his brother Frank awhile later. They were dubbed 'the flying Consalvo brothers'.

Pretty sure the Genovese killed Carmine but I'm not sure if they were involved in Frank's death.

I remember them talking about it on the old Crime Inc documentary. I believe it was in the Birthright of gangsters epsiode.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game