Canadian Mafia 'underboss' Domenico Violi’ gets day parole despite objections of prison authorities

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NickleCity
Full Patched

Re: Canadian Mafia 'underboss' Domenico Violi’ gets day parole despite objections of prison authorities

Post by NickleCity »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:53 pm
NickleCity wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:56 am Interesting Burnstein reported in his new article that "Dom Violi, 57, was inducted in a January 2015 making ceremony and Joey, 53, received his button the following year."

See: https://gangsterreport.com/all-the-king ... e-dynasty/
Assuming he meant made into the Todaro family correct? Can you post the particular passage? There’s a paywall
Speaking of Todaro Burnstein writes:

His two biggest recruits for the crime family redux were the Violi brothers, Dom and Joey, and their brother-in-laws Rocco and Nat Luppino in Hamilton, Ontario, right across the border in Canada and identical to Todaro in the mob royalty department. The Violis were free agents of sorts and deciding between joining the Bonanno crime family in New York City or Todaro’s Magaddino crime family. Todaro convinced them they had more opportunity for advancement in his organization and clinched their loyalty. Dom Violi, 57, was inducted in a January 2015 making ceremony and Joey, 53, received his button the following year.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Canadian Mafia 'underboss' Domenico Violi’ gets day parole despite objections of prison authorities

Post by Newyorkempire »

"Brother in laws".....?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:54 am "Brother in laws".....?
Rocco and Natale are brothers to Dom and Joe’s mother making them Uncles is what I thought. How can he make these mistakes? It’s makes you question everything else that’s written.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:58 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:54 am "Brother in laws".....?
Rocco and Natale are brothers to Dom and Joe’s mother making them Uncles is what I thought. How can he make these mistakes? It’s makes you question everything else that’s written.
Yea that's pretty bad
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Also the way he frames this part ‘His two biggest recruits for the crime family redux were the Violi brothers, Dom and Joey, and their brother-in-laws Rocco and Nat Luppino in Hamilton, Ontario makes it seems as if Rocco and Natale are also new recruits but those guy are what 70, 80+ years old??

Smh
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

What we were told earlier is that Joe Violi was given the option of Buffalo or the Bonannos. Sergi said Dom Violi indicated it was more likely he'd join the Bonannos.

Morena was originally from NYC and a longtime Bonanno associate who reported to an NY-based crew while living in Ontario. Like Morena's story, Violi's option shows that Buffalo and the Bonannos have a good relationship but it hasn't come out who in the Bonannos was would have facilitated him joining them. Arcadi, Mucci, and Cotroni aren't explicitly ID'd as members in what's publicly available but in addition to Dom Violi offering to introduce Morena to them, Sergi said Dom Violi's promotion was going to be communicated to Montreal members after issues there were resolved. These would no doubt be Bonanno members in Montreal. We know too now that Rocco Luppino was introduced to two Caruanos as amico nostra by a "high-ranking" Bonanno member but Todaro told him not to recognize them -- either way, Luppino still was in contact with the Bonannos (NYC, Montreal, or both?).

The Magaddino tapes and a 1970s FBI report I've shared tell us the Bonannos had members in Ontario during that time but exactly who remains unconfirmed and these inductees look to have been unsanctioned at least when they were first made. It's easy to see Morena and possibly Joe Violi as newer anomolies but there is strong reason to believe the Bonannos had members there earlier.

Another thing Sergi shared was that Todaro wanted Dom Violi to be formally introduced to members of at least the Gambino and Colombo Families. He was already introduced as a member to NYC Bonanno members but it's not clear from what's available if Dom Violi meant Todaro wanted him to be introduced to the Gambinos / Colombos simply as a member or if he meant as the underboss. A promotion requiers a re-introduction with the member's new title (hence Todaro saying he had to be the one who lets the Luppinos know) so this may be what Todaro wanted with the Gambinos / Colombos, same with what Dom Violi said about Montreal.

Something interesting Sergi shared too is that Joe Violi felt Todaro authorized the Musitanos to order a hit in Ontario. This further clarifies the Musitanos' affiliation with Buffalo and Joe Violi's suspicion of Todaro's involvement in approving a Musitano-linked murder contract indicates that Todaro wasn't seen as a hapless bystander while his Canadian faction engaged in violence but has actually been involved to some degree. Morena said that Todaro likely wouldn't have made members killed without NYC's approval, though, meaning the would-be victim may have been a made member.

I imagine the Colombo reference is a mistake but I wouldn't put anything past Canada right now. The trickle of info from Otremens continues to defy assumptions and has from the very start. The Colombos made Bretti in Utica which is Buffalo's territory, I've just never heard of the Colombos having any relationship to Canada.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10 ... 22.2151036
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

B. wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:57 am What we were told earlier is that Joe Violi was given the option of Buffalo or the Bonannos. Sergi said Dom Violi indicated it was more likely he'd join the Bonannos.

Morena was originally from NYC and a longtime Bonanno associate who reported to an NY-based crew while living in Ontario. Like Morena's story, Violi's option shows that Buffalo and the Bonannos have a good relationship but it hasn't come out who in the Bonannos was would have facilitated him joining them. Arcadi, Mucci, and Cotroni aren't explicitly ID'd as members in what's publicly available but in addition to Dom Violi offering to introduce Morena to them, Sergi said Dom Violi's promotion was going to be communicated to Montreal members after issues there were resolved. These would no doubt be Bonanno members in Montreal. We know too now that Rocco Luppino was introduced to two Caruanos as amico nostra by a "high-ranking" Bonanno member but Todaro told him not to recognize them -- either way, Luppino still was in contact with the Bonannos (NYC, Montreal, or both?).

The Magaddino tapes and a 1970s FBI report I've shared tell us the Bonannos had members in Ontario during that time but exactly who remains unconfirmed and these inductees look to have been unsanctioned at least when they were first made. It's easy to see Morena and possibly Joe Violi as newer anomolies but there is strong reason to believe the Bonannos had members there earlier.

Another thing Sergi shared was that Todaro wanted Dom Violi to be formally introduced to members of at least the Gambino and Colombo Families. He was already introduced as a member to NYC Bonanno members but it's not clear from what's available if Dom Violi meant Todaro wanted him to be introduced to the Gambinos / Colombos simply as a member or if he meant as the underboss. A promotion requiers a re-introduction with the member's new title (hence Todaro saying he had to be the one who lets the Luppinos know) so this may be what Todaro wanted with the Gambinos / Colombos, same with what Dom Violi said about Montreal.

Something interesting Sergi shared too is that Joe Violi felt Todaro authorized the Musitanos to order a hit in Ontario. This further clarifies the Musitanos' affiliation with Buffalo and Joe Violi's suspicion of Todaro's involvement in approving a Musitano-linked murder contract indicates that Todaro wasn't seen as a hapless bystander while his Canadian faction engaged in violence but has actually been involved to some degree. Morena said that Todaro likely wouldn't have made members killed without NYC's approval, though, meaning the would-be victim may have been a made member.

I imagine the Colombo reference is a mistake but I wouldn't put anything past Canada right now. The trickle of info from Otremens continues to defy assumptions and has from the very start. The Colombos made Bretti in Utica which is Buffalo's territory, I've just never heard of the Colombos having any relationship to Canada.

Are you talking the authorization on Papalia or a recent hit that Musitanos were sanctioned to commit?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Great post B.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:09 am
B. wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:57 am What we were told earlier is that Joe Violi was given the option of Buffalo or the Bonannos. Sergi said Dom Violi indicated it was more likely he'd join the Bonannos.

Are you talking the authorization on Papalia or a recent hit that Musitanos were sanctioned to commit?
This murder contract was contemporary to Otremens.

With Papalia, he was a Buffalo member and I suspect that was sanctioned by Buffalo. NickleCity has posted some info that contributes to that belief.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

B. wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:05 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:09 am

This murder contract was contemporary to Otremens.

With Papalia, he was a Buffalo member and I suspect that was sanctioned by Buffalo. NickleCity has posted some info that contributes to that belief.
Yes. Im overly familiar with Papalia. I did not know the sanctioned hit was being framed as a contemporary murder.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Re-reading what Sergi shared, you're right it's not totally clear if the Toronto contract was current or referring to something in the past. When I read it, it sounded current but it's not totally clear. Because it references Violi's belief that Todaro authorized it that does indicate it was current.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

antimafia wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:11 am
antimafia wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:09 am
OcSleeper wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:19 am The dark Mafia legacy that Joey Violi says he is trying to outrun
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ma ... joey-violi

The parole board denied him full parole but approved his day parole to a half-way house for six months.
Ontario man released on parole despite 'deeply engrained criminally oriented mafia family'
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/gi ... fia-parole
Murdered mob boss’s son granted day parole, plans to return to Hamilton
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2023/0 ... ilton.html
Mafia boss's son released on full parole after serving time for importing cocaine and fentanyl
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/gi ... rafficking
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:13 am
OcSleeper wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:19 am The dark Mafia legacy that Joey Violi says he is trying to outrun

The parole board denied him full parole but approved his day parole to a half-way house for six months.
Ontario man released on parole despite 'deeply engrained criminally oriented mafia family'
Mafia boss's son released on full parole after serving time for importing cocaine and fentanyl
Both brothers back in the mix? We'll see, time will tell...
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Employment for US and Canadian parole board positions both require mild to severe retardation as qualifications.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:24 pm

Employment for US and Canadian parole board positions both require mild to severe retardation as qualifications.
😂😂😂😂😂
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.