Where In The World Is Onetime Bonanno Capo Dom Cicale These Days?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

newera_212
Full Patched

Re: Where In The World Is Onetime Bonanno Capo Dom Cicale These Days?

Post by newera_212 »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:52 am On Cosanostranews Cicale confirmed Pennisi's story about Mancuso dating Lubrano's ex wife. He said he planned on killing Mancuso and hoped everyone would think it was Lubrano that did it so that seems to confirm Mancuso and Lubrano had a serious beef.
Lubrano being blamed for a 2nd violent attack that he had nothing to do with would have been crazy. Poor bastard can't catch a break
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:52 am On Cosanostranews Cicale confirmed Pennisi's story about Mancuso dating Lubrano's ex wife. He said he planned on killing Mancuso and hoped everyone would think it was Lubrano that did it so that seems to confirm Mancuso and Lubrano had a serious beef.
Cicale had planned on clipping Mancuso?!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:04 pm
Cicale had planned on clipping Mancuso?!

Yes. Valentines Day 2005
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Just Mikey?

What was the reason/backstory?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:39 pm Just Mikey?

What was the reason/backstory?
He just made a video about it
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Cheers ears, didn't realize the video was about that. Will watch.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Give me the short version. Who was gonna help Dom cicale with his attempt on mike nose? He was made for like 2 yrs before he flipped I'm sure he had no name in the family
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

7BE8B304-47FD-4EFA-84C6-E2AA426ED3C9.jpeg

Also from the comments on this video, looks like Cicale is less committed to his prior claim that Basciano was official boss
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

It's actually worth listening too. And I'm no fan.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JohnnyS wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:52 am so that seems to confirm Mancuso and Lubrano had a serious beef.
Doesn't seem to serious when you read the last sentence.

“All fingers would point to Luchese family member Joseph (Joey Relay) Lubrano—for M Nose went with, and was current with, Lubrano’s wife when Lubrano was locked up. So, after many years, Joey finally grew some balls and took M Nose out,” went the thinking.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Looking forward to his episode on Muscarella and the Genovese. Should be interesting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:27 pm 7BE8B304-47FD-4EFA-84C6-E2AA426ED3C9.jpeg

Also from the comments on this video, looks like Cicale is less committed to his prior claim that Basciano was official boss
I could see Cicale, as a Basciano guy, thinking he was official if that's what their group was striving for. You see that with factional disputes sometimes.

What he thinks about Montagna holding it down for Mancuso while he was away has been my guess since it came out Mancuso was official boss. Makes the most sense that Mancuso had allies leading the Family 2006-2009 and we know Santora was one of his main ones as well.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:25 pm “All fingers would point to Luchese family member Joseph (Joey Relay) Lubrano—for M Nose went with, and was current with, Lubrano’s wife when Lubrano was locked up. So, after many years, Joey finally grew some balls and took M Nose out,” went the thinking.
Whats next Carmine? For a million bucks he gets to fuck her!?

Who knew Johnny Sac was based on Joe Relay.....
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Someone asked a pertinent question and I thought Id post Dom's response:
The question was why did Dom keep referring to himself as part of the administration when he never held any of those positions, official or acting.
Response:
'Great question, thank you. True, I was never acting in any of those capacity's you just mentioned. However, a Official Captain can be part of the Crime Families administration especially if a Official positions are missing. So to answer your question, Vinny placed me as Mike The Nose's second should Vinny get locked up...."

Can a Captain be part of the admin without being appointed?
He states he was part because if Mikey ever got locked up, would this be recognized?

Interested in any points of view on this.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

In our recent episode on the Bonanno War we talked about the Bonannos' use of a senior/top capodecina to help run the Family. In the early 1970s an informant said Marangello was the "senior" captain helping the admin run things, then Lefty told Pistone that Napolitano became the "top" captain which he said was a distinct de facto position. Galante may have been in this role in the 1950s then when Massino was on the panel before he was underboss he helped Cannone and Ferrugia direct the Family.

Don't know if Basciano would have been conscious of this "top capodecina" position or if it truly was continuous in the Bonanno Family beyond their use of panels but the idea of Cicale being seen as an official captain with a designated role helping the admin does fit that idea.