New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by B. »

I noticed on his breakdown of deceased Lucchese members he has Tony Mancuso as a member of that Family by the time of his 1967 murder. He was Bonanno boss Michael Mancuso's father and I always believed he was a Gambino associate so very interesting if he was not only a made member but a Lucchese member at that. Adds a new dimension to Mike Mancuso's history.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

B. wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:51 pm I noticed on his breakdown of deceased Lucchese members he has Tony Mancuso as a member of that Family by the time of his 1967 murder. He was Bonanno boss Michael Mancuso's father and I always believed he was a Gambino associate so very interesting if he was not only a made member but a Lucchese member at that. Adds a new dimension to Mike Mancuso's history.
Is Michael Mancuso's relation to Aniello Wahoo Mancuso confirmed? And their relation to Jimmy Squillante?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

InCamelot wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:56 pm
B. wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:51 pm I noticed on his breakdown of deceased Lucchese members he has Tony Mancuso as a member of that Family by the time of his 1967 murder. He was Bonanno boss Michael Mancuso's father and I always believed he was a Gambino associate so very interesting if he was not only a made member but a Lucchese member at that. Adds a new dimension to Mike Mancuso's history.
Is Michael Mancuso's relation to Aniello Wahoo Mancuso confirmed? And their relation to Jimmy Squillante?
I had the same question a while back. There were some of the same given names in both families but I'm not sure.

Michael Mancuso's family might be related to Zeke Squitieri as I saw some intermarriage between those names in the Bronx but couldn't confirm. Tony Mancuso was very close to Squitieri and Sisca and Dom Cicale said Mike remained close to them as well.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

B. wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:59 pm
I had the same question a while back. There were some of the same given names in both families but I'm not sure.

Michael Mancuso's family might be related to Zeke Squitieri as I saw some intermarriage between those names in the Bronx but couldn't confirm. Tony Mancuso was very close to Squitieri and Sisca and Dom Cicale said Mike remained close to them as well.
I think someone posted the speculation that if Sisca continues to have influence (ie being in the admin) -- it may help explain Mikey Mancuso's ability to remain in power politically despite all the other factors.

This is probably a dumb question but Squitieri and Squillante aren't last names that are typically connected are they?
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

It seems like the Lucchese's and Bonanno's have never really got along since the "team up" to fight Masseria ended.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

"Joseph Pepitone/Pipitone (DOD 3.1963..."
There is also a possible relation to the current Pipitones like Vito who made the front page of one of the nypost or daily news for getting arrested shortly after his wedding or honeymoon. Something like that...
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Aniello Mancuso and his older brother Gennaro “Jerry” Mancuso were born in NYC to Michele Mancuso and Adelaide Squillante of Sarno, Salerno; the two married in NYC in 1923.

Jimmy Squillante was born 1919 in NYC to Luigi Squillante and Bedelia Alberti. Luigi was also from Sarno, and pretty clearly a relative of Adelaide, either a brother or cousin, as in 1920, Michele Mancuso and Adelaide lived at 344 E 106, the same address as Luigi Squillante, who also witnessed Michele Mancuso’s 1920 naturalization.

Anthony “Tony Nose” Mancuso was born in 1923 in NYC to Michele “Mike” Mancuso and Lucia Franco. Lucia Franco was born in NYC in 1904 and her father, Sabato Salvatore Franco, I believe was also from Sarno. As of 1930, Lucia was widowed, and so I think that Tony Nose’s father was the Michele Mancuso born in 1902 in NYC to Antonio and Antonia Mancuso, who died in 1925 (he was charged in a robbery rap that was overturned in 1924 when the witness recanted his statement in court; he may have been murdered in 1925, given his young age at death, but I wasn’t able to find any report of it in the papers). Antonio Mancuso arrived in NYC in 1890, but his passenger manifest only stated that he was from Italy. He filed his first naturalization papers in 1903 and gave his address then at 411 E 106 St, which was also the address used by Sabato Franco, who I believe was Lucia Franco’s father, when he arrived to NYC from Sarno in 1900 (this address is also on the next block east of where the Mancuso-Squillantes lived a bit later). Given the above, while I haven’t yet been able to confirm it, I believe that Antonio Mancuso was also from Sarno and thus possibly related to the father of Aniello and Jerry Mancuso, though Sarno is not a super small town and Mancuso is a very common surname there.
B. wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:59 pm Michael Mancuso's family might be related to Zeke Squitieri as I saw some intermarriage between those names in the Bronx but couldn't confirm. Tony Mancuso was very close to Squitieri and Sisca and Dom Cicale said Mike remained close to them as well.
It’s definitely possible. Squitieri is a typical surname in Sarno and there were a bunch of Squitieris from Sarno in Hudson and Bergen Counties, so I believe that Zeke Squitieri had ancestry from Sarno.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great to know Wahoo and Jerry Mancuso are likely relatives of Jimmy and Nunzio Squillante.

So basically all of these guys are paesans and possible relatives haha. It never ends.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

I believe Mancuso is Squitieri's nephew.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:36 pm I believe Mancuso is Squitieri's nephew.
Does Dom Cicale answer questions in the comment section of his YouTube videos like Pennisi does? Nose being Zeke’s nephew would definitely be something he’s heard before if true.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

nice.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

is bo squtieri behaving himself?
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

So the Joe LiCalsi identified as a Gambino member was the younger one linked (erroneously it looks like) to the Moretti murder.

Some of us thought it was the older Joe LiCalsi who looks to have been an uncle or second cousin to this one. JD said the younger LiCalsi lived across the street from the Arcuri apartment building but a while back I saw that the older one actually lived in the Arcuri building itself. He previously lived in Tampa and was from Alessandria like all of these guys. The Francos and a brother of the DeCavalcante Giacobbes also lived in the building.
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

New post about Milwaukee member Carl DiMaggio:
https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2024/01/ca ... aukee.html
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello