New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by Shellackhead »

Wow its all making sense now, basically Scialo was stepping on other made guys’s toes & that cost him his life. I thought that it was because he insulted Carlo Gambino
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

thsi guy JD is great. he should write a book
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
quadtree
Honorary Member

Post by quadtree »

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

What do they mean by “ Assuming Scarpa's report is accurate and Mazzola's killing was the unsanctioned result of a petty dispute, this appears to have enabled the Genovese Family to prove no involvement on their part and allow his replacement.”
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:51 am What do they mean by “ Assuming Scarpa's report is accurate and Mazzola's killing was the unsanctioned result of a petty dispute, this appears to have enabled the Genovese Family to prove no involvement on their part and allow his replacement.”
It's against the rules to use dead members on induction lists if they were murdered in a sanctioned hit. Essentially, by killing a member, the family reduces its membership cap by 1 and that slot cannot be used for a new member.

JD's arguing that Mazzola's inclusion on an induction list could be evidence that his murder was unsanctioned (and that what Scarpa told the FBI was accurate), because if it was a sanctioned killing they wouldn't be able to replace him.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:14 am
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:51 am What do they mean by “ Assuming Scarpa's report is accurate and Mazzola's killing was the unsanctioned result of a petty dispute, this appears to have enabled the Genovese Family to prove no involvement on their part and allow his replacement.”
It's against the rules to use dead members on induction lists if they were murdered in a sanctioned hit. Essentially, by killing a member, the family reduces its membership cap by 1 and that slot cannot be used for a new member.

JD's arguing that Mazzola's inclusion on an induction list could be evidence that his murder was unsanctioned (and that what Scarpa told the FBI was accurate), because if it was a sanctioned killing they wouldn't be able to replace him.
I see thanks for explaining it, would a new member be inducted regardless or the family will always have that slot missing? So if the family had 300 made guys, and when this incident happened & it went down to 299, and then new rounds of inductees is going to happen, will it stay at 299 or go up if nobody died in that time frame?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:15 am

I see thanks for explaining it, would a new member be inducted regardless or the family will always have that slot missing? So if the family had 300 made guys, and when this incident happened & it went down to 299, and then new rounds of inductees is going to happen, will it stay at 299 or go up if nobody died in that time frame?
If it was sanctioned, the family (conceivably) couldn't fill it. So, yes, it would stay at 299. This doesn't appear to be the case with Mazzola, though.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Snakes wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:22 am

If it was sanctioned, the family (conceivably) couldn't fill it. So, yes, it would stay at 299. This doesn't appear to be the case with Mazzola, though.
Thanks, so its better for a family to lose members due to natural causes then to kill them. What if a member flips?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:44 am
Snakes wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:22 am

Thanks, so its better for a family to lose members due to natural causes then to kill them. What if a member flips?
Chin or B or someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but cooperating members aren't replaced, either. So sanctioned murders and members who flip are not replaced.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Cooperators still count against the books. I believe Pennisi had a recent video where he talked about his current standing as a Lucchese family cooperator essentially being the same as a shelved member protocol wise (albeit one who'll never be off the shelf). So a slot doesn't free up when somebody flips.

I don't know off the top of my head though if they're able to fill that spot once the cooperator dies.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:13 am Cooperators still count against the books. I believe Pennisi had a recent video where he talked about his current standing as a Lucchese family cooperator essentially being the same as a shelved member protocol wise (albeit one who'll never be off the shelf). So a slot doesn't free up when somebody flips.

I don't know off the top of my head though if they're able to fill that spot once the cooperator dies.
I believe they are able to replace the turncoat once they die. I think it's any member the family kills that can't be replaced.
All roads lead to New York.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

It would be embarrassing to put the name of a rat on an induction list and pass it around. Probably bad luck for the guy getting that spot also. It would make sense to penalize a family for having cooperators.
Are we positive they can replace rats?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah, as Chin said we know that CWs still fill a slot but we have no evidence (currently) that CWs have ever been included as deceased members being replaced. As Scootch said, it would be an embarrassment for the Family to do that and a bad omen for the new member replacing him. The "plus two" rule (not sure if it's still in place) would have helped counteract this, though, as it gave Families two brand new slots to boost their cap size. The implication of that rule too is that they were operating at or near their cap at the time otherwise there'd be no need to allow new slots.

Good write-up on Mazzola. Another Genovese member with heritage in Marineo and that area.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Marineo and Salerno. The Westside connection.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:35 am It would be embarrassing to put the name of a rat on an induction list and pass it around. Probably bad luck for the guy getting that spot also. It would make sense to penalize a family for having cooperators.
Are we positive they can replace rats?
I don't think they'd bother using either guys names they've clipped or flipped to fill a slot if they wanted.

As Sal Vitale said they used to go through the obituaries to find names to make guys.

You've never heard of a guy you're not going to have a beef.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.