Bumpy Johnson

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Bumpy Johnson

Post by davidf1989 »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:02 pm Bumpy’s family members were pretty outspoken about Frank Lucas and the American Gangster story. Lucas kinda combined three stories (Bumpy, Frank Matthews, Ike Atkinson) and made it his own. I think the only reason they never sued him is because he was perpetually broke. He got caught at one point stealing his own sons social security. Even with the American Gangster check he was a brokester.
Didn't Frank Lucas cooperate with law enforcement against his Mafia associates?
Don_Peppino
Straightened out

Post by Don_Peppino »

Found something merely coincidental, it's a 1947 boxing results article were Bumpy Johnson's future bodyguard/driver Fred "Flash" Walker was on the same card as Vincent Gigante's brother Ralph. Just goes to show how small the world is I guess. The funny is , I wasn't even looking for Gigante.
"I was a venture capitalist"
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

davidf1989 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:46 am
Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:02 pm Bumpy’s family members were pretty outspoken about Frank Lucas and the American Gangster story. Lucas kinda combined three stories (Bumpy, Frank Matthews, Ike Atkinson) and made it his own. I think the only reason they never sued him is because he was perpetually broke. He got caught at one point stealing his own sons social security. Even with the American Gangster check he was a brokester.
didnt this guy make 100s of millions?

never occurred to him to maybe put 10M away for a rainy day?

Retard
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Don_Peppino
Straightened out

Post by Don_Peppino »

CornerBoy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:04 am
davidf1989 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:46 am
didnt this guy make 100s of millions?

never occurred to him to maybe put 10M away for a rainy day?

Retard
Lol. He did and the government ceased most of it. Lawyers, accountants and cops stole some too.
"I was a venture capitalist"