LE infiltration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

LE infiltration

Post by JeremyTheJew »

How many undercover LE do we know about ???

Donnie brasco

Jack Garcia/ falcone r the two basic ones but since then there’s been a few we know about
Even the Genovese were infiltrated I think??

There’s now the guy the did the decavalcante fam who wrote that book.

Same with the garbage guy - Danny chambers he was nypd tho

Anyone else??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: LE infiltration

Post by Tonyd621 »

Giovanni rocco Douglas Schofield wrote it and called if giovannis ring. It should be called giovannis most pathetic attempt to dismantle a crime family and the useless book that followed. The book is not worth the paper it's printed on
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

There was also an undercover NYPD detective, "Big Frankie," who's work led to a big Genovese bust in the early 2000s. Over 70 were charged including captains Patsy Parrello, Ross Gangi, and Joseph Dente Jr.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Two infiltrated Philly in the 2000s and 2010s. Another one infiltrated the Genovese Jersey crew in the 1970s. Also in the 1970s an undercover Fed worked New Orleans and even met with Carlos Marcello. There was also that undercover who worked with Pistone in Mileaukee and Florida.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

In my opinion, these are the most notable of the law-enforcement officers in Canada who have gone under cover:

1. Robert Ménard, Sergeant-Detective, Major Crimes Unit, Service de police de Montréal / Service de police de la Communauté urbaine de Montréal (SPCUM)
He got Paolo Violi to rent him a flat above the Reggio Bar. Starting in December 1970, Ménard lived in the apartment for six years.

2. Giovanni Persichetti, Constable, RCMP
In 1985, he was initiated into an 'ndrangheta cell in London, Ontario, Canada. A total of three separate ceremonies were captured on police videotape.

3. Carl MacLeod, Staff-Sergeant, RCMP
The subject of the book A Master of Deception: Working Undercover for the RCMP. Infiltrated the mafia in Ontario, Colombian drug cartels, and triads.

There are a number of infiltrating cops whose names we may or will never know.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

I was about to cited you Ménard but antimafia was faster than me.

In Australia, Damian Marrett and Colin McLaren of the Victoria Police infiltrated the local 'ndrangheta during the 90s. They both wrote books about their missions
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Wasn't there one who infiltrated Andy Gerardo's crew? Like set up a fake storefront right beside Andy's social club...I saw a documentary on it once
Lefty_Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Lefty_Ruggiero »

Browniety86 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:51 am Wasn't there one who infiltrated Andy Gerardo's crew? Like set up a fake storefront right beside Andy's social club...I saw a documentary on it once
Mike Russell is his name.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Lefty_Ruggiero wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:31 am
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:51 am Wasn't there one who infiltrated Andy Gerardo's crew? Like set up a fake storefront right beside Andy's social club...I saw a documentary on it once
Mike Russell is his name.
Yes that's the guy...I liked that documentary, different than the rehashed ones we've all saw 1000 times...
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Gail Cobb who worked as undercover Tony Conti in the Milwaukee family posing as a vending machine business owner.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

William “Bill” Breen from the book The Insider: The FBI’s Undercover ‘Wiseguy’ Goes Public in 1992 describes how Breen infiltrated the Resource Capital Group loan-shark ring perpetrated by associates Melvin Cooper and Dr. Jesse Hyman. He was able to tie some pretty big Mafiosi to it like Vincent Rotondo, Michael Franzese, Benedetto Aloi, Thomas Pecora, Anthony “Tony Nap” Napoli, John “Curly” Montana, Leonard “Lenny” Di Maria, Frankie “the Hat” Di Stefano and Carlo Vaccarezza. He was also involved with some Cleveland and San Francisco members in busting a cocaine ring during the mid-80s.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:40 am William “Bill” Breen from the book The Insider: The FBI’s Undercover ‘Wiseguy’ Goes Public in 1992 describes how Breen infiltrated the Resource Capital Group loan-shark ring perpetrated by associates Melvin Cooper and Dr. Jesse Hyman. He was able to tie some pretty big Mafiosi to it like Vincent Rotondo, Michael Franzese, Benedetto Aloi, Thomas Pecora, Anthony “Tony Nap” Napoli, John “Curly” Montana, Leonard “Lenny” Di Maria, Frankie “the Hat” Di Stefano and Carlo Vaccarezza. He was also involved with some Cleveland and San Francisco members in busting a cocaine ring during the mid-80s.
Jimmy Rotondo got hit for bringing that dentist Hyman around made guys...
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

https://www.deseret.com/1990/4/7/188551 ... ith-crimes

https://www.deseret.com/1990/4/7/188551 ... ith-crimes
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6083688/

Vince Delamontaigne was an undercover FBI agent who helped take down Ray Jr. and Biagio DiGiacomo amongst others in the late 1980's.
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Browniety86 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:53 am
nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:40 am William “Bill” Breen from the book The Insider: The FBI’s Undercover ‘Wiseguy’ Goes Public in 1992 describes how Breen infiltrated the Resource Capital Group loan-shark ring perpetrated by associates Melvin Cooper and Dr. Jesse Hyman. He was able to tie some pretty big Mafiosi to it like Vincent Rotondo, Michael Franzese, Benedetto Aloi, Thomas Pecora, Anthony “Tony Nap” Napoli, John “Curly” Montana, Leonard “Lenny” Di Maria, Frankie “the Hat” Di Stefano and Carlo Vaccarezza. He was also involved with some Cleveland and San Francisco members in busting a cocaine ring during the mid-80s.
I don't know if that was the actual reason since I haven't seen anyone be able to establish who or what faction killed him. It's one of those famous sneak hits. That could be the cover story (ala Tony Mirra was killed for brining Pistone around vs. the actual reason because he was a DEA informant). I think the most common assumption was that the Gambino's hit him, but Sammy posted a video about how that was not the case and they didn't know who did it. Did John Riggi do it? Could be, but they allegedly became subservient of the Gambino's after. A mystery for the ages.
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

nizarsoccer wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:43 am
Browniety86 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:53 am
I don't know if that was the actual reason since I haven't seen anyone be able to establish who or what faction killed him. It's one of those famous sneak hits. That could be the cover story (ala Tony Mirra was killed for brining Pistone around vs. the actual reason because he was a DEA informant). I think the most common assumption was that the Gambino's hit him, but Sammy posted a video about how that was not the case and they didn't know who did it. Did John Riggi do it? Could be, but they allegedly became subservient of the Gambino's after. A mystery for the ages.
He was a major player on I believe the waterfront and one of the families (Gambino or Genovese) benefitted from him gone...