DeCicco

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: DeCicco

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:52 pm
B. wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:06 pm Tony Mirra was killed because his uncle had paperwork against him.
Reference?
Massino testified that Al Embaratto showed him something proving Mirra was an informant. Now, this is Massino's testimony, Sonny, so I'm not sure how much weight this evidence holds with you ;)
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Snakes wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:00 pm Massino testified that Al Embaratto showed him something proving Mirra was an informant. Now, this is Massino's testimony, Sonny, so I'm not sure how much weight this evidence holds with you ;)
:lol:

Thanks S.

Ill refrain from commenting.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

That's crazy. Imagine your blood uncle getting you killed instead of saving you
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Mirra did like 12+ yrs on his drug pinch with Galante crazy to turn Infrmant
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Need a lcn bio on mirra
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Hopefully I didn't fuck that up. I am pretty sure it was Al Embaratto that showed Massino proof
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Snakes wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:49 pm Hopefully I didn't fuck that up. I am pretty sure it was Al Embaratto that showed Massino proof
You mean you hope it was Al who Massino said showed him proof. ;)
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Massino testified Al Walker approached Cannone with paperwork about Mirra being a DEA informant (not FBI or NYPD) and Cannone immediately approved the hit and included Sally Fruits and Massino in the decision process.

Cantarella testified that his uncle Walker met with his captain and received the order to kill Mirra. He said Massino believed Mirra was a rat. He didn't mention anything about Pistone/Brasco in the testimony. Cantarella wasn't really involved in the conspiracy despite driving in the murder, as he said in court he didn't even know he was participating in the murder until Joe D'Amico returned to the car after killing Mirra.

Cantarella also tried to get his uncle Al Walker killed because he suspected him of being an informant in the early 1990s. From the Cantarella testimony thread:
- In the 1990s, Richard Cantarella asked Sal Vitale for permission to kill his uncle Al Embarrato because Embarrato had managed to escape jail time despite being one of the key players at the Post, and Cantarella felt this was because his uncle was an informant. Vitale gave him reluctant permission to kill Embarrato and told him he could go ahead but he didn't recommend it given Embarrato's advanced age. Vitale felt it wouldn't look good. Cantarella decided not to go through with it. Side note, but if it hasn't been posted before, Al Walker Embarrato was originally a Genovese associate and seems to have switched over around the Bonanno war or shortly after.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Dude, again, everything is based on Massino's testimony.
Give that what weight you will.

I'm not even going to start a round 3. You know my position. It's incredibly convenient and solely his word.

Appreciate you citing the source.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

No different from citing Gentile, Bonanno, or the Magaddino tapes about their areas of knowledge. Doesn't mean any of them are the absolute truth about everything they say, but if you get bored of hating everything Massino said those guys will keep you just as busy.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Short bit of footage from DeCicco's funeral for those who haven't seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPk-c_iMxgE

I see Joe DeCicco and what looks like Roach Rampino but not sure who else is in the footage.
MightyDR
Straightened out

Post by MightyDR »

This doesn't necessarily rule him out as a confidential informant, but it should be noted that Frank DeCicco was going to be indicted as part of the Gambino Family case that got Gallo and Armone.

https://archive.org/details/RobertDiber ... 5/mode/2up
Page 167
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Lombardozzi was indicted when he was a CI, same with Scarpa. Seems to be mostly a myth that informing on the street is a get out of jail free card, though maybe arrangements can be made at sentencing if the informant is productive and the crime isn't severe.

With DeCicco it comes down to what info Sclafani had access to. We'll probably never know for sure until we have access to more FBI reports from that period and can sleuth out who the informants are.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

your rite 90 perecent of those fbi files we read come from greg scarpas point of view and knowledge imagine if they released other families paperwork from the 70tys and 80tys
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

What are the guidelines/regulations when it comes to the g releasing classified documentation?