Joe Watts information ???

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Brogano
Prospect

Joe Watts information ???

Post by Brogano »

Does anyone have a back story on Joe Watts? Where he grew up and who he started out with?
I know he lived on staten island but i dont think he grew up there. Any indo would be greatly appreciated.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Re: Joe Watts information ???

Post by TSNYC »

Some of the Gravano 302s mention Watts.

In one of them, Gravano identified Robert Barisciano aka Flash, and Dennis Maschetto, as guys close to Watts who had done hits for him. Maschetto was initially with Tommy Bilotti.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/sammy ... gs?page=37
Brogano
Prospect

Post by Brogano »

I know he lived on staten island but did he grow up as a boy in brooklyn? I so, which part? Who did he start under?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I recently listened to podcast mafia sit down with Jeff Nadu and he did a good episode on watts.

Apparently watts started as a castallano guy
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Interesting tidbit Mikey skars brought up was John gotti learned how to dress from joe watts and he was the original gangster to dress up with the hand painted ties etc
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

Watts has a huge house in Fl too.
Brogano
Prospect

Post by Brogano »

Jeff doesnt mention where Watts grew up. We all know he lived on staten island and was under Paul but we dont know any of his background.
cobra
Straightened out

Post by cobra »

-involve in murder of nino inzerillo
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

There’s not much info out there on him, at least very ljttle between 70s into mid 80s. I gather he was largely a SI guy given his connections to Bilotti Brothers and eventually coming under Paul.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

i think he was a staten island guy. i figured tommy bilotti was a brookln guy i was wrong him and his brother were raised on staten island. i forgot who they came up under but he introduced them to paul and they went with him probaly same with watts
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

According to a govt filing in his case from 2000s, some other Watts loan shark associates were Jackie Smith, Bobby Henke, and Roger Ritch. Govt also had evidence that Watts, Jackie Smith, and Roger Ritch were trying to extort Phil Raccuglia, son of the funeral director. Phil Raccuglia was on record with the Genovese family through Sal DeMeo.

Other tidbits from filings:

In 2007 or 2008, Watts attacked Abe Berger, grabbing him by the neck and shoving him against a wall. Berger was unable to keep up with payments that Watts thought he was owed for a failed investment. In 2007, Watts sent a retired nypd detective to make threatening calls to a loan shark client, named Al Khatib.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

According to Sammy in the early 80s Joe Watts was under Frankie DeCicco.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Frankie Botts was his right hand man
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Don Mosseria
Straightened out

Post by Don Mosseria »

Does anyone know Joe Watts’s ethnic background? His nickname is “The German”, but Anthony Ruggiano said on a recent podcast that he is English. Watts is an English name, not German. But that could be an Anglicisation. Wikipedia says he is Italian on his mother’s side, and German and Welsh on his father’s side (I think Watts is also a plausible name for a Welshman), but Wikipedia makes a lot of mistakes on this sort of thing. Any info appreciated - cheers!
In any case, let Maranzano know that we in Chicago will wage war on him and, if necessary, we will also use airplanes. The means are ready