5 Family Indictments 1990-Present)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

AndyHaHa
Associate

Re: 5 Family Indictments 1990-Present)

Post by AndyHaHa »

Is Tom Mix a common nickname? There is a "Tom Mix" Frarese and a "Tom Mix" Santoro, and I thought it was a unique nickname for Santoro
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

Ralph Santaniello one of the new leaders of the Springfield mafia faction controlled by the Genovese crime family was sentenced on Tuesday.

Authorities had been investigating the New York Mafia linked crew for several years and were finally able to make a case back in 2016. Santaniello and fellow mobster Giovanni “Johnny Cal” Calabrese were both in court to find out exactly how long they would be behind bars after pleading guilty in November. Santaniello was sentenced to five years in prison while Calabrese got off a little easier with a three-year bid. The mob crew was charged with various crimes including extortion.

Prosecutors pushed for a sentence of approx six and a half years for Santaniello pointing out that he continued to commit these crimes and was unrepentant. Ralph has been held without bail since his arrest in 2016 but Calabrese was out on bail so he will be expected to turn himself in by May 21st according to reports. The remaining members of the NY mafia linked crew Francesco “Frank” Depergola and Richard Valentini are set to be sentenced on May 11th. Fellow mobster Gerald Daniele has already been sentenced to two years behind bars. Will be interesting to see what kind of impact this has on the Genovese family influence in the area and whether or not this is the end of the Springfield mafia.

By: aboutthemafia.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

AndyHaHa wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:00 pm Is Tom Mix a common nickname? There is a "Tom Mix" Frarese and a "Tom Mix" Santoro, and I thought it was a unique nickname for Santoro

It is a reference to a famous old cow boy actor.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
AndyHaHa
Associate

Post by AndyHaHa »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:02 pm
AndyHaHa wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:00 pm Is Tom Mix a common nickname? There is a "Tom Mix" Frarese and a "Tom Mix" Santoro, and I thought it was a unique nickname for Santoro

It is a reference to a famous old cow boy actor.

Pogo
I did not know that, I always it was some random nickname Santoro picked up in childhood, never knew it was a movie/tv character...Thanks Pogo
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 pm
In Aug. 1994, Genovese capo Rudolph Santabello was indicted along with soldiers Daniel Cilenti and Joe Sarcinella. Colombo soldier Benjamin Castellazzo was also indicted.
https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/7 ... arles-des/

I figured the reason you didn't add this one was because there's scant information online. So here you go Pogo.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He is on there. 8-)

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:32 am He is on there. 8-)

Pogo
Good stuff Pogo. Ben Castellazzo indicted 1994 too.

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

These guys:
Acting Boss Andrew "Andy/Mushy" Russo
Acting UnderBoss Benjamin "The Little Guy/Claw/Benji" Castellazzo
Consiglieri Richard “Ritchie Nerves” Fusco
Capos Joseph "Junior Lollipops" Carna, Theodore "Teddy/Skinny" Persico Jr (IP), Dennis "Fat/Little/The Beard" DeLucia and Reynold "Ren" Maragni
Acting Capo Anthony Russo
Soldiers Emanuele “Manny” Favuzza, Vincent “Jimmy Gooch” Febbraro, Joseph Savarese, John Maggio, Nicky Rizzo, Ralph Scopo Jr. and Daniel Capaldo

were indicted on January 20, 2011, not in February.

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Stropoli was not a soldier when he was indicted in Dec. 1999.

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Colombo soldier Ralph Scopo Jr. was indicted in July 2005 along with Genovese acting boss Matthew Ianniello & Genovese capo Ciro Perrone.

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks for these updates. 8-)

Pogo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

We can add the following for the Genovese family. Thanks to JD for this info.

1995/6:
Soldier Anthony Volpe

Soldier Peter Grecco to the August 2005 indictment.

February 2005:
Acting Capo Lawrence “Larry” Ricci

Pogo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

For the Colombos. Surprised we didn't hear about this bust when it happened.

2015:
Soldier Giovanni “John” Cerbone
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 am For the Colombos. Surprised we didn't hear about this bust when it happened.

2015:
I think we did. Or Capeci had mentioned it before because I had it in my indictments list.
All roads lead to New York.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:42 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:09 am For the Colombos. Surprised we didn't hear about this bust when it happened.

2015:
I think we did. Or Capeci had mentioned it before because I had it in my indictments list.
Yep, I remember reading about it in the Daily News and elsewhere but I sort of forgot about it.
Isn’t the Cerbone bust the only evidence there is that Joey Amato is a capo?