Where In The World Is Onetime Bonanno Capo Dom Cicale These Days?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Where In The World Is Onetime Bonanno Capo Dom Cicale These Days?

Post by CabriniGreen »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:49 pm It's actually worth listening too. And I'm no fan.
This is why I asked the question... like why listen if you arnt trying g to extract the valuable info. These guys aren't your friends or someone to idolize....
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

CabriniGreen wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:55 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:49 pm It's actually worth listening too. And I'm no fan.
This is why I asked the question... like why listen if you arnt trying g to extract the valuable info. These guys aren't your friends or someone to idolize....
Truth broheim
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

B. wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:37 pm In our recent episode on the Bonanno War we talked about the Bonannos' use of a senior/top capodecina to help run the Family. In the early 1970s an informant said Marangello was the "senior" captain helping the admin run things, then Lefty told Pistone that Napolitano became the "top" captain which he said was a distinct de facto position. Galante may have been in this role in the 1950s then when Massino was on the panel before he was underboss he helped Cannone and Ferrugia direct the Family.

Don't know if Basciano would have been conscious of this "top capodecina" position or if it truly was continuous in the Bonanno Family beyond their use of panels but the idea of Cicale being seen as an official captain with a designated role helping the admin does fit that idea.
great post B. Cheers
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:25 pm

“All fingers would point to Luchese family member Joseph (Joey Relay) Lubrano—for M Nose went with, and was current with, Lubrano’s wife when Lubrano was locked up. So, after many years, Joey finally grew some balls and took M Nose out,” went the thinking.
That´s a punk move. You don´t do that to a fellow member. And he claims to be a man. If you are a man, you face the heat and take responsibility.
There you have it, never printed before.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Finally had the opportunity to watch Cicale's podcast...honestly I really enjoyed it...I'm looking forward to hearing more stories from that era of the Bonanno family...even though I think the guy is a piece of shit, he seems believable...
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

There's another couple of interesting pieces of information to take into account when considering Cicale's position after Basciano got arrested. The following quote is from Cicale's book with Ed Scarpo:
It was common knowledge that Dominick CIcale was Vinny's second in command, even though Dominick was not officially part of the crime family's official administration.
Then, from Massino's testimony in the Basciano trial:
Q Dominick Cicale was not the acting boss in the Massino family. Correct?
A Correct.
Q The highest rank that Dominick Cicale ever achieved was that of captain in the Massino family, is that correct?
A Correct.
Q Dominick Cicale was never on any panel or administration appointed by you, is that correct?
A That's correct.
Q Dominick Cicale was not on any panel or administration appointed by you or Mr. Basciano, is that correct?
A That's corect.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Watching the Cicale podcast now...jesus christ this guy reads and speaks at a level lower than Calandra
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:29 pm Watching the Cicale podcast now...jesus christ this guy reads and speaks at a level lower than Calandra
Slower than a retard at a spelling bee but the content is worth the suffering...
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:29 pm Watching the Cicale podcast now...jesus christ this guy reads and speaks at a level lower than Calandra
The best is poor Calandra reads so slow and cant see the sentence ahead of time in his head so he says every word one by one. But sometimes its negative and he cant tell til he reads it all then he goes “you know what? Youre a garbage pail.” Lmao
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
NorthBuffalo
Straightened out

Post by NorthBuffalo »

Some of these episodes are so hard to watch you feel bad for these guys at points. But here is the thing - these guys did serious drugs - despite Calandra kind of acting like he wasn't, I expect he and others were doing cocaine on a daily basis in the 80s and early 90s. Cicale certainly was. That catches up to you - I think that combined with the prison GEDs is what is going on. I also believe Calandra - who was always a pot head - is constantly stoned.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Cheech wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:42 pm
The best is poor Calandra reads so slow and cant see the sentence ahead of time in his head so he says every word one by one. But sometimes its negative and he cant tell til he reads it all then he goes “you know what? Youre a garbage pail.” Lmao
Haha spot on observation.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Cheech wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:42 pm
Perfect lol

Hopefully Cicale doesn't get caught up in the same trap as some of these other guys and devolves into "addressing the haters" or gets completely chased away all together. Something tells me he isn't ready for the onslaught that's coming his way, throwing his hat into the ring. Seems like he could have some interesting content if he stays consistent with it. I'll suffer through the reading to hear some stories I've never heard before

Post by Guest »

Micheal mancuso is the most disrespected boss in Ny history.First his guys get beat up at a funeral and second this rat on youtube calling him a punk and weak and him backing out of physical fights.
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

You can tell Cicale is trying to get views quickly by discussing Mancuso first up. Especially since, if you check this episode, it was filmed around Thanksgiving and was posted a few days ago. I'm definitely looking forward to to his perspective on the Bonannos when they were really doing rather well under Massino and such. Overall, it was a great first episode for someone new to podcasting.
dave
Straightened out

Post by dave »

Etna wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:28 am You can tell Cicale is trying to get views quickly by discussing Mancuso first up. Especially since, if you check this episode, it was filmed around Thanksgiving and was posted a few days ago. I'm definitely looking forward to to his perspective on the Bonannos when they were really doing rather well under Massino and such. Overall, it was a great first episode for someone new to podcasting.
He said "Happy Thanksgiving" by mistake. He sat back down at the end of the video and joked about it.
But yeah I'm sure he knew this Mancuso story would do well, especially with what's going on right now.