Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Dave65827 »

In the old Mob museum interview with an agent that helped in the investigation said Violi was supposedly in the talking stages of committing murder contracts in the United States and that this is why they pulled the plug along with Morena being outed as an informant. Any interesting theories on who he could’ve meant ? Is it bullshit?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Dave65827 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:36 pm In the old Mob museum interview with an agent that helped in the investigation said Violi was supposedly in the talking stages of committing murder contracts in the United States and that this is why they pulled the plug along with Morena being outed as an informant. Any interesting theories on who he could’ve meant ? Is it bullshit?
List is endless. Theres 12 CIs in Buffalo alone since 2017 giving info. Could be non Italians. Could be bullshit.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

SantoClaus wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:31 am
Moscone65 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:28 pm
Not sure but I think he had HA connections in niagara via nick nero. Nick Nero worked with martino caputo who was also a rizzuto connected guy like ranieri, in the gta.
Thanks man!
Tidbit. Nero was attacked bad in prison. Got his eye taken out
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Moscone65 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:55 am Could be someone related to the gambinos? Albert iavarone was killed seemingly in retaliation of Angelo, and his brother Tony was supposedly made in “L.A”. Leaning towards a possibility of some Gambino involvement but again not enough evidence to confirm.
That Al Iavarone being made in Los Angeles, but being from Canada is so intriguing to me. Its like he went through all this trouble to plan a vacation with his family in California just to get made there then go back to Canada to get hit. I wish I knew more. It would explain the tentacles of the mob and the reach they have imo
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Tony was made, not Al if I m reading right. Also, interesting/suspicious that Iavarone would be made in LA if Dom Violi was underboss and speculatively would have power to make him. Unless he was in prison at this point and Iavarone didnt want to wait. But then why wouldnt Rocco or Natale make him if he wanted it so bad? Are the Iavarones on bad terms with the Violi/Luppino/Todaro group?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

https://www.thestar.com/podcasts/thisma ... er.html?rf

Yet another reporter cross checking Violis Underboss claims and concluding its a true statement. No reason for him to lie knowing it would get out to other people that he was a liar if other rank and file guys found out he said it. So Todaro either did it or the meeting in Florida between the two is completely fabricated. And ofcourse hes not going to admit to the Buffalo News he actually did do it when theybasked him recently. If Violi is lying, what would he benefit if Buffalo Family (NY) is seen as nothing anymore? He wouldnt. The Violis are seasoned mobsters who wouldnt just be running there mouth to another made guy about being the Underboss. Would never happen or hed be marked.

Violi left Court to a standing ovation.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:36 am https://www.thestar.com/podcasts/thisma ... er.html?rf

Yet another reporter cross checking Violis Underboss claims and concluding its a true statement. No reason for him to lie knowing it would get out to other people that he was a liar if other rank and file guys found out he said it. So Todaro either did it or the meeting in Florida between the two is completely fabricated. And ofcourse hes not going to admit to the Buffalo News he actually did do it when theybasked him recently. If Violi is lying, what would he benefit if Buffalo Family (NY) is seen as nothing anymore? He wouldnt. The Violis are seasoned mobsters who wouldnt just be running there mouth to another made guy about being the Underboss. Would never happen or hed be marked.

Nobody has disputed he holds the rank of underboss. Equating that with the continued existence of the family is your own supposition.
All roads lead to New York.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:26 am Tony was made, not Al if I m reading right.
Wasn't it Al? I remember that was one theory to his murder, Violi and the informant were recorded talking about it and then a year later Al ended up dead.

Does anyone have the original article that made the claim?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:12 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:36 am https://www.thestar.com/podcasts/thisma ... er.html?rf

Nobody has disputed he holds the rank of underboss. Equating that with the continued existence of the family is your own supposition.
So you believe he holds the rank of Underboss in a Family that isnt viable or functioning? Got it. Or just that the Canadians have taken over an American family for the sake of consolidation and Todaro is ceremonial but then he shows hes upset because one of Iavarones got made in LA without oking it with him or is it hes the actual appointee of Violi being underboss or not? Got it. And because I suppose even on this one point alone of him claiming the Underboss position it shows it to be an existent family with operational hierarchy, Im the one whos confused? Again, more babble from "Wise"guy. Trying to create riddles so that it now somehow looks like you agree with the rank he holds but that its a dead family (or not a dead family, not even sure your stance now after agreeing Violi in fact is the Underboss). Exhausting. Again, you know shit.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

OcSleeper wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:32 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:26 am Tony was made, not Al if I m reading right.
Wasn't it Al? I remember that was one theory to his murder, Violi and the informant were recorded talking about it and then a year later Al ended up dead.

Does anyone have the original article that made the claim?
If it was Al then Tony would already be made. And then the question is who made him. Buffalo or Canada? Most likely Carafagna and the other guy too would be at this point in my opinion.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:52 pmSo you believe he holds the rank of Underboss in a Family that isnt viable or functioning? Got it. Or just that the Canadians have taken over an American family for the sake of consolidation and Todaro is ceremonial but then he shows hes upset because one of Iavarones got made in LA without oking it with him or is it hes the actual appointee of Violi being underboss or not? Got it. And because I suppose even on this one point alone of him claiming the Underboss position it shows it to be an existent family with operational hierarchy, Im the one whos confused? Again, more babble from "Wise"guy. Trying to create riddles so that it now somehow looks like you agree with the rank he holds but that its a dead family (or not a dead family, not even sure your stance now after agreeing Violi in fact is the Underboss). Exhausting. Again, you know shit.
1aM9.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:59 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:52 pmSo you believe he holds the rank of Underboss in a Family that isnt viable or functioning? Got it. Or just that the Canadians have taken over an American family for the sake of consolidation and Todaro is ceremonial but then he shows hes upset because one of Iavarones got made in LA without oking it with him or is it hes the actual appointee of Violi being underboss or not? Got it. And because I suppose even on this one point alone of him claiming the Underboss position it shows it to be an existent family with operational hierarchy, Im the one whos confused? Again, more babble from "Wise"guy. Trying to create riddles so that it now somehow looks like you agree with the rank he holds but that its a dead family (or not a dead family, not even sure your stance now after agreeing Violi in fact is the Underboss). Exhausting. Again, you know shit.
1aM9.gif
Exactly. Youre passed out because you got so tired of backpeddling with riddles. Enjoy your sleep.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Federal sentencing delayed for ailing schoolteacher who admitted to drug trafficking and gun crimes
Dan Herbeck
Aug 29, 2021

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/fede ... -top-story
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

NickleCity wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:20 pm Federal sentencing delayed for ailing schoolteacher who admitted to drug trafficking and gun crimes
Dan Herbeck
Aug 29, 2021

"To Dump Old Files" -

Massechia was Bart Mazzaras son in law. Mazzara was a confirmed made member. In 1996 Mazzara was ousted from 210 along with the others. When Massechia was arrested in 2019 it was reported that he had been heavy into drug dealing for over 20 years. That would line up with the late nineties era (when reported instances of mob activity in Buffalo was plentiful). Putting him directly aligned with mid level management in that era and most likely responsible for paying tribute. It is reported that he is possibly made but at minimum a long time trusted associate
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

NickleCity wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:20 pm Federal sentencing delayed for ailing schoolteacher who admitted to drug trafficking and gun crimes
Dan Herbeck
Aug 29, 2021

It's gated. Anyway you can post the whole article.