DeCicco

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: DeCicco

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:05 am What are the guidelines/regulations when it comes to the g releasing classified documentation?
From what I understand, if you can provide evidence that the source of a file's intel was later publicly acknowledged as a cooperator by the government, they will release the information unredacted. Not sure how it pertains to court documents, but the latter should work for FBI docs.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Snakes wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:32 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:05 am What are the guidelines/regulations when it comes to the g releasing classified documentation?
From what I understand, if you can provide evidence that the source of a file's intel was later publicly acknowledged as a cooperator by the government, they will release the information unredacted. Not sure how it pertains to court documents, but the latter should work for FBI docs.
So they have to be petitioned?
There is no standard "All files 40 yrs old are automatically released" sort of thing?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:55 am
Snakes wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:32 am
So they have to be petitioned?
There is no standard "All files 40 yrs old are automatically released" sort of thing?
Not for the FBI. Their stance is the release of information which could potentially divulge the identity of confidential informants (even those long dead) could dissuade people in the present from informing. Obviously, if the source is still alive and the information more current, the primary (and understandable) concern is more for the safety of the informant and their family.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Wow. So if a file is never petitioned, it could never be released.
Crazy.
Would have assumed there'd be a 50yr statutory max or the like.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:14 am Wow. So if a file is never petitioned, it could never be released.
Crazy.
Would have assumed there'd be a 50yr statutory max or the like.
Sealed court documents could be released if a court order is obtained. I imagine you could do the same for an FBI file but it would depend on the circumstances surrounding the release. If it is via a FOIA request, you would have to appeal for release through the proper channels. If it is in a legal setting, you'd have to petition the court for release.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Thanks S. Appreciated.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I'm curious who this informant was from the mid-1980s (not positive it's all the same source but I believe it is). It's def not DeCicco given he died while this guy was still cooperating but he was in the same circles.

DeCicco murder:

- Wonder who the redacted name is that did time with Gotti.

Concrete info:

- The informant appears to have had access to Gotti, DeCicco, and DiBernardo and was very familiar with everything going on in the concrete business. If the rumor is true that Joe Watts was an informant he'd be in a position to know this info but nothing obvious pointing to him in these reports.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

B. wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:27 pm I'm curious who this informant was from the mid-1980s (not positive it's all the same source but I believe it is). It's def not DeCicco given he died while this guy was still cooperating but he was in the same circles.

DeCicco murder:

- Wonder who the redacted name is that did time with Gotti.

Concrete info:

- The informant appears to have had access to Gotti, DeCicco, and DiBernardo and was very familiar with everything going on in the concrete business. If the rumor is true that Joe Watts was an informant he'd be in a position to know this info but nothing obvious pointing to him in these reports.
Slightly off-topic, but this shows that the Gambino's and Genovese Families basically continued to run a smaller version of the concrete club then (because of continued control of Local 282 right?). Why were the Colombo's and Lucchese's fine with it, or I guess they weren't in a position to do much about it.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Maybe Willie boy? Was he outed by that time? He worked in construction I think did time
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Maybe he didn't do time.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Forgot about him. Definitely a possibility.

An informant (maybe the same one) also told the FBI that Sammy was likely behind the DB murder right after it happened. Pretty sure Sammy is mentioned in the above excerpts but naturally his name is redacted.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

I think there’s a potential case to be made that Angelo Ruggiero is the redacted person. How strong of a case is up for debate, but there are a few things that could point towards him.

- Obviously he knew Gotti way before prison, but there’s pictures of them serving time together in Lewisburg (maybe another prison?).
- from the tapes during the heroin trafficking case, he has a bad habit of talking too much about criminal activities (which also contributed to Gotti’s brother Gene getting convicted).
- he was obviously a very visible part of Gotti’s inner circle for a long time.
- He also fell out of favor with Gotti by the time of his death, so I don’t think it’s a big leap to suggest he would have had been on the short end of the stick during sit downs. Angelo also had a contentious relationship with DB (per Gravanos testimony).
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Ruggiero's name shows up in other reports from the same set, same with other well-known guys who died in the 1980s. They are sometimes selective with that stuff and he does fit the description pretty well, but this is someone the informant apparently suspected of plotting to kill DeCicco if I'm reading it right.
MightyDR
Straightened out

Post by MightyDR »

nizarsoccer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:19 pm Slightly off-topic, but this shows that the Gambino's and Genovese Families basically continued to run a smaller version of the concrete club then (because of continued control of Local 282 right?). Why were the Colombo's and Lucchese's fine with it, or I guess they weren't in a position to do much about it.
According to Vincent Cafaro, the Genovese and Gambino families controlled the concrete business in Manhattan because of Local 282 and were able to keep the others out because of the strength of their families. But then Fat Tony and Castellano had a falling out with one of their concrete guys, so they let the other families in and formed the club. I guess after the Commission trial they decided to revert back to how things originally were.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

MightyDR wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:35 am
nizarsoccer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:19 pm Slightly off-topic, but this shows that the Gambino's and Genovese Families basically continued to run a smaller version of the concrete club then (because of continued control of Local 282 right?). Why were the Colombo's and Lucchese's fine with it, or I guess they weren't in a position to do much about it.
According to Vincent Cafaro, the Genovese and Gambino families controlled the concrete business in Manhattan because of Local 282 and were able to keep the others out because of the strength of their families. But then Fat Tony and Castellano had a falling out with one of their concrete guys, so they let the other families in and formed the club. I guess after the Commission trial they decided to revert back to how things originally were.
Thank you for that color.