New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Do Philly, DeCavs and NE have to pass round a list? Or the 5 don't give a f outside of NYC
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:24 pm Do Philly, DeCavs and NE have to pass round a list? Or the 5 don't give a f outside of NYC
In 2010, Scoops Licata was on tape talking about how he still passed the names of guys he proposed to the Gambino and Genovese families but not to the others.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:08 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:24 pm Do Philly, DeCavs and NE have to pass round a list? Or the 5 don't give a f outside of NYC
In 2010, Scoops Licata was on tape talking about how he still passed the names of guys he proposed to the Gambino and Genovese families but not to the others.
DeCavalcante and to a lesser extent, Philly and NE, cross-pollinate with the 5 Families in certain territories so it would make sense they at least inform them of prospective members. Families out west (e.g. Chicago, Detroit) had no overlap so internal vetting was sufficient.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

We know for a fact the DeCavalcante family pass a list to NY families and the North Jersey crew from Philly but I don’t think there’s any evidence the Patriarcas do but it’s certainly possible.

https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2018/05/ge ... 1.html?m=1

Above is one of seven induction lists seized during NYS OCTF search executed February 3, 1997 on basement of property located at 106-13 101st Ave in Ozone Park, Queens. Property owned by associate of Gambino Capodecina John Gotti Jr. This was the only Genovese list present; also found were three Lucchese, two Bonanno and one from the DeCavalcantes. All appear to be from 1991. A copy of the Genovese list was included as part of a New York Daily News article published the following year.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Great info gents.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Eld
Straightened out

Post by Eld »

NE passed a list, at least internally, during the days of Ray Patriarca Sr.

On the Patriarca tapes Joe Anselmo proposed two names and Ray instructed him to take the names to every member to check for an objection.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Great story about Mazzola
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

seems lke Devita got made late in life? isnt he a major capo?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:48 pm Marineo and Salerno. The Westside connection.
i don't get it
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

CornerBoy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:10 am
PolackTony wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:48 pm Marineo and Salerno. The Westside connection.
i don't get it
Marineo is south of Palermo and Salerno south of Naples, two places that produced many many members of the Genovese family aka the Westside.
Eld wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:24 am

On the Patriarca tapes Joe Anselmo proposed two names and Ray instructed him to take the names to every member to check for an objection.
I would assume all families passed a list internally because it’s a right of a member to knock a proposed member down if they have good reason.

This make me think about Chicago which I don’t know much about but I seem to remember from the Family Secrets book that there was a ceremony happening for that guy ?Poker DiForti? and possibly others but Nick Calabrese who was already a member had no idea it was happening. I could be misremembering it’s been a while since I’ve read that book but I recall that part jumping out at me and thinking it was odd they were making guys and other members were totally unaware of it. Maybe some of the guys more versed on Vhicago could correct me here if I’m wrong.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:26 am
i don't get it
Marineo is south of Palermo and Salerno south of Naples, two places that produced many many members of the Genovese family aka the Westside.

I would assume all families passed a list internally because it’s a right of a member to knock a proposed member down if they have good reason.

This make me think about Chicago which I don’t know much about but I seem to remember from the Family Secrets book that there was a ceremony happening for that guy ?Poker DiForti? and possibly others but Nick Calabrese who was already a member had no idea it was happening. I could be misremembering it’s been a while since I’ve read that book but I recall that part jumping out at me and thinking it was odd they were making guys and other members were totally unaware of it. Maybe some of the guys more versed on Vhicago could correct me here if I’m wrong.
Yeah, James LaPietra (acting capo) told Nick Calabrese that DiForti had been made (they were in the same crew), but he apparently also told him everyone else that had been made at that ceremony, which didn't seem to be the norm for Chicago. I'm sure the capos and admin discussed prospective members but most members (based on what's available) didn't have a good idea about members in other crews. It seemed to be on a "need to know" basis.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Snakes wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:54 amI'm sure the capos and admin discussed prospective members but most members (based on what's available) didn't have a good idea about members in other crews. It seemed to be on a "need to know" basis.
That’s something that definitely differentiates Chicago from the NY families because Cosa Nostra at it's heart is a network and how can you network if you don’t know the other people in the network!?!
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:40 am
Snakes wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:54 amI'm sure the capos and admin discussed prospective members but most members (based on what's available) didn't have a good idea about members in other crews. It seemed to be on a "need to know" basis.
That’s something that definitely differentiates Chicago from the NY families because Cosa Nostra at it's heart is a network and how can you network if you don’t know the other people in the network!?!
Chicago being as large as it is, the crews were almost akin to self-contained families. When they needed to cooperate with other crews or members I'm sure they were filled in, but I don't think they made it a point to promote status.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:54 am
i don't get it

Yeah, James LaPietra (acting capo) told Nick Calabrese that DiForti had been made (they were in the same crew), but he apparently also told him everyone else that had been made at that ceremony, which didn't seem to be the norm for Chicago. I'm sure the capos and admin discussed prospective members but most members (based on what's available) didn't have a good idea about members in other crews. It seemed to be on a "need to know" basis.
Per Nick’s testimony, Jimmy LaPietra told him at a communion party that DiForti had been made earlier that day. So even though DiForti was made into the same crew as Nick, he apparently hadn’t been told beforehand that DiForti was going to be made. Nick said that a couple of weeks later, DiForti then told him that Gerry Scarpelli, Pete DiFronzo, Rudy Fratto, and Tony Chiaramonti were also made at the ceremony with him, which DiForti wasn’t supposed to have been talking about. Point being that Nick’s acting captain only disclosed that a guy in their crew had been made, and not guys in other crews.

Snakes wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:51 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:40 am
Chicago being as large as it is, the crews were almost akin to self-contained families. When they needed to cooperate with other crews or members I'm sure they were filled in, but I don't think they made it a point to promote status.
Right. And of course when guys needed to know that another guy was made, they would be introduced as amici nostri. In general, Chicago put a lot of emphasis on the “secret” part of “secret society” and much organizational information was on a “need to know” basis even for members.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:43 am
Snakes wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:54 am
i don't get it

Per Nick’s testimony, Jimmy LaPietra told him at a communion party that DiForti had been made earlier that day. So even though DiForti was made into the same crew as Nick, he apparently hadn’t been told beforehand that DiForti was going to be made. Nick said that a couple of weeks later, DiForti then told him that Gerry Scarpelli, Pete DiFronzo, Rudy Fratto, and Tony Chiaramonti were also made at the ceremony with him, which DiForti wasn’t supposed to have been talking about. Point being that Nick’s acting captain only disclosed that a guy in their crew had been made, and not guys in other crews.
Thanks, didn't remember the exact details