Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:45 am
PogueMahone wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:42 pm Domenico Violo up for parole:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/canada ... bout-mafia

Please delete if it was already posted
Good find.

For context he was sentenced in Dec 18.

Eligible for parole after not even 3 years for importing 260,000 pills including fentanyl. What a joke.
Well, you know, they found he maintained institutional employment, learned to play guitar and attended church services so we can just forget about the mountain of poison he was moving. I swear they staff these parole boards with the dumbest people alive.
All roads lead to New York.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:14 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:45 am
PogueMahone wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:42 pm Domenico Violo up for parole:

https://montrealgazette.com/news/canada ... bout-mafia

Please delete if it was already posted
Good find.

For context he was sentenced in Dec 18.

Eligible for parole after not even 3 years for importing 260,000 pills including fentanyl. What a joke.
Well, you know, they found he maintained institutional employment, learned to play guitar and attended church services so we can just forget about the mountain of poison he was moving. I swear they staff these parole boards with the dumbest people alive.
They denied him, but he pulled some legalese....
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Just want to piggy back onto one of the posts on the page earlier. It's a bold claim, but I think the Peace Bridge between Ontario and Buffalo could rival the importance of any southern border crossing (Mexico-US) when it comes to being a conduit for drug trafficking. Likewise for the more remote crossings between Quebec and New York - where there is an Indian reservation lining part of the border. When I was growing up in the late 90s, when pot all of a sudden changed from the dried out, shit Mexican brick weed to BC bud and better quality indoor stuff - it was common knowledge that everything (bud, ecstacy, even coke) was coming into NY from Canada.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wow so violi is out already huh?? That can be a interesting twist in this Buffalo story if he gets active….

Canada once again… amazes me
All the taxes used for LE and they get a couplea years??

These idiots in nyc need to go to canada
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
No, he has continued to stay in prison all this time.

His application for parole was denied back in April. Two weeks ago, he was successful in arguing his application should be heard anew.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Violi to the parole board: "Don't you know I made history?"
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:59 am Just want to piggy back onto one of the posts on the page earlier. It's a bold claim, but I think the Peace Bridge between Ontario and Buffalo could rival the importance of any southern border crossing (Mexico-US) when it comes to being a conduit for drug trafficking. Likewise for the more remote crossings between Quebec and New York - where there is an Indian reservation lining part of the border. When I was growing up in the late 90s, when pot all of a sudden changed from the dried out, shit Mexican brick weed to BC bud and better quality indoor stuff - it was common knowledge that everything (bud, ecstacy, even coke) was coming into NY from Canada.
This is a point I've made before.....that the border could be amongst their most valuable resources, and possibly that's why the Canadians are important to Buffalo and possibly the Bonnanos. I even, basically I think their core operations could revolve around smuggling and the border, weed, coke, cigs, pills....

WHOMEVER controls the routes up there, you become the northern equivalent of the Mexican narcos. It's why it's a major thing if the Mexicans get a strong pressence in Canada. It weakens everyone else in the trade. It's also the reason I pay close attention to who's controlling the routes.

Just look at Montreal. There isnt a mafiosi worth mentioning who isnt knee deep in drugs, especially coke.
They just heard testimony in court that they wont even hit Miriarchi because they need his connections.

To me, it's the routes that make the Canadian mafia go......
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Cue argument in 5,4,3......., lol
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

B. wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:43 pm Violi to the parole board: "Don't you know I made history?"
Thanks B. Having to clean my coffee off my computer screen.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:24 pm ^^^^
Lawsuit claims a Hamilton city manager and a bylaw officer conspired with mobster Pat Musitano in soil dumping scam

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-r ... -scam.html

In case you hit a paywall:

https://outline.com/pj4a72
City says well water safe from polluted dirt mountain

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/the- ... 2/textview
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Article concerns Paul Manning and Hamilton Councillor Sam Merulla. It also mentions Pat and Angelo Musitano.

Was a Hamilton city councillor investigated in connection with the Mob?
By Susan Clairmont, Spectator Columnist
Tue., Oct. 5, 2021

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilton-r ... e-mob.html

In case you hit a paywall:

https://outline.com/YN9HM5
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:59 am Just want to piggy back onto one of the posts on the page earlier. It's a bold claim, but I think the Peace Bridge between Ontario and Buffalo could rival the importance of any southern border crossing (Mexico-US) when it comes to being a conduit for drug trafficking. Likewise for the more remote crossings between Quebec and New York - where there is an Indian reservation lining part of the border. When I was growing up in the late 90s, when pot all of a sudden changed from the dried out, shit Mexican brick weed to BC bud and better quality indoor stuff - it was common knowledge that everything (bud, ecstacy, even coke) was coming into NY from Canada.
I've spent a lot of time in the thousand islands on the St. Lawrence river between New York and Ontario, I've been told there is ZERO border portal or police precense on Indian reservations on the Canadian/US border
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

moneyman wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:25 pm
I've spent a lot of time in the thousand islands on the St. Lawrence river between New York and Ontario, I've been told there is ZERO border portal or police precense on Indian reservations on the Canadian/US border
I'm pretty sure it's still like that. I've always heard there are crossings on one of the reservations into Quebec with no demarcations, fences, nothing - just a few steps through the woods (I doubt it's friendly terrain) and you're in Canada. There were also a ton of entries via the waterways (specifically Lake Ontario) where, not too long ago in the grand scheme of things, you could just roll right up crossing from Canada into NY - on Lake Ontario there were unmanned check-in points with a hardwired phone that you'd use to call customs and give your name, do a quick interview, etc. that's it. The shoreline of the lake is ridiculously big...I guess it's still pretty sketchy if a boat rolls right up to the beach and people start unloading cargo in the middle of nowhere...but there's no doubt that stuff is being sent across the lake to and from Canada...
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

moneyman wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:25 pm
There isn't, my understanding is that the RCMP does not have jurisdiction on the Akwesasne reserve where a lot of the smuggling is taking place. They did set up a roadblock on the lone highway in/out a few years back, so the smugglers stopped using it. There's just way too much wilderness around that area and the reserve is absolutely massive, its territory covers area in both ON and QC. It actually covers land on both sides of the river, so part of it is in the US as well. Kind of a perfect storm for smugglers.

I guess it's still pretty sketchy if a boat rolls right up to the beach and people start unloading cargo in the middle of nowhere...but there's no doubt that stuff is being sent across the lake to and from Canada...

That's actually what happens apparently

https://nationalpost.com/health/contrab ... olice-say/
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:34 am
UTC wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 pm And there's pro wrestler Johnny K-9 right in the middle.
Peter Edwards looks at another cold case (double homicide), this time from November 1998. This article was published last Sunday (May 16).

"Wrestling with who killed lawyer, husband. The prime suspect was Satan's Choice biker who once fought Hulk Hogan."

https://pressreader.com/article/281633898127600
Recent articles to which I’ve linked below are about Johnny K-9.

Bombing of Sudbury Police station featured in latest episode of pro wrestling doc https://www.sudbury.com/local-news/bomb ... oc-4498991

Dark Side of the Ring Season 3 Examines Johnny K9's Double Life
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/dark-side-o ... uble-life/