Bonanno 1960s chart

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

cavita
Full Patched

Re: Bonanno 1960s chart

Post by cavita »

JoelTurner wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:01 am Here’s some info on Peter Licata

PIETRO LICATA
(Peter, Big Pete, Mr. Pete)
DOB: Nov 9 1906
POB: San Ciperello, Palermo, Sicily
F: Castrenze Licata
M: Elisbetta LaMonica
W: Giuseppina “Josephine” Di Giovanni
Immigrated: Aug 7 1950 to 1323 Clover Ave, Rockford, IL
Occupation: Owner - C&S Bakery (540 Metropolitan Ave, Brooklyn, NY)
Address: 201 Wilson Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Death: Nov 5 1976 - Gunned down outside house (73-15 68th Rd, Queens, NY)

Didn’t live in Rockford, IL but maintained contacts there including with an LCN member (name censored)

Operated out of Conca D'Oro Expresso Shop (274 Knickerbocker Ave, Brooklyn, NY)
I'm 100% certain the Rockford contact that Licata was noted as having was with Rockford consigliere Joe Zito as Zito was from SGI and Licata was from San Cipirello and those two villages are right next to each other.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Licata was also ID'd as a "member of the mafia" in San Cipirello in the 1930s. Zito's brothers and uncle Salamone were ID'd as mafia figures in San Giuseppe Jato during that era.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

B. wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:58 pm Licata was also ID'd as a "member of the mafia" in San Cipirello in the 1930s. Zito's brothers and uncle Salamone were ID'd as mafia figures in San Giuseppe Jato during that era.
That Salamone was the brother of Zito's mother- Lorenza Salamone. I think I knew this, but forgot. What was the brother's name?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

cavita wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:09 pm
B. wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:58 pm Licata was also ID'd as a "member of the mafia" in San Cipirello in the 1930s. Zito's brothers and uncle Salamone were ID'd as mafia figures in San Giuseppe Jato during that era.
That Salamone was the brother of Zito's mother- Lorenza Salamone. I think I knew this, but forgot. What was the brother's name?
It was Antonino Salamone, same name as the later boss of SGJ who lived in NYC and South America. Wondered if he is related.
nash143
Straightened out

Post by nash143 »

B. wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:52 pm
cavita wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:09 pm
It was Antonino Salamone, same name as the later boss of SGJ who lived in NYC and South America. Wondered if he is related.
SGJ Boss Antonino Salamone's Father was Francesco- don't know if this helps link them. This caught my eye as not only was Antonio Salamone part of the Pizza Connection, but as were brothers Filippo Salamone, Salvatore Salamone (obit - https://obits.funeralinnovations.com/ob ... /386213/2/ - great opening paragraph) and Benny Zito. In the book Last Days of the Sicilians it states Benedetto 'Benny' Zito was from SGJ, though in the file Fab posted a while back, it states he was born in Torretta so some confusion there.

Interesting as Licata was killed to make way for Catalano.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Here is the doc for those who want to dig into it https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... s.html?m=1
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Felice has also said Benny Zito was from Torretta and not San Giuseppe Jato as the book said. It is confusing as Zitos have been involved with the mafia in both locations and Benny Zito was close to Ganci from SGJ but yeah he was from Torretta.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Galante crew

PAUL ANTHONY DICOCCO
(Paolino, Legs)
DOB: Jun 20 1924
POB: Schenectady, NY
F: Paolo Antonio Dicocco
M: Erselia Pallante
W: Mary Ellen Bates
Occupation: Owner - Dicocco’s Luncheonette (1505 South Ave, Schenectady, NY)
Address: 2032 Ave A, Schenectady, NY
Prior addresses: 123 Park Pl, Schenectady, NY; 103 Jefferson St, Schenectady, NY
Family from Fontechiari, Frosinone, Lazio
Death: Jul 30 1989

Supposedly part of the “Meyer Lansky gang”, which makes sense seeing as he was involved in that area. No idea how he linked up with Galante.

ANDREA BUCARO
(Andrew, Curly, Curley)
DOB: Jul 10 1906
POB: NYC, NY
F: Giacomo Bucaro
M: Anna LaPaglia
W: Carmela Gassera
Address: 27 2nd St, NYC, NY
Prior addresses: 139 Division St, NYC, NY; 161 Chrystie St, NYC, NY; 1748 64th St, NYC, NY; 214 E 5th St, NYC, NY
Death: Sep 1980
Family from Ciminna, Palermo, Sicily

Longtime Galante associate; arrested with him in 1931.

ARMANDO POLLASTRINO
(Armand, Buddy)
DOB: Apr 21 1914
F: Felice Pollastrino (Cesinali, Avellino, Campania)
M: Sabina Lasala (Bernalda, Matera, Basilicata)
Address: 5 S 16th Ave, Mount Vernon, NY
Prior addresses: 1227 Rosedale Ave, Bronx, NY; 1038 Metcalf Ave, Bronx, NY;
Death: Jul 3 1990
———————

Crew Unknown

PASQUALE COSOLETO
(Patsy, Patty Box Cars)
DOB: Oct 1 1914
F: Peter Cosoleto (Calabria)
M: Mary “Paine” Pagnotta (Potenza)
W: Catherine Musco
Address: 1359 Bath Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Prior addresses: 304 Mott St, NYC, NY; 50 E Houston St, NYC, NY
B#: 87367
Death: Jul 24 1994

Son Peter “Petey Box Cars” Cosoleto was later a member.

ANGELO SPARACO
DOB: May 1 1917
POB: Bronx, NY
F: Alessandro Sparaco (Caserta, Campania)
M: Cesira Sessa (Torre Annunziata, Naples, Campania)
W: Rose SanGiorgio
Address: 221 Belmont Ave, Bronx, NY
Prior addresses: 653 E 182nd St, Bronx, NY; 615 E 189th St, Bronx, NY; 1059 White Plains Rd, Bronx, NY
Death: Oct 1986

Bodyguard to Bill Bonanno, part of the AZ group. Listed as a capo in the ‘70s. (Idk if true)

LEONARDO GENNA
(Leonard)
DOB: Jun 30 1902
POB: Castellammare del Golfo, Trapani, Sicily
F: Albert Genna
M: Frances Quagliota
W: Paulina Genna
Address: 58 Oak St, Amityville, NY
Prior addresses: 171 County Line Rd, Amityville , NY; 1066 10th St. Brooklyn, NY
Death: Feb 1987

His wife was born to Anthony Genna and Josephine Magaddino. I think this was Steve Magaddino’s sister. He had a sister named Josephine Genna per obituaries.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Great job Joel as always. My imposter syndrome is kicking in, I had no idea who Sparaco was, can't believe I missed him. If he was made he could be a candidate for one of the guys Bill made during the split.

Cosoleto is listed by LCNBios as being made in the 70s, I accidentally left him on the list.

You're right, Paulina's mother was Stefano's sister. Sereno Tartamella married their daughter. The Alberto Galante Stefano's cousin Gaspare Magaddino killed in 1964 was Leonardo's nephew, his sister being Alberto's mother. Future Bonanno member James Genna was also Leonardo's nephew, his father being Leonardo's brother.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

They're also probably descended from the Alberto Genna identified as a leader of the CDG Family in the 1883 investigation. Didn't know Alberto Galante was also related -- there's a new twist.
JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

thekiduknow wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:40 pm Great job Joel as always. My imposter syndrome is kicking in, I had no idea who Sparaco was, can't believe I missed him. If he was made he could be a candidate for one of the guys Bill made during the split.

Cosoleto is listed by LCNBios as being made in the 70s, I accidentally left him on the list.

You're right, Paulina's mother was Stefano's sister. Sereno Tartamella married their daughter. The Alberto Galante Stefano's cousin Gaspare Magaddino killed in 1964 was Leonardo's nephew, his sister being Alberto's mother. Future Bonanno member James Genna was also Leonardo's nephew, his father being Leonardo's brother.
Do you know when his son Pete was made? It would be pretty crazy if both of them were made at a similar time.

Interesting stuff on the Magaddino connection too
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Pete was made in the summer of 1991 according to JD. I believe his name was on a confiscated list of proposed members, but I could be wrong.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Found it, thanks to Rick for posting the picture in the Bonanno Lineage thread:

JoelTurner
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by JoelTurner »

Here’s some info on Stevie Beef Cannone.

Morale Crew

STEFANO JOSEPH CANNONE
(Steven, Stevie Beefs)
DOB: Apr 18 1913 (or Apr 8/Nov 16)
F: Ignazio Cannone
M: Maria Bufino
W: Santa “Sally” Travella
Address: 224 Elizabeth St, NYC, NY
Prior addresses: 229 Prince St, NYC, NY; 406 E 23rd St, NYC, NY; 18 Prince St, NYC, NY
Death: Sep 9 1985
Family from Castellammare del Golfo, Trapani, Sicily

———————-

His nephew on his wife’s side was future Bonanno member Charles “Crazy Charlie” Travella.

His sister Mary married Leonard Saraceno, son of Antonio Saraceno and Maria Navarre. Another sister Francesca married Leonardo’s brother Giuseppe Saraceno.

In the 1930s, Leonard and Maria moved from NYC to Endicott, NY. Their son Joseph Saraceno was a high school teacher and a member of the NE Pennsylvania family. He was married to Alfonsina "Alfie" Volpe, daughter of Santo Volpe (from Montedoro), an early boss of that family.

This connection reminded me of Ignazio Cannone, who was pinched at Appalachin. He was from Endicott and switched to the Bonannos. He’s usually mentioned as a nephew of Natale Evola, but I don’t know how they were related. His parents were Diego and Vita DiMatteo while Evola’s were Philip Evola and Frances Mione. Plus, he was a bachelor.
Don_Peppino
Straightened out

Post by Don_Peppino »

Is there a pictorial chart made or being made? I would love to see something more accurate than the 63' Valachi chart. More akin to the Genovese chart of 63'.
"I was a venture capitalist"