Motorfab's Blog: Une Histoire de Crime Organisé

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

eboli
Full Patched

Re: I create a mob blog

Post by eboli »

Great work, motorfab! This guy dying in agonizing pain for three weeks and not revealing the name of the man who tried to assassinate him. Brutal.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

eboli wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:27 am Great work, motorfab! This guy dying in agonizing pain for three weeks and not revealing the name of the man who tried to assassinate him. Brutal.
Thanks eboli ! Yeah the whole story is brutal from the begining to the end. I mean just the murder of Ange Fontana is crazy ...
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Amazing article fella!!
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

aleksandrored wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:17 pm Amazing article fella!!
Thanks for the feedback !
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

The second and last part of the Corsican vendettas is online. This part is dedicated to Antoine Paolini and the Combinatie affair between 1952 and 1972 which has as its context the smuggling of cigarettes between the port of Tangier in Morocco and Marseille

https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... tie-2.html
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

The new blog article is online and is dedicated to the San Diego decina of the Los Angeles Crime Family.

Many thanks to B., Antiliar & J Michael Niotta for their help

https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... diego.html
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Motorfab's Blog: Une Histoire de Crime Organisé

Post by B. »

Fantastic work with this one. Great to have everything together with a lot of details I didn't know.

I think of Bomp as the Nicola Gentile of the 1960s-1970s based on how much he was able to explain in-depth and how many national connections he had.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Awesome, will check it out mon frère.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

B. wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:57 pm Fantastic work with this one. Great to have everything together with a lot of details I didn't know.

I think of Bomp as the Nicola Gentile of the 1960s-1970s based on how much he was able to explain in-depth and how many national connections he had.
Thanks, and again glad if I managed to bring something new to you with this.

I couldn't agree more about the comparison between Gentile & Bomp. Bomp gave as much valuable information as Gentile. If I had the talent and the patience to do it, I would write a book or a film script about Bompensiero. Not to mention he had a pretty epic life.
PolackTony wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:01 pm Awesome, will check it out mon frère.
Great, I hope you will like it frérot ;)
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Hi Motorfab - Very interesting read, thanks for sharing. Your write-up mentions that Scozzari replaced Tom Dragna as consigliere, whereas I was under the impression that Scozzari served in the role of underboss while Charles Dipppolito was the consigliere. I did a cursory search on Mary Ferrell and couldn't find any details on that. I'm curious where you get that information if you don't mind sharing. Thank you.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

nizarsoccer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:22 am Hi Motorfab - Very interesting read, thanks for sharing. Your write-up mentions that Scozzari replaced Tom Dragna as consigliere, whereas I was under the impression that Scozzari served in the role of underboss while Charles Dipppolito was the consigliere. I did a cursory search on Mary Ferrell and couldn't find any details on that. I'm curious where you get that information if you don't mind sharing. Thank you.
Hello nizarsoccer, first of all, thanks for reading and for the feedback. It looks I made a mistake and I must say that I didn't check this info regarding the post of consigliere and I did it just from my memory (looks like I was wrong). I believe I made this mistake thinking of Scozzari who replaced Adamo as underboss after his suicide in 1956

Anyway, I just checked and it looks like I made a mistake and it was Dippolito consigliere, so thank you very much for the correction. I'll change that right away and I credited you for that
Last edited by motorfab on Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

motorfab wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:26 am
nizarsoccer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:22 am Hi Motorfab - Very interesting read, thanks for sharing. Your write-up mentions that Scozzari replaced Tom Dragna as consigliere, whereas I was under the impression that Scozzari served in the role of underboss while Charles Dipppolito was the consigliere. I did a cursory search on Mary Ferrell and couldn't find any details on that. I'm curious where you get that information if you don't mind sharing. Thank you.
Hello nizarsoccer, first of all, thanks for reading and for the feedback. I think that indeed I made a mistake and that I wanted to say Licata instead of Scozzari. I must say that I didn't check this info regarding the post of consigliere and I did it just from my memory (looks like I was wrong). I believe I made this mistake thinking of Scozzari who replaced Adamo as underboss after his suicide in 1956

Anyway, it looks like I made a mistake and it was Dippolito consigliere, so thank you very much for the correction. I'll change that right away ! And I credited you for that
Thank you for the clarification. If anything, you should credit JoePuzzles234 since he pointed this out to me in a chat. I merely asked based on what he told me. Awesome stuff though, the Limandri's are very interesting to me, so thanks for putting them and their regime in context.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

nizarsoccer wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:37 am Thank you for the clarification. If anything, you should credit JoePuzzles234 since he pointed this out to me in a chat. I merely asked based on what he told me. Awesome stuff though, the Limandri's are very interesting to me, so thanks for putting them and their regime in context.
All good, thank you ;) Indeed the Limandri family is interesting
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Incredible, I recently read Fratianno's book and got interested in Los Angeles, I loved your article, reading the book and then your article was very interesting, your article is rich in details.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

aleksandrored wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:52 pm Incredible, I recently read Fratianno's book and got interested in Los Angeles, I loved your article, reading the book and then your article was very interesting, your article is rich in details.
Thank you very much alek, glad you liked it