New LCNBios posts

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CornerBoy
Full Patched

Re: New LCNBios posts

Post by CornerBoy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:47 am
newera_212 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:16 pm
Seeing petty slights and perceived signs of disrespect turn into huge drama and longstanding feuds is hilarious to me. My longtime ex is Dominican and I'd need more fingers and toes to count the number of times I've seen some extremely petty thing balloon into blood relatives or people who knew each other 30+ years, just completely cut the other person off. Or, the amount of times I saw people who knew each other forever fuck one another over out of the blue, when it really wasn't even necessary. Not because someone's back was against the wall, but because someone thought the other person had it coming. Sometimes it'd really piss me off but looking back, a lot of it is kinda funny.
Thankfully with my family there hasn’t been any instances of cutting one another off for good but if you sit the wrong person to close to say the kitchen door at a wedding you can expect to be seated right next to the DJs speakers or the bathroom at that persons next event whether it be the next month or next decade. Sicilians never forget and they’ll lay in the weeds and bide their time until the perfect opportunity for revenge appears.
dont forget how much one gives as a gift. if you give 433 dollars, u will get that at your kids wedding. they can tell you how much their kids got from who from their weddings 30 yrs ago
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

New entry on San Francisco member Filippo Maita.

https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2024/02/fi ... cisco.html
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Excellent one on Maita. Very influential member. I suspect he was on the SF consiglio when it existed.
JoePuzzles234
Straightened out

Post by JoePuzzles234 »

New post about Chicago/Madison member Joseph Aiello:
https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2024/02/jo ... dison.html
"I can’t deal with this. I can’t believe it goes on there. I can’t. Only in Ohio.” - Carmine Agnello
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

First I've heard that Caputo was carried as a Milwaukee captain after Madison disbanded. I know he was on Milwaukee lists later on before he died. Wonder if they had hard intel on him as a capodecina or if it's like the list that had Rockford boss Zammuto as a Chicago captain where they seemingly listed him that way out of convenience.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:48 am First I've heard that Caputo was carried as a Milwaukee captain after Madison disbanded. I know he was on Milwaukee lists later on before he died. Wonder if they had hard intel on him as a capodecina or if it's like the list that had Rockford boss Zammuto as a Chicago captain where they seemingly listed him that way out of convenience.
Yeah, I have no idea who the source was for that and wondered the same.

Certainly possible that Caputo was brought into Milwaukee as a captain to represent the other Madison transfers. I don’t believe I’ve seen it otherwise reported that the Madison transfers to Milwaukee reported to anyone else, unless I’m forgetting something at the moment.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah if he was a captain I figure it was just to represent ex-Madison members. What's confusing is when Maniaci was told about the break-up by Rockford they said two Madison members transferred to Milwaukee to remain active with no indication Caputo was one of them. The rules are that the others should have transferred to another Family but it wasn't specified.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Recent update is a rundown of the Milwaukee family as of 1974.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Always enjoy seeing JD looking into the Midwest stuff. To pat ourselves on the back (as with Pizza Joe Aiello having to flee Chicago because he wouldn’t commit an honor killing on his first wife), we broke some of this first here on the BHF. But JD also adds some things that we hadn’t caught, like Caputo being reported as Milwaukee captain after transferring.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah like we talked about before it's possible Aiello temporarily transferred to Pittsburgh after Chicago before settling in Madison.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:51 am Yeah like we talked about before it's possible Aiello temporarily transferred to Pittsburgh after Chicago before settling in Madison.
Yup. Seems likely that he would’ve sought an arrangement like this for protection before transferring to Madison after his paesan’ Caputo moved from Chicago to Madison. The question that I’d have is if there were any Bagherese Pittsburgh members at this time (though of course if Aiello had ties to Pittsburgh that protected him from Chicago it may not necessarily have been via paesani networks only).
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Salvatore Marino was one. Technically from Santa Flavia but that's Bagheria and he had relatives in the Milwaukee Family. Marino was also connected to Giuseppe Romano from Altavilla who likely became a Pittsburgh member after leaving Racine.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:20 am Salvatore Marino was one. Technically from Santa Flavia but that's Bagheria and he had relatives in the Milwaukee Family. Marino was also connected to Giuseppe Romano from Altavilla who likely became a Pittsburgh member after leaving Racine.
Ah, right. Possible then that Marino was responsible for giving harbor to two guys who had to flee for their lives.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Chaps wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:51 am New entry on San Francisco member Filippo Maita.

https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2024/02/fi ... cisco.html
What's interesting is there is a Danville Brewing co. in the east bay owned by the Maita family today. In the first sentence of the "our story" page it says they "have been in the beer business since shortly after prohibition". I feel like it would be comical to believe that after reading the lcn bios post that states the Maita's were bootlegger's since at least 1932. I found this out by doing a simple instagram search on the Maita name where I came across two daughters of the owner of the brewery, one of which actually looks like Fillipo Maita, with similar features and sort of a large, round head/face. The modern day cross overs are always interesting to me especially when they've been unknowingly close to where I live. It's more interesting now because I've been there and enjoyed some of the beers without knowing their families history, and now I do thanks to lcn bios.