Project Otremens Recordings

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Project Otremens Recordings

Post by B. »

- Confirms Violi ended up meeting Colombo and Gambino members in New York which is very interesting. I assume that's NYC. Something to remember is someone has to make that introduction so either Joe Todaro or another contact facilitated this. We already know Buffalo is getting along well with the Bonannos and Todaro allegedly consulted with the Genovese, Colombo, and Bonanno Families before promoting Violi so the only Family we don't know about are the Luccheses.

- Re: Caputo induction. Felice said years ago one of the Caputo brothers was very close to Tommy Gambino. The earlier article said Iavarone was made into an "LA Family" but Sergi writes "Gambino family in California". However, Iavarone was based in Ontario so it doesn't make sense that he'd be made into the Gambino Family in California, rather it's more likely the Los Angeles Family made Iavarone and Caputo with the blessing of the Gambino Family which fits Tommy Gambino's strong (understatement) relationship to the Gambinos.

- If that's accurate, it indicates Tommy Gambino is more like a traveling rappresentante of old who rather than running a California "crime family" is instead overseeing a branch of a larger network from Los Angeles. He is a legitimate businessman but he travels throughout the US and Italy for his company and was seen meeting with Claudio LoPiccolo, his relative is the recent Passo di Rigano boss, father is made in Sicily, and friends/relatives are running the Gambino Family.

- Sciacca boss Accursio Dimino was in touch with both the Gambino / Bonanno Families and already had his slot machines in NYC via Sergio Gucciardi (very close to the Bonanno leadership for at least 10 years) but said he couldn't put the machines in Canada because the Ribera Family was already in partnership there with the Cattolicensi. He said instead they could put the machines in California or Texas -- it's possible/likely Tommy Gambino is the California contact for the Sicilian mafia.

- I've posted tongue-in-cheek that the Buffalo Family is at odds with the Gambinos, and there does seem to be some basis for the Gambino network disregarding protocol in Ontario and possibly even supporting the Rizzuto faction in Quebec, but if Violi met with them there is an amicable relationship on the surface.
Last edited by B. on Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:32 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:20 pm
B. wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:33 pm
What's significant to me is this is the first time I've seen Violi quoted speculating about Joe Todaro approving violence in Canada. Who knows if he approved any murders, but Violi at least felt it was possible.
Also interesting that this conversation between J Violi and Morena took place in January 2016. So Violi felt it was possible that Todaro could have approved violence while Falzone was still alive.
Fino has indicated that Falzone was fronting for the Todaros and that is what I know in Buffalo always believed.
Wait, so the belief is that when Falzone was alive he was never formal boss but acting for Todaro?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:58 pm
What's significant to me is this is the first time I've seen Violi quoted speculating about Joe Todaro approving violence in Canada. Who knows if he approved any murders, but Violi at least felt it was possible.
Also interesting that this conversation between J Violi and Morena took place in January 2016. So Violi felt it was possible that Todaro could have approved violence while Falzone was still alive.
Fino has indicated that Falzone was fronting for the Todaros and that is what I know in Buffalo always believed.
Wait, so the belief is that when Falzone was alive he was never formal boss but acting for Todaro?
Yes, that is what Fino wrote in his book, and on certain social media groups. It is also what I had heard around Buffalo.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

NickleCity wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:13 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:58 pm
Yes, that is what Fino wrote in his book, and on certain social media groups. It is also what I had heard around Buffalo.
From his book:
Leonard Falzone: Enforcer for the Todaro Family. Some say he is the current boss but I believe it is Joe Todaro Sr. and that Leonard is fronting for him. Strong, but in my opinion, he could have become much more if he was not involved with the mob; much smarter that Joe Todaro Jr.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

B. wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:36 pm
Also shoots down the idea that a distinct "reorganization" took place when Falzone died. It does seem Todaro began reinvigorating the Hamilton branch around this period but he was at least interested in what was going on there and in touch with Hamilton beforehand.

There's an assumption that Domenico Violi's long wait to be made was because Buffalo wasn't making members for a significant time, which could be true, but there could be any number of reasons why he was made when he was. Interesting too they mention the "no drug dealing" rule as Magaddino outlined that to Sam Pieri on tape in 1963, but of course it gets broken. Curious if Violi's repututation for narcotics trafficking delayed his induction.

The Luppino brothers come across very serious about how things are meant to be done. Violi needing to be introduced to his uncles as underboss by Todaro reminds me of Amedeo Indelicato being made in Philly and going to Catania but having to wait for Calogero Sinatra to come back from the US to officially introduce Indelicato to his father. This is a much shorter distance of course.
The more things change the more they stay the same
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:33 pm In the above it looks like Zummo is the bald guy on the right and Morena is the one with the pixelated face. Not sure who the balding guy in the middle is but it doesn't look like either of the Violis to me. From their mugshots the hair doesn't match.
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/co ... -by-police

Metelsky did say in his Mob Museum presentation the guy on the right is Zummo. The article above says after the induction Morena was introduced to other members as a made man, including one named "John". I just listened to the Game of Crimes podcast with Metelsky and he actually says the 3rd guy is Paul Semplice.

It's in Part 2 of the episode.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/7nojhR ... =copy-link

TS: 45:47
He (Morena) reports to the RCMP that these two guys from the Bonannos, one was actually from the Gambinos. Uh Damiano Zummo was the main guy, he was an Acting Captain in the Bonannos
TS: 47:34
To give you some context, these two guys, uh Paul Semplice was the other guy. They drove from NYC to Hamilton which is about a 9 hour drive on a no traffic day. They came into the hotel room, cameras were rolling, audio was rolling and one of the first things that happened was the tv was put on nice and loud. They stand right by the tv the two of them and basically Damiano Zummo is running the show and he says its bene approved by this guy and approved by this guy.
TS: 48:31
Murphy: well wait a minute, you also said they had the Gambinos there right?

Metelsky: There was a guy from the Gambino Family.
From the photostills we can't really tell but the hairline does kinda match with the Semplice photos in the mugshot section.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:54 pm
From the photostills we can't really tell but the hairline does kinda match with the Semplice photos in the mugshot section.
The third guys hair certainly doesn’t match John Zancocchio that’s for sure.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Yeah idk I just remember reading some where it was supposedly him. Wires probably got cross with him being on the admin around the time and Morena being introduced to a "John". Don't think Zancocchio was dying his hair in 2015 :lol:
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

OcSleeper wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:43 pm Yeah idk I just remember reading some where it was supposedly him. Wires probably got cross with him being on the admin around the time and Morena being introduced to a "John". Don't think Zancocchio was dying his hair in 2015 :lol:
Think you're thinking of this:

"After the informant was 'made,' a mobster named John 'Porky' Zancocchio had allegedly told mobsters in Buffalo, the informant told Violi."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationalpo ... 7da69/amp/

Thinking of which John it could be, here are all of the confirmed Bonanno members named John at the time:

- John Carlucci
- John Cicala
- John Contello
- John Desena
- John Licata
- John Mirabile
- John Palazzolo (in prison)
- John Ragano
- John Sciremammano
- John Spirito, Jr.
- John Spirito, Sr. (in prison)
- John Zancocchio

Obviously couldn't have been Palazzolo or Spirito Sr because of their incarceration. Spirito Jr would've been on the shelf at that time so I don't see him attending induction ceremonies. Contello and Zancocchio had white hair in 2015 based on how they looked in surveillance at the Christmas party that year. Sciremammano's hair looks different too. I think Ragano might have been in prison at that time and he's completely bald anyway.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:18 pm
JoeCamel wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:08 pm The commission exists, LA family, Tampa, Buffalo . He’s literally dropped a toaster in the bathtub because they are going to put a contract on him for failing to suppress the truth
I can only assume you're joking. At least I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

The sad part is, there probably are people on here who think the LA or Tampa families still exist. That's when you know people have lost their collective shit and we've gone full circle back to the Real Deal forum circa 2006.

Ok, let's be serious for a second. lets see if I can lay out my thoughts in some form or fashion that makes sense. I been thinking a lot about this.

Let's look at the whole scenario for a second. Obviously there is an International organization of some sort. right? Is it possible this is the new age of "mafia." away from the leave bodies in the street and more business like. you have all these pseudo successful businessmen involved, right? todaro, gambino...but are rich in the traditions of LCN. its in there blood. formalities still are important to them. sure Tampa is "defunct" right? but its still important to them to check in with whomever left when in that area. certain respects and traditions still apply even if its not all about illegal activity. I think we need shift on how we used to think of a typical "mafia" family. I mean you're a smart guy. obviously something is happening up in buffalo, right? is it a traditional structured family like it used to be? probably not but something was for sure going on. porky didn't leave his cozy Staten Island area to go up state cause he was bored. some sort of protocol is still occurring. I don't think that's deniable.
im curious as someone I respect in this realm what you think all this is. to me for sure its an international conspiracy of some sort just not what we used to think lcn is. I think its much more centered around legit activities still using the old traditions.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Cheech wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:35 am
JoeCamel wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:08 pm The commission exists, LA family, Tampa, Buffalo . He’s literally dropped a toaster in the bathtub because they are going to put a contract on him for failing to suppress the truth
I can only assume you're joking. At least I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

The sad part is, there probably are people on here who think the LA or Tampa families still exist. That's when you know people have lost their collective shit and we've gone full circle back to the Real Deal forum circa 2006.

Ok, let's be serious for a second. lets see if I can lay out my thoughts in some form or fashion that makes sense. I been thinking a lot about this.

Let's look at the whole scenario for a second. Obviously there is an International organization of some sort. right? Is it possible this is the new age of "mafia." away from the leave bodies in the street and more business like. you have all these pseudo successful businessmen involved, right? todaro, gambino...but are rich in the traditions of LCN. its in there blood. formalities still are important to them. sure Tampa is "defunct" right? but its still important to them to check in with whomever left when in that area. certain respects and traditions still apply even if its not all about illegal activity. I think we need shift on how we used to think of a typical "mafia" family. I mean you're a smart guy. obviously something is happening up in buffalo, right? is it a traditional structured family like it used to be? probably not but something was for sure going on. porky didn't leave his cozy Staten Island area to go up state cause he was bored. some sort of protocol is still occurring. I don't think that's deniable.
im curious as someone I respect in this realm what you think all this is. to me for sure its an international conspiracy of some sort just not what we used to think lcn is. I think its much more centered around legit activities still using the old traditions.
This is in fact what I believe, and that it started in the 70s. I'll call it the " Corporatization" of the mafia.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

As per my email with Anna Sergi - there are two interesting comments.

1. It can be interpreted that all three Caputo siblings are/were made with the Gambino Family. I know there was doubt around Martino's status given his incarceration back in the early 2010s, but she seems to affirm all 3's status

2. Sergi has read about the Lucchese's in a couple of occasions in regards to all the events that unfolded that have been described - but they were too anecdotal to use as concrete evidence. Curious which Lucchese's could be even involved in this situation.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Cheech wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:35 am

I'm hesitant to respond, because it was never my intention to derail OcSleeper's thread, but I'll give you an example.

Back in 2013, 16 people were busted in McKeesport (suburb of Pittsburgh) on charges of running sports betting, numbers, and video poker operations. This was no small operation as 354 machines were seized over a month's time. Among those charged were Ronald "Porky" Melocchi Sr. (the ring leader and owner of a vending company), Jeffrey Risha (a bookie who was charged in a Pittsburgh LCN-gambling case in 2001), Kirk Mollica (son of late Pittsburgh associate Primo Mollica), Rodney Iannelli (son of Pittsburgh LCN associate Robert Iannelli), and Joseph Nistico (a relative of Nicky Scarfo). Not to mention a city councilman, a state representative, and three retired police officers. During the investigation, it was reported that Melocchi had donated thousands of dollars to at least a half dozen local politicians. However, it was noted by investigators that there was no real structure or family left in Pittsburgh (sound familiar?), and that those involved in this case operated independently and didn't pay tribute or kickbacks to the LCN. But if we are going to start applying new theoretical applications to what the Mafia is, why is nobody claiming this is evidence of "IOC" and an active "mafia" family in Western Pennsylvania?

Now, people may say that's because there was only a single made guy left by that point, and that's true, but Buffalo is not far off from that. Of the 11 known members left in the Buffalo family, most of whom are already inactive, half of them will likely be dead within the next decade. And isn't the above case rather similar to what we see in Buffalo? People with loose connections (either familial or criminal), to a defunct family, still involved in crime. And heck, even local political corruption like is alleged with Buffalo!

People can certainly point out to certain formalities still being followed with Buffalo, like Todaro being recognized as the boss, Violi being formally inducted, one of the Luppinos holding the rank of captain, meetings with other families, etc. But, and God help me this has pointed out so many times by Pogo, we saw these same inductions, promotions, connections, etc. in Rochester, Scranton, Cleveland, New Orleans, Denver, Los Angeles, and San Jose where those organizations were basically defunct and the number of active members you could count on one hand. Yet, people believe Buffalo (like Detroit beforehand) is somehow different.

Chicago is another example of what I'm talking about. There are maybe 15 members left. After they're all dead, you might still have some of their descendants in some union positions like there are now. There will likely be some associates still involved in crime. But are we going to argue the Outfit is still alive and functioning by that point?

Say it with me slowly: Remnants...of...a...defunct...mob...family...involved...in...residual...crimes.
All roads lead to New York.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Alright. Thanks a lot. We can differ on opinions of this and thats ok. I appreciate your insight.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Hes still failing to realize that from '85 to '15 the possibility of making ceremonies and the active status of the "11" that are left, regardless of their age. He is deciding himself they are too old to be active and then keeps separating them from the overall family which includes Canada to fit his narrative then claim we dont see it in the correct context.

They went 30 years without making new members and then all the sudden started again in '15?? Nah, not buying it. Sorry.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."