Bonanno 1960s chart

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

thekiduknow
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno 1960s chart

Post by thekiduknow »

motorfab wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:16 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:35 am
thekiduknow wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:19 am
Chris Christie wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:09 am Fascinating stuff.

Aside from this chart, a Bonanno War and a Bonanno Arizona faction of those who went with him would be interesting and informative. Once we hammer out this first 1963 chart, the rest should be quick to make.
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8029

I have some edits to make regarding the crew succession, and I found out the "rising stars" thing didn't come from Bill as I originally thought, but here is what I did a few months back. Motorfab was kind enough to do a visual chart, but I think if we do the 63 chart we could expand on it to include all the known members.
You and MotorFab did a great job. Really no need for me to recreate it.

Great work, gentlemen.
Thanks a lot Sir. Tell me if you need more infos/photos for the crew of Montreal or anything else. I probably have less material than stevan or kid for NY but it will be a pleasure to help for a Bonanno chart
Like Chris said, your help is invaluable. Can't wait to see what we all put together.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Point of information: Will the chart contain only those individuals who between January 1, 1963 and December 31, 1963 were considered to be made members of the Bonanno Family?
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

antimafia wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:35 pm Point of information: Will the chart contain only those individuals who between January 1, 1963 and December 31, 1963 were considered to be made members of the Bonanno Family?
There will be suspected members as well. But if it looks like a guy was made later than 63, not unlike what we were talking about above with some of the Arizona guys, I'm not sure if we should include them even as suspected members.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Does anyone have any more information on these names from the original list?

Santo Manfre
Giuseppe Pizzo
Angelo Sparaco

And why Joseph Sinacore is listed as a member? He was Giuseppe Grimaldi's brother in law, and JD had him as a suspected member on his 1979 chart, but I haven't seen anything suggesting he was a member.

There was a Frank Sinacore I think listed as a deceased member in the 1970s, B. looked into him I remember and found he was from Santa Ninfa.

That same list has Vito Licata as a member.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Tony Canzoneri is another member (captain) who died after the books closed -- he died in 1959. Confirmed on a 1970s FBI deceased list and by Bill Bonanno.

Should include Frank Sinacore as a member since he was ID'd as a deceased member in a 1970s FBI report. He died in 1969. Will go through some of those 1970s files again to see if anyone else is mentioned who isn't on these lists.

Not sure what led to Joe Sinacore being on CC's 1963 chart but if JD had him as a suspected member he likely found some indication of it. He was always pretty stringent about the Bonanno Family. I think we could include him as suspected on this chart.

It looks like the Camporeale and Santa Ninfa guys closely associated or even reported to the same crew. Interesting given those towns factor into early Family history.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Do you have a dob for Frank, B?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

1904. Brooklyn -> Long Island pipeline like so many other members.

Also interesting Pietro Licata reported to LaBruzzo. San Cipirello is right near Camporeale.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

This work as a template?
gamtestex.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Thanks B.

I like the layout Chris. I started formatting the members, still got a long way to go.

For occupation I started putting the business address, but it looks like it might be a little much space wise. I can still include it if you’d like since I have it.

For “origin”, if the member was born in the US, would it be both his parents hometown(if known), or just the father?
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Kid, about Manfre I talk sometimes on FB with his grandson, tell me what you need, I'll ask him
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

What Kid asked brings up the question of members whose parents come from different towns, especially if they're both "important" towns. Nick Castello for example had a father from Palermo but his mother came from Camporeale which is significant info based on Bonanno history and I think it should be included. It's relevant too that his father was Palermitano, though, especially because Kid found his father closely involved with the Family.

Another is Phil Giaccone -- his father was from Santa Margherita di Belice (Agrigento) which shows up with other Bonanno members but his nephew Frank Saggio said Phil's mother was Castellammarese (ideally should verify given Saggio makes questionable claims... but he was definitely his nephew via marriage, can confirm).

Bill Bonanno too has Castellammare and Camporeale... very significant union given the Family leadership history.

--

As for Santo Manfre, he was Castellammarese and apparently linked to early members but never seen him confirmed by the FBI or Bill/Joe. Wonder if someone saw that Gentile misidentified Manfredi Mineo as "Manfre" and thought it was Santo. There are a number of guys from Castellammare and other Bonanno towns who have all the right connections and were linked to mafia activity but it's hard to say. There were old guys linked to the Good Killers and other early activity still living who are possible members but nobody said it outright.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Both m and f origins.
lennert
Straightened out

Post by lennert »

Interesting about Peter Alese… Father Rosario, mother Brigida Barbara… So he was the brother of Joe Ales, the guy testifying in the 1921 Good Killer case…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

motorfab wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:00 am Kid, about Manfre I talk sometimes on FB with his grandson, tell me what you need, I'll ask him
Very cool. Maybe he shine some light on his later life, whether he was still connected. I looked him on Bill Feather's site, and he wrote that Manfre was arrested with DiGregorio, Domenico Sabella, and Antonio Domingo for the double murder of Pietro Turrigiano and Pietro Caleca. He also apparently married into the DiGregorios. He died in California in 1968. So, maybe ask the grandson if he knows when he moved to California? If he was a member, he might have been one of the ones who moved out west in the 40s/50s when Bonanno started setting up shop in Arizona.
B. wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:52 am As for Santo Manfre, he was Castellammarese and apparently linked to early members but never seen him confirmed by the FBI or Bill/Joe. Wonder if someone saw that Gentile misidentified Manfredi Mineo as "Manfre" and thought it was Santo. There are a number of guys from Castellammare and other Bonanno towns who have all the right connections and were linked to mafia activity but it's hard to say. There were old guys linked to the Good Killers and other early activity still living who are possible members but nobody said it outright.
Looks like Manfre is a good example of having those early connections, but no one identifying him as a member. Could be that those guys faded into obscurity. Bill said something to the FBI that he wasn't that familiar with the older guys in the family, so they could have flew under the radar.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

lennert wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:59 am Interesting about Peter Alese… Father Rosario, mother Brigida Barbara… So he was the brother of Joe Ales, the guy testifying in the 1921 Good Killer case…

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Thanks for the info, I couldn't find his mother. Didn't know about his brother either.