Were Any Sitdowns Ever Caught on Tape?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

InCamelot
Straightened out

Were Any Sitdowns Ever Caught on Tape?

Post by InCamelot »

Not sure if anyone can help point me in the direction of these if they even exist.

My bad if this just clogs the board up.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Were Any Sitdowns Ever Caught on Tape?

Post by Tonyd621 »

This is would be interesting to see
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Between 2 different family's? Had to be
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Angelo Bruno, his underboss Ignazio Denaro, and Sam DeCavalcante were recorded having an intense sitdown over proposed DeCavalcante member Joe Sabato in Trenton. Sabato had signed a confession when he and his wife were arrested for gambling and Bruno felt he should be knocked down from membership because of the confession. He also took a special interest in it because Sabato's father was a made guy with Philadelphia and Bruno said if Sam went ahead and made Sabato anyway he didn't want him to be formally introduced to Philly members.

During the conversation Sam said when he himself was initiated his name had to be circulated to Philly for approval, but he figured it was because he used to live and operate with Philly guys in Trenton.
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

Not technically a sit down per se, but there is a recorded meeting of an Ndrangheta clan right after an initiation ceremony in Switzerland from 2014.

https://youtu.be/KjXm4M3df90
Tony B
Prospect

Post by Tony B »

B. wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:14 pm Angelo Bruno, his underboss Ignazio Denaro, and Sam DeCavalcante were recorded having an intense sitdown over proposed DeCavalcante member Joe Sabato in Trenton. Sabato had signed a confession when he and his wife were arrested for gambling and Bruno felt he should be knocked down from membership because of the confession. He also took a special interest in it because Sabato's father was a made guy with Philadelphia and Bruno said if Sam went ahead and made Sabato anyway he didn't want him to be formally introduced to Philly members.

During the conversation Sam said when he himself was initiated his name had to be circulated to Philly for approval, but he figured it was because he used to live and operate with Philly guys in Trenton.
This is very interesting. Where did you take that from?

I have always been interested in Sam and his relationship with Philly.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Tony B wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:59 pm
B. wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:14 pm Angelo Bruno, his underboss Ignazio Denaro, and Sam DeCavalcante were recorded having an intense sitdown over proposed DeCavalcante member Joe Sabato in Trenton. Sabato had signed a confession when he and his wife were arrested for gambling and Bruno felt he should be knocked down from membership because of the confession. He also took a special interest in it because Sabato's father was a made guy with Philadelphia and Bruno said if Sam went ahead and made Sabato anyway he didn't want him to be formally introduced to Philly members.

Same, is it possible to show us how to find it? Is it on Mary Farrell ?
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Been very curious about the term arguimendo (sp?) mentioned on here recently. Would like to know if there were any other transcripts of actual LCN debates or negotiation of terms.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

InCamelot wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:47 pm
Tony B wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:59 pm

Same, is it possible to show us how to find it? Is it on Mary Farrell ?
It's in one of the books on the DeCavalcante tapes, maybe the Mafia Talks. I believe the transcript is also available elsewhere but the gist is in the book.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:40 pm Not technically a sit down per se, but there is a recorded meeting of an Ndrangheta clan right after an initiation ceremony in Switzerland from 2014.

https://youtu.be/KjXm4M3df90
Great post. Thanks.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

During the mid 60s there was a sitdown between Outfit capo Fiore Buccieri and Mike Patrick, the older brother of Outfit crew boss Lenny Patrick who in turn answered to Gus Alex.

The sit down occurred in a Cicero social and athletic club which served as a front for Buccieri’s juice operations. Accrording to the feds, they had trouble in listening to the whole convo because of the huge noise but they managed to catch few words.

During the exchange of words, Buccieri allegedly shouted “If you don’t want to give us half of your juice business, we’ll take it all eventually”. After the noise died down, Mike Patrick came out shaking hands with Buccieri and looked like they had come to some type of agreement.

The problem was that some of Patrick’s men took over some of the operations in North/West area in which Buccieri was the overlord of the juice racket. At first Patrick’s men frequented a cigar store and other establishments in Buccieri’s territory and made bookmaking loans across jurisdictional lines. Later Buccieri learned of their presence and made a huge problem and so he demanded a cut of the Patrick brothers’ gross profits from usurious loans to patrons of their gambling operations on his territory.

Also the sitdown between Alderisio and Buccieris guy Joe Ferriola. The sitdown was allegedly arranged in restaurant on Chicago’s North Side between the two factions and during the meeting, Alderisio allegedly lost his nerves and threatened at Ferriola by yelling “I’m going to tear you apart, limb by limb!”
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Villain wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:18 am During the mid 60s there was a sitdown between Outfit capo Fiore Buccieri and Mike Patrick, the older brother of Outfit crew boss Lenny Patrick who in turn answered to Gus Alex.

The sit down occurred in a Cicero social and athletic club which served as a front for Buccieri’s juice operations. Accrording to the feds, they had trouble in listening to the whole convo because of the huge noise but they managed to catch few words.

During the exchange of words, Buccieri allegedly shouted “If you don’t want to give us half of your juice business, we’ll take it all eventually”. After the noise died down, Mike Patrick came out shaking hands with Buccieri and looked like they had come to some type of agreement.

The problem was that some of Patrick’s men took over some of the operations in North/West area in which Buccieri was the overlord of the juice racket. At first Patrick’s men frequented a cigar store and other establishments in Buccieri’s territory and made bookmaking loans across jurisdictional lines. Later Buccieri learned of their presence and made a huge problem and so he demanded a cut of the Patrick brothers’ gross profits from usurious loans to patrons of their gambling operations on his territory.

Also the sitdown between Alderisio and Buccieris guy Joe Ferriola. The sitdown was allegedly arranged in restaurant on Chicago’s North Side between the two factions and during the meeting, Alderisio allegedly lost his nerves and threatened at Ferriola by yelling “I’m going to tear you apart, limb by limb!”
Thanks Villain. Those are interesting situations.

Do you or does anyone know of any wiretap transcripts that we can access, where issues were actually ironed out and resolved between two parties?
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

In 1986, Nicky Scarfo and Phil Leonetti came to Pittsburgh to meet with Chucky Porter, Louie Volpe & Joe Sica (who all represented Mike Genovese) regarding Mike demanding more tribute from bookmaker Joe Nistico, Nicky Scarfo’s brother in law. The meeting was surveilled by the Feds at a Monroeville, PA hotel. Audio was a bit sketchy but they got the introductions on tape. Once talks began, someone turned on the A/C in the hotel room. Leonetti ended up testifying against Chucky Porter about that meeting in 1990 at Chucky’s Federal Racketeering trial.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Villain wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:18 am During the mid 60s there was a sitdown between Outfit capo Fiore Buccieri and Mike Patrick, the older brother of Outfit crew boss Lenny Patrick who in turn answered to Gus Alex.

Thanks for the post Villain and it’s great to see you posting again. You’ve provided a wealth of knowledge on the Outfit!

I had a quick question for you - was Buccieri representing Mike Patrick or was he on the other side of the table? If he was on the other side, who was the made guy representing Mike Patrick versus Buccieri?
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

A sitdown was caught on tape in Canada where Johnny Papalia was trying to straighten out an issue with Vic Cotroni and Paolo Violi regarding a scam where Johnny Pops supposedly used their names in an extortion and put the money in his pocket. Papalia denied it and Cotroni straight up said something like "if we find out you're lying, we'll kill ya" to which Pops responded "I know you'll kill me, Vic" like a total cuck, demonstrating an extreme power imbalance between them. As I understand it this would be pretty extreme language to use at the table when sitting down with made guys in the US.