Confirmed members currently in federal prison

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Confirmed members currently in federal prison

Post by chin_gigante »

John Stanfa has been moved to USP Lewisburg
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Tommy shots is free. That's a wow. Wonder of he's in decent health to actually walk around. Also Matin tacetta gets out in 2027 if he makes it interesting he did alot of time even though he got released for like 2 years and went right back to the life
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:02 am Tommy shots is free. That's a wow. Wonder of he's in decent health to actually walk around. Also Matin tacetta gets out in 2027 if he makes it interesting he did alot of time even though he got released for like 2 years and went right back to the life
hopefully he drops dead on day One
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:02 am Tommy shots is free. That's a wow. Wonder of he's in decent health to actually walk around. Also Matin tacetta gets out in 2027 if he makes it interesting he did alot of time even though he got released for like 2 years and went right back to the life
May 5th he gets out according to inmate locater. So crazy that he's walking free.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:44 am John Stanfa has been moved to USP Lewisburg
That's kind of messed up. He's 82 years old and was at a prison medical facility right? Why move him now? He's prob only got a few years left anyway.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

2B15D1BC-9247-42E5-A2E4-6FD4BFB502E6.jpeg
BOP locator shows Stanfa has been moved again, this time to Schuylkill. The only other Philly member currently at Schuylkill is Grande.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Think merlino and stanfa ever met in prison in passing. I wouldn't doubt it.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:07 pm Think merlino and stanfa ever met in prison in passing. I wouldn't doubt it.
How funny would that be.

Wouldn't surprise me with prison officials sense of humor.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:15 am
May 5th he gets out according to inmate locater. So crazy that he's walking free.
Very crazy. I doubt he can say the same, but the time since his trial and sentencing has moved very, very fast for me.

It really doesn't feel that long ago since that bust happened and those perp walks of them looking extremely sloppy were being blasted everywhere. I remember reading that day's NYDN at work when they had turned a full inventory of Gioeli's commissary purchases into an article. When we learned what really happened to Cutolo. When people on these boards gave Gioeli the nickname "Tommy Tits" while his ongoing trial was a hot topic here. When people on the boards said they knew Competiello and Calabro were going to flip because they "saw it in their eyes" on the perp walk photos, mistaking the glare in their eye from dozens of flashing camera bulbs as tears. It damn near feels like yesterday for me. Much simpler times lol

I hope Gioeli is healthy enough to be somewhat cognizant and functional when he gets released. I'd really like to see him go full conspiracy-tard and fall in with whatever the Q-Anon scene has morphed into online. Start posting really crazy shit, ranting about the FBI, etc. - he definitely fits the type. An old disabled guy from Long Island who thinks he was set up by the government? He really would fit right in. Imagine...the world's first Alt Right social media personality mob boss. It would be great.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

newera_212 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:27 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:15 am
Very crazy. I doubt he can say the same, but the time since his trial and sentencing has moved very, very fast for me.

It really doesn't feel that long ago since that bust happened and those perp walks of them looking extremely sloppy were being blasted everywhere. I remember reading that day's NYDN at work when they had turned a full inventory of Gioeli's commissary purchases into an article. When we learned what really happened to Cutolo. When people on these boards gave Gioeli the nickname "Tommy Tits" while his ongoing trial was a hot topic here. When people on the boards said they knew Competiello and Calabro were going to flip because they "saw it in their eyes" on the perp walk photos, mistaking the glare in their eye from dozens of flashing camera bulbs as tears. It damn near feels like yesterday for me. Much simpler times lol

I hope Gioeli is healthy enough to be somewhat cognizant and functional when he gets released. I'd really like to see him go full conspiracy-tard and fall in with whatever the Q-Anon scene has morphed into online. Start posting really crazy shit, ranting about the FBI, etc. - he definitely fits the type. An old disabled guy from Long Island who thinks he was set up by the government? He really would fit right in. Imagine...the world's first Alt Right social media personality mob boss. It would be great.
He was on a radio show once or twice, maybe he could do that again. Someone here probably knows more.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

His odd behavior notwithstanding, Shots always struck me as otherwise a pretty serious gangster.

Chin was a weirdo too, you know.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Ivan wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:59 pm His odd behavior notwithstanding, Shots always struck me as otherwise a pretty serious gangster.

Yeah, no doubt. Gohn's Bay Parkway Boys article on his site really opened my eyes on how serious of a guy he was. It's kind of funny to think of him as a made man, going out on strong-arm robberies with kids like 15 years younger than him too.

In Gioeli's defense, that odd behavior only came about when he was headed to trial to fight for his life. There's probably a good chance that most of the stuff he was griping about was true - with the mistakes, negligence, etc. when it came to basic medial care in Prison. Agent Scott Curtis was most likely sniffing around some of the cooperator's wives as well. He probably wasn't wrong about a whole lot.

Plus, he not only took it to trial after he knew that 2 of his closest cohorts were cooperating against him, but he beat the most serious of charges using a Public Defender. I gotta say, Gioeli is kind of a legendary figure. He's had a crazy run.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

newera_212 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:19 am
Ivan wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:59 pm His odd behavior notwithstanding, Shots always struck me as otherwise a pretty serious gangster.

Yeah, no doubt. Gohn's Bay Parkway Boys article on his site really opened my eyes on how serious of a guy he was. It's kind of funny to think of him as a made man, going out on strong-arm robberies with kids like 15 years younger than him too.

In Gioeli's defense, that odd behavior only came about when he was headed to trial to fight for his life. There's probably a good chance that most of the stuff he was griping about was true - with the mistakes, negligence, etc. when it came to basic medial care in Prison. Agent Scott Curtis was most likely sniffing around some of the cooperator's wives as well. He probably wasn't wrong about a whole lot.

Plus, he not only took it to trial after he knew that 2 of his closest cohorts were cooperating against him, but he beat the most serious of charges using a Public Defender. I gotta say, Gioeli is kind of a legendary figure. He's had a crazy run.
Why would he use a public defender? Cuz he wanted to save his money?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:45 am
newera_212 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:19 am

Why would he use a public defender? Cuz he wanted to save his money?
Definitely over money. Whether he didn't have it (unlikely) or he wanted to save it. I believe his only legitimate source of income on paper was his disability/SSI payments. Even if he had something else going on legitimately, he was still able to qualify for a PD after they reviewed his active income and assets.

It is kind of crazy he went to trial with a PD but with all of the Federal sentencing guidelines, I don't think a 6 figure team of attorneys would make a difference when it comes to the judge and sentencing at the end of the day. Not really sure. Seems like it worked out for him though.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:26 am 2B15D1BC-9247-42E5-A2E4-6FD4BFB502E6.jpeg

BOP locator shows Stanfa has been moved again, this time to Schuylkill. The only other Philly member currently at Schuylkill is Grande.
That would be interesting to see what kind of interaction Dom G has with Stanfa there at Schuylkill .

-Dante