Visiting Lucchese 1963

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Visiting Lucchese 1963

Post by JoelTurner »

This was Anthony Dolasco

Abate Crew

ANTHONY DOLASCO
(Ham)
DOB: Oct 18 1909
POB: Newark, NJ
F: Peter Dolasco
M: Lena Guista
W: Sylvia Simeone
Address: 141 Halsted St, Newark, NJ
Death: Oct 30 1963

Family from Gagliano Castelferrato, Enna, Sicily
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

This was Onofrio Abate:

Abate Crew

ONOFRIO ABATE
DOB: Mar 10 1899
POB: Vita, Sicily, Italy
W: Pietra Accardi
Address: 49 Hillside Ave, Livingston, NJ
Death: Aug 15 1984

I couldn't find his parents.

He immigrated from Tunisia on Sep 28 1946. His naturalization was witnessed by Andrea Riela, Tony Riela's son
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:22 am Paolo D'Anna, ID'd by D'Arco, was 103 and died in 1988. There is a guy who was born in 1895, Siculiana, arrived in 1912 to brother Gaetano in Aguilar, Colorado. He was living in Chicago by 1917 based off his WW1 draft which matches the BD of his WW2 draft. By 1930 he was living in Brooklyn.

005248359_03739.jpg

NY-2369381-1073.jpg
That could be him. D'Arco said D'Anna was in Colorado before the Brooklyn Luccheses.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Is there anything specifically tying Michael Russo to the Lucchese family?

His bio says:
“ Associates : - S + J.Accardi. C.Tourine [Genov].
From Cerda, very near the home village of the DioGuardi family. Started as a probable member of the Newark Family, where he associated with the Accardi brothers. Survived a shooting in Cleveland in the early 1920’s, and returned there in 1928 to attend the Mafia meeting. Always lived in Iselin, New Jersey, where he compiled a record from 1911 of Assault, Burglary, Swindling and Embezzlement. Arrested in NYC in 1933 with amongst others Albert Anastasia, for the murder of John Bazzano, head of the Pittsburgh Family. With the break-up of the Newark Family, he was possibly recruited by Sam Accardi, the new Lucchese Capo in New Jersey. Listed in the FBN book and NARA records, but never listed on any Government charts. Date of his death was 1975.”
His name was common and he moved around so he’s hard to track. However, I haven’t seen anything tying him to the old Newark family nor pointing to him being a member of this family.

This was his census info: (https://www.ancestry.ca/discoveryui-con ... 54803:2442)
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

There was another Lucchese member from Cerda as well as possible members I believe. I don't think Russo's ever been confirmed.
MightyDR
Straightened out

Post by MightyDR »

JoelTurner wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:06 pm Here’s a possible member: Angelo Taccetta

- He’s listed as a member in a 1983 report (https://books.google.ca/books?id=12hHAwjxXgYC&pg=PA257)

- He was born in 1921, even though he wasn’t really on lists from the ‘60s, I’d speculate that he would have been made in the late 50s rather than the 70s.

- This was his census information (https://www.ancestry.ca/discoveryui-con ... 22294:2442). His family was from Villarosa, Enna, Sicily.

- He was Michael and Martin’s father.
In "The Boys From New Jersey" by Robert Rudolph (about the big trial the NJ Luccheses won), it says that Angelo Taccetta was a self-employed building materials supplier, Newark bookmaker and a trusted soldier in the Lucchese crime organization.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Do we know when Angelo Taccetta died? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Angelo Taccetta died on August 9, 1999
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Here is what I have for him-

Angelo Taccetta
2/2/1921 NYC
157 Newton St, Newark, NJ
Michele Taccetta Villarosa, Enna, Sicilia
Giuseppina Leonforte, Enna, Sicilia
Ida DeLuca
Bartender
Villarosa Enna Sicilia

I'll get back to work tomorrow, I'm reaching the point where I got all I can get on my own and will need help with about 25-30 names.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

This was Joseph Accardi

Abate crew - Deported

GIUSEPPE ACCARDO
(Joseph Accardi)
DOB: May 10 1910
POB: Vita, Italy
F: Salvatore Accardo
M: Francesca Avila
W: Pietra Surdi
Address: 435 15th Ave, Newark, NJ
Death: 1997

I couldn’t find a death date for him but MM charts says it was 1997
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Chris Christie wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:38 am Here is what I have for him-

Angelo Taccetta
2/2/1921 NYC
Ida DeLuca
Bartender
Villarosa Enna Sicilia

I'll get back to work tomorrow, I'm reaching the point where I got all I can get on my own and will need help with about 25-30 names.
Do you know how/if the Taccetta family was related to the Ricciardi family?

This document repeatedly says that Thomas Ricciardi was Michael Taccetta’s cousin (https://books.google.ca/books?id=12hHAw ... in&f=false)

Michael Taccetta’s parents were Angelo Taccetta & Ida Delcua (as you wrote)

Thomas Ricciardi’s parents were Alphonse Ricciardi & Mary Santone

Alphonse was also a Newark criminal but I don’t think he was made. I couldn’t find a relationship between them.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JoelTurner wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:26 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:38 am Here is what I have for him-

Angelo Taccetta
2/2/1921 NYC
Ida DeLuca
Bartender
Villarosa Enna Sicilia

Do you know how/if the Taccetta family was related to the Ricciardi family?

This document repeatedly says that Thomas Ricciardi was Michael Taccetta’s cousin (https://books.google.ca/books?id=12hHAw ... in&f=false)

Michael Taccetta’s parents were Angelo Taccetta & Ida Delcua (as you wrote)

Thomas Ricciardi’s parents were Alphonse Ricciardi & Mary Santone

Alphonse was also a Newark criminal but I don’t think he was made. I couldn’t find a relationship between them.
If Alphonse Ricciardi was the guy born in 1916 in Newark, his parents were from Guardia Lombardi, Avellino. If there was any relation between them and Michael Taccetta, it would’ve been via marriage. Not sure about Mary Santone’s ancestry but Santone wouldn’t be a Sicilian surname anyway.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Wondering too if there's a relation between Taccetta's mother and Richard DeLuca who served as a recent NJ captain.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Was this Salvatore Accardi Sam & Joe’s father?

There’s a Salvatore Accardi who lived at 427 15th Ave, Newark, NJ (https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-co ... 7451:62308).

This is the same address given by Joe Accardi when he was arrested in 1934:

———

He was from Vita, Italy which checks out. However, his wife is listed as Rosaria Contino while the 1963 document on organized crime lists Sam Accardi’s mother as Francesca Avila.

Even if he wasn’t their father, he probably wasn’t a random guy. He’s on Sam Accardi’s phone log and his truck was used to transport still equipment in 1930.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The FBN sometimes made mistakes with people's parents. Is it verified elsewhere that the Accardis' mother was named Francesca Avila?

There was also a Vincenzo Accardi from Vita in Newark. A Giuseppe Accardi from Vita, son of Vincenzo, came to the US with Gambino captain Accursio Dimino in the early 1920s heading to father Vincenzo. I previously thought this was Sam's brother but could be a cousin?