Visiting Lucchese 1963

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: Visiting Lucchese 1963

Post by Angelo Santino »

Neil Migliore's grandfather arrived from here, can't make it out. It needs to be between Amalfi and Sarno.
migliore.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:17 am Neil Migliore's grandfather arrived from here, can't make it out. It needs to be between Amalfi and Sarno.
migliore.PNG
This is the 1900 arrival for Aniello Migliore, father of Neil Migliore's father Americo Migliore. Aniello Migliore was from Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta province.

Worth noting that Santa Maria a Vico is near Maddaloni, Caserta, where Newark mafioso Aniello "o' Maddalones'" Santagata was from. It's also close to Acerra, Napoli, of Chicago notoriety.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:57 am
Chris Christie wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:17 am Neil Migliore's grandfather arrived from here, can't make it out. It needs to be between Amalfi and Sarno.
migliore.PNG
This is the 1900 arrival for Aniello Migliore, father of Neil Migliore's father Americo Migliore. Aniello Migliore was from Santa Maria a Vico, Caserta province.

Worth noting that Santa Maria a Vico is near Maddaloni, Caserta, where Newark mafioso Aniello "o' Maddalones'" Santagata was from. It's also close to Acerra, Napoli, of Chicago notoriety.
You're an honorary Napolitan you know that? Your knowledge of the communi, their histories and a general approximation of where surnames are from is extremely impressive.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:09 am
migliore.PNG

You're an honorary Napolitan you know that? Your knowledge of the communi, their histories and a general approximation of where surnames are from is extremely impressive.
Tutt’a post’, o’ frat’ mi’ 8-)

I’ve known a lot of Napuletani over the years, and the Chicago stuff, just as with NYC/Newark/NE really requires the Campanians to be taken seriously in their own right, as you know very well.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

migliore.PNG

There was a Maddalonese community in Newark, they had a mutual aid society and everything.

Luigi Russo was from there.

Frank “Goo Goo” Suppa, a Lucchese Newark guy, was born in NJ but his family was from there too
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

When was Migliore made? I’ve seen contradictory information saying he was made in the 50s and that he was made with Ricciardi in 1980
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

JoelTurner wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:43 am When was Migliore made? I’ve seen contradictory information saying he was made in the 50s and that he was made with Ricciardi in 1980
Not sure. It bares some looking into. I got the list from MF and they weren't always accurate.

One thing I've observed while doing this, is that most members in 1963 were born between 1890 and 1925, with outliers being back to 1880 or 1945. Many of these post 1930 names names deserve closer scrutiny. Perhaps they were made later and were just associates at the time. We have examples of individuals whom the FBI had listed as members who were formally made later on.

Also, Tony. Did Migliore's father go by Andrew? If so he married a Matha Kettel. Is that what you found?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

JoelTurner wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:42 am
migliore.PNG

There was a Maddalonese community in Newark, they had a mutual aid society and everything.

Luigi Russo was from there.

Frank “Goo Goo” Suppa, a Lucchese Newark guy, was born in NJ but his family was from there too
Good info. Not surprising that they had a paesani societa there. Wonder if they also had one in Queens/NYC.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Chris Christie wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:55 am
JoelTurner wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:43 am When was Migliore made? I’ve seen contradictory information saying he was made in the 50s and that he was made with Ricciardi in 1980
Not sure. It bares some looking into. I got the list from MF and they weren't always accurate.

One thing I've observed while doing this, is that most members in 1963 were born between 1890 and 1925, with outliers being back to 1880 or 1945. Many of these post 1930 names names deserve closer scrutiny. Perhaps they were made later and were just associates at the time. We have examples of individuals whom the FBI had listed as members who were formally made later on.

Also, Tony. Did Migliore's father go by Andrew? If so he married a Matha Kettel. Is that what you found?
Haven't looked into them that far yet.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

When it comes to the Nuccios, I can't find where their father came from (San Giuseppe Jato or San Cipirello) but I think the mother- Rosaria D'Amato comes from Marineo.
nash143
Straightened out

Post by nash143 »

I've just looked into these so thought I'd share here:

LCNBios says that Lucchese members Rosario and Luigi Sacco were Curial relatives. Rosario Sacco's Uncle was Salvatore Curiale, but the Saccos weren't brothers. Luigi was Salvatore Curiale's brother-in-law- their wives were sisters. Their mother was Francesco Sacco.

Rosario Sacco
DOB: 7 march 1903– oct 1983
POB: Ioppolo, Agrigento
Uncle= Salvatore Curiale
F= Carmelo/Camine Sacco
M= Maria Curiale
W= Ida

Luigi Sacco
DOB: 17 apr 1896- 17 may 1984
F= Vincenzo Sacco
M= Domenica Argento
W= Francesca Migliora F= Calogero M= Francesca Sacco

Salvatore Curiale
DOB: 21 may 1887- sep 1978
F= Leonardo
M= Maria Ciravlo
W= Antonina [Anna] Migliara/Migliore F= Calogero M= Francesca Sacco

Alfonso Curiale
DOB:12 mar 1921- 17 apr 2008
POB: NYC
F= Salvatore
M= Antonina Migliara/Migliore
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I don't think the three Pizzolato's were brothers.

Biagio Pizzolato Pennooks 1/1/1896 Vita, Trapani, Sicilia 163 Crosby Ave, Brooklyn, NY Veronica LNU Giuseppina Manufacturer Vita Trapani Sicilia x Soldier NJ

Bros-

Vito Pizzolato 8/2/1910 Vita, Trapani, Sicilia 287 Bergen St, Newark, NJ Vito Pizzolato Vita, Trapani Martha Mattia Leo Self Employed - Licari Brothers Vita Trapani Sicilia x Soldier NJ

Leonardo Pizzolato Lenny 6/26/1904 Vita, Trapani, Sicilia 534 15th Ave, Newark, NJ Vito Pizzolato Vita, Trapani Martha Mattia Leo Lena Onofrio Lipari Employed by Debonis & Iannelli Vita Trapani Sicilia x Soldier NJ
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Salvatore Panico Sally Crash 8/14/1908 NYC 36 Woodhull St, Brooklyn, NY Augustin Trapero (Stepfather) Spain Lucia Trapero Mary Bridge Leasing Corporation Soldier Ormento
Hard to find his lineage. His mother Lucia ?Panico? remarried an Augustin Trapero, some list him as being from Spain, other sources from Germany.

But we jump down to Andimo Pappadio, his mother was Mary Panica. Not sure if there's any connection.

Andimo Pappadio 2/2/1914 NYC 60 PTW, New York City, NY Ferdinando Pappadio Sant'Antonio Abate, Napoli, Campania Mary Panica Eleanor Manager - Sporting Goods Sant' Antonio Abate Napoli Campania x Soldier Ormento
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

According to the FBI:
James Vintaloro Jimmy the Sniff 6/10/1911 NYC 4606 Richardson Ave, Bronx, NY Giuseppe Vintaloro Jessica Formano Evelyn Alvera Salesman of Salad Oil & Cheese FBU # 296926; NYCPD B # 94144 Soldier

I'm not seeing a James Vintaloro with Giuseppe and Jessica as parents. There was a Giuseppe and Elena/Helen DeLong who might have came from Corleone but I can't confirm.

The 1930 census lists a James Vintaloro, b 1911 living with parents Mathew and Vincenza, by 1940 he's married to wife Jessica who was Vincenza. This Matteo & Maria Concetta Vincenza Salerno was born in Corleone and moved to the Bronx.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Joseph Vento's father Luigi's naturalization says he was born in Gioiosa Mario (Marina di Gioiosa Ionico?) but his WW2 draft card says Messina. Joseph's mother Gismonda/Mamie/Monda with a surname Achiletti according to the FBI, Scilardi according to the marriage records. Cant trace her.